Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Re: Will there be a Jak and Daxter game for the PS3?

Jun 9, 2005

luckyagent wrote:
I have a feeling,Naughtydog wont make anymore Jak games (Daxter for the PSP will,probably be the last one). Naughtydog is probably going to make,something totally new, just like what Insomniac is doing right now.

Daxter is being made by Ready at Dawn studios, not Naughty Dog
Message 11 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1282 posts

Jun 9, 2005
Naughty Dog is definitely up to something.  If you look at their,Job Postings page, you'll see they're hiring for modelers and texturers,with ZBrush experience (one of the top programs in CGI-land for,creating super-high-detailed models through displacement and normal,mapping), as well as programmers for their own render system, with,experience in raytracing and global illumination (two things never,before done on a console).
,They're definitely up to something, and it already sounds impressive,just from the team they're trying to put together to make it.
Message 12 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 9, 2005
That game is cool despite that it is a little to cartoonish i think but the sence of the game and ideas are great and i would think that it would roll on over to the playstation 3 just because why wouldent it.  Good way to make money i mean some people out there cant all play rated mature games.
Message 13 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 9, 2005

Jedi2016 wrote:
Naughty Dog is definitely,up to something.  If you look at their Job Postings page, you'll,see they're hiring for modelers and texturers with ZBrush experience,(one of the top programs in CGI-land for creating super-high-detailed,models through displacement and normal mapping), as well as programmers,for their own render system, with experience in raytracing and global,illumination (two things never before done on a console).

,They're definitely up to something, and it already sounds impressive,just from the team they're trying to put together to make it.

yea,,I'm really excited to see what they manage to do on the ps3, They,really push the limit on the ps2 so I'm guessing they'll make something,along the lines of killzone (in graphics) for their first game.
Message 14 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 9, 2005
Just what the ps3 needs,  another kid game for the kids,  they need to make some mature games.
Message 15 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
935 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,Shadow346 wrote:
Like it says.

no.
Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3, Crash Team racing
Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, Jak X (racing)
PS3 Game, PS3 game 2, PS3 game 3, PS3 Game Racing

there making a daxter game for the psp so i don't think there stoping the series yet.
Message 16 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8501 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,trigun0006 wrote:
,no.
Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3, Crash Team racing
Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, Jak X (racing)
PS3 Game, PS3 game 2, PS3 game 3, PS3 Game Racing

I hope that naughty dog doesnt sell the rights to jak after this one.  Sence crash bandicoot was sold to VUgames, it went from being my favorit game franchise, to sucking.

They won't, The Crash seris was published by Universal, but the Jak seris is published by Sony.

So we had three Crash Bandicoot games and then Crash Team Racing, and now we have three Jak games and Jak X. Will Jak and Daxter suffer a similar fate to Crash, or are you planning on keeping hold of them for a while yet? ,

EW: The similarity is purely coincidental, and it was never intended to play out in that fashion. The reason that Jak and Daxter will never play out in that fashion is that Crash Bandicoot was never owned by Sony or Naughty Dog - it was always a Universal license. So when we moved on to Jak and Daxter, Universal was free to do whatever it wanted with Crash, so you saw it go off to other developers and saw the sequels that they made. But Jak and Daxter is Sony's license, and Naughty Dog will continue to support Sony with the franchise and continue to make games as long as it makes sense, and as long as they're popular.

Message Edited by downlink II on 06-09-2005 12:43 PM

downlink ii
Message 17 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

Jun 10, 2005

PS2NATION wrote:
Just what the ps3 needs,  another kid game for the kids,  they need to make some mature games.

troll, who says jak and daxer games are for kids?  what is ur deff of a "mature" game.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 18 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jun 10, 2005

PS2NATION wrote:

You,apperently haven't played the game. Since when do kid games have,vilolence, destruction, cursing, crime, and other things that are in,the Jak series that I don't see in other "kid games". Just because the,graphics style of the game doesn't have bloody, grungey, death-themed,levels and characters doesn't make it a kiddy game. IMO The Jak series,is one of the best on PS2 with great gameplay, amazing storyline, and,amazingly detailed graphics/animations.
Message 19 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8501 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,PS2NATION wrote:

Dude, I never thought you were that Biased, fanboy.
downlink ii
Message 20 of 32 (8 Views)
0 Likes