Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2005
By: aapia11~ Wastelander 921 posts

Will the new controllers still have dual shock?

10 replies 7 views Edited Jun 11, 2005
Will the new ps3 controlers have dualshock or is that lawsuit gonna interfere?
GTA:SAN ANDREAS ROCKS...click 4 website

The stupidity on these boards have a tendancy to rub off on people.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1379 posts

Re: Will the new controllers still have dual shock?

Jun 11, 2005
they can make some new **bleep** 1337
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
935 posts

Jun 11, 2005
Dual Shock is the name of the controller.... and most likely they will because xbox uses the same technology and they are keeping it in the 360 ,
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
32681 posts

Jun 11, 2005
The controllers won't be DualShocks.  They're being made by Bluetooth and will likely have a new form of rumble tech.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jun 11, 2005
Hora-Quan you don't know squat! Bluetooth is a specification not a company!!! And rumble technology is the same thing as dual shock, patented by the Immersion corp. Immersion never went after Nintendo in a court battle but sued Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft settled out of court and actually bough a large share of Immersion stock. The Sony case is still underway so there is no official confirmation of dual shock in the new PS3 controllers. I don't know if MS bought stock that will allow MS to vote on the board, but if this is the case (MS controlling Immersion), there is going to be no rumble in those new controllers offered by Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 11, 2005

,OSUbowen wrote:
Hora-Quan you don't know squat! Bluetooth is a specification not a company!!! And rumble technology is the same thing as dual shock, patented by the Immersion corp. Immersion never went after Nintendo in a court battle but sued Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft settled out of court and actually bough a large share of Immersion stock. The Sony case is still underway so there is no official confirmation of dual shock in the new PS3 controllers. I don't know if MS bought stock that will allow MS to vote on the board, but if this is the case (MS controlling Immersion), there is going to be no rumble in those new controllers offered by Sony.

No rumble on those big ugly controllers,  good thing they may fly out of your hand.   It's not looking good for sony at all.,

Message Edited by PS2NATION on 06-11-2005 07:45 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jun 11, 2005
Kid Valor wrote:

Dual Shock is the name of the controller.... and most likely they will because xbox uses the same technology and they are keeping it in the 360

There's the fact that Microshaft paid them to use the technology.  However, Sony did not and it went to court.  Sony lost and was ordered to pay 90 million dollars to the company who owns the technology.  Ouch!  That's one dollar for every PS2 sold!  Sony appealed the court's decision and now the case is hung up in the legal system.  So no, I doubt it will... unless they use the same technology they have in vibrators.

Message Edited by LostInMuff on 06-11-2005 06:01 AM

Message Edited by LostInMuff on 06-11-2005 06:03 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jun 11, 2005
PS2NATION wrote:

No rumble on those big ugly controllers,  good thing they may fly out of your hand.   It's not looking good for sony at all.

Why are you always on these boards if you dislike Sony so much?  Everyone knows that you're getting a 360, so why linger and bother everyone else?  Do you take personal satisfaction out of doing that?  Are you somehow hoping to convert us into fellow Microshafts?  What's your deal... are you lonely?  You think Sony s-cks... so what?  I don't give a cr-p and I don't think anyone here does either.

Message Edited by LostInMuff on 06-11-2005 06:46 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 11, 2005
i do
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
32681 posts

Jun 11, 2005

OSUbowen wrote:
Hora-Quan you don't know,squat! Bluetooth is a specification not a company!!! And rumble,technology is the same thing as dual shock, patented by the Immersion,corp. Immersion never went after Nintendo in a court battle but sued,Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft settled out of court and actually bough a,large share of Immersion stock. The Sony case is still underway so,there is no official confirmation of dual shock in the new PS3,controllers. I don't know if MS bought stock that will allow MS to vote,on the board, but if this is the case (MS controlling Immersion), there,is going to be no rumble in those new controllers offered by Sony.

Okay,I was wrong about Bluetooth being a company.  It's a form of,technology.  Big deal.  Sony lost the case, but is appealing,the court's decision.  If they loose that, they'll likely enter a,royalty agreement which could explain the new controllers.  It is,highly doubtful that Immersion is owned by Microsoft, but if it is,,Sony could invent a new rumble technology.  Immersions doesn't own,all the rumble stuff in the world..

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (7 Views)
0 Likes