Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 17 2013
By: The_Afrokid Treasure Hunter 5467 posts

Will there ever be a water conduit?

[ Edited ]
14 replies 424 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

Just wondering.

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 15 (424 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 18, 2013
I'm hoping Delsin gets water powers
Message 2 of 15 (413 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Jul 19, 2013

It looks as if Infamous: Second Son is aiming to mix-up the powers for the bioterrorists. Whether the protagonist uses more than smoke, or we'll see a range of other friends/enemies with different powers... it's possible a bioterrorist with hydro input could be in there.

Message 3 of 15 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Actually, I take it back. I want Blastoise in the game.
Message 4 of 15 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jul 19, 2013

The_Afrokid wrote:
Just wondering.

well, Delsin has the power to copy other people's powers, so there is going to be more powers than just smoke, if water is one of them, I have no idea :smileywink:

what I hope is that at least the boss conduits are better this time, I think the bosses were great in infamous 1 but not so much in infamous 2:

Spoiler
Sasha was creepy and the boss battle was great, Aldin was fun to beat on the bridge, I didn't like his character though, and the Kessler battle and the cutscene after that were just epic, but in infamous 2 it was basically 'just shoot the weak point', sure it was nice that the bosses (the beast and bertrand) were really big, but if it is just about running away and shoot weak points, I don't consider that a good boss battle, so let's hope they do it better with infamous second son :smileyhappy:

also I hope there will be more bosses, infamous 1 had 3 and infamous 2 only 2, bosses are always conduits in infamous 1 and 2, so maybe they can do something with that, just throw in a couple of them and after Delsin defeats them he can copy their powers :smileytongue:

Message 5 of 15 (401 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 20, 2013
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD
Message 6 of 15 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 15 (394 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:

The guys at Sucker Punch said it while showing up the E3 demo. Also, remember Delsin's first power is smoke/fire, and those do not get well with water. 

Either way, I'm kind of tired of elemental powers, can't we just see some good old energy/nuclear blasts?

Message 8 of 15 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

The guys at Sucker Punch said it while showing up the E3 demo. Also, remember Delsin's first power is smoke/fire, and those do not get well with water. 

Either way, I'm kind of tired of elemental powers, can't we just see some good old energy/nuclear blasts?

ok, seems pretty cheap decision to me, because they don't want to make Delsin being able to swim and all that...

fire/smoke is the first elemental power in the infamous games if I'm not mistaken, or do you mean you are tired of elemental powers in general? I don't really care what the power is, as long as the gameplay with the powers is unique and awesome and that it looks right :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

ok, seems pretty cheap decision to me, because they don't want to make Delsin being able to swim and all that...

fire/smoke is the first elemental power in the infamous games if I'm not mistaken, or do you mean you are tired of elemental powers in general? I don't really care what the power is, as long as the gameplay with the powers is unique and awesome and that it looks right :smileyhappy:

Well Cole had Lightning and Ice/Fire, the Beast and Nix had Fire, Kuo had Ice.

At least on the first inFAMOUS Alden had telekinesis and Sasha mind control, those were cool powers. I want to see more of that and not that much Water/Fire/Lightning/Earth/Ice thing.

Message 10 of 15 (372 Views)
0 Likes