Apr 05 2014
By: BisforBRAD First Son 2 posts

Will the future of PS+ be focused on PS4 titles?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 214 views Edited Apr 5, 2014

So I just got a ps3 again after playing on pc for a while and I was wondering will instant game collection still include AAA games each month for the ps3. Or will the focus be on ps4, with the ps3 only recieveing smaller games. Also if someone could create a list of a few of the games that have been on psn+ before so that I can get a better idea of what kind of games get put into the instant game collection I would be very grateful.

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible and changed label from Games and Platforms to Ask the Community. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Re: Will the future of PS+ be focused on PS4 titles?

Apr 5, 2014

hi

it's the other way around, ps3 recives aaa games all the time, it's ps4 that can't have aaa games just yet.

here is the link i use (updates frequently)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

Message 2 of 8 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3922 posts

Apr 5, 2014

You can get a idea looking at the Instant game collection on Plus. I dont know but i belive the PS3 will be the focus for another year or two while PS4 titles build up. It could be longer.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 3 of 8 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Apr 5, 2014

i dont  see sony excluding PS3  from ps+ for a long time plus there many AAA titles that have yet to come to the igc so yes PS+ will be worth having for the PS3  for a long time. AAA will also start coming probably fall for the ps4

Message 4 of 8 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Apr 5, 2014

Sony will probably stop focusing on the ps3 years from now.

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 5 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3306 posts

Apr 5, 2014
I think the PS3 offering will only get better as with the shift to PS4 continues as publshers will be more willing to put their last gen AAA games on PS+ becase sales will have dried up by then & I doubt they'll refuse free money from Sony + possibly DLC sales.
Message 6 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 5, 2014

Thanks for the insight, I'm hoping I can get plus before borderlands 2 is removed (I already have it on pc, but might as well get it on ps3 if it's free.)

Message 7 of 8 (160 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Apr 6, 2014

Yeah I agree to that, but then again, the PS4's library is fairly small so their PS+ is now mainly relying on very good indies for now.

Message 8 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes