Reply
Jul 17 2013
By: The_Afrokid Treasure Hunter 4579 posts
Online

Will there ever be a water conduit?

[ Edited ]
14 replies 374 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

Just wondering.

 

 

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (374 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1578 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 18, 2013
I'm hoping Delsin gets water powers
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/26/2007
Online
10752 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 19, 2013

It looks as if Infamous: Second Son is aiming to mix-up the powers for the bioterrorists. Whether the protagonist uses more than smoke, or we'll see a range of other friends/enemies with different powers... it's possible a bioterrorist with hydro input could be in there.


Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1578 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 19, 2013
Actually, I take it back. I want Blastoise in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2834 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 19, 2013

The_Afrokid wrote:
Just wondering.

well, Delsin has the power to copy other people's powers, so there is going to be more powers than just smoke, if water is one of them, I have no idea :smileywink:

 

what I hope is that at least the boss conduits are better this time, I think the bosses were great in infamous 1 but not so much in infamous 2:

Spoiler
Sasha was creepy and the boss battle was great, Aldin was fun to beat on the bridge, I didn't like his character though, and the Kessler battle and the cutscene after that were just epic, but in infamous 2 it was basically 'just shoot the weak point', sure it was nice that the bosses (the beast and bertrand) were really big, but if it is just about running away and shoot weak points, I don't consider that a good boss battle, so let's hope they do it better with infamous second son :smileyhappy:

 

also I hope there will be more bosses, infamous 1 had 3 and infamous 2 only 2, bosses are always conduits in infamous 1 and 2, so maybe they can do something with that, just throw in a couple of them and after Delsin defeats them he can copy their powers :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (351 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 20, 2013
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (345 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2834 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 20, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:


The guys at Sucker Punch said it while showing up the E3 demo. Also, remember Delsin's first power is smoke/fire, and those do not get well with water. 

 

Either way, I'm kind of tired of elemental powers, can't we just see some good old energy/nuclear blasts?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (333 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2834 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 22, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:


The guys at Sucker Punch said it while showing up the E3 demo. Also, remember Delsin's first power is smoke/fire, and those do not get well with water. 

 

Either way, I'm kind of tired of elemental powers, can't we just see some good old energy/nuclear blasts?


ok, seems pretty cheap decision to me, because they don't want to make Delsin being able to swim and all that...

 

fire/smoke is the first elemental power in the infamous games if I'm not mistaken, or do you mean you are tired of elemental powers in general? I don't really care what the power is, as long as the gameplay with the powers is unique and awesome and that it looks right :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: Will there ever be a water conduit?

Jul 23, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:
I doubt it, why? Water is still mortal to Delsin, if he gets water powers how come water can kill him?
Just my opinion though xD

what makes you think water kills Delsin? water did kill Cole, but that's understandable with electricity, but I don't see why water would kill Delsin :smileyhappy:


The guys at Sucker Punch said it while showing up the E3 demo. Also, remember Delsin's first power is smoke/fire, and those do not get well with water. 

 

Either way, I'm kind of tired of elemental powers, can't we just see some good old energy/nuclear blasts?


ok, seems pretty cheap decision to me, because they don't want to make Delsin being able to swim and all that...

 

fire/smoke is the first elemental power in the infamous games if I'm not mistaken, or do you mean you are tired of elemental powers in general? I don't really care what the power is, as long as the gameplay with the powers is unique and awesome and that it looks right :smileyhappy:


Well Cole had Lightning and Ice/Fire, the Beast and Nix had Fire, Kuo had Ice.

At least on the first inFAMOUS Alden had telekinesis and Sasha mind control, those were cool powers. I want to see more of that and not that much Water/Fire/Lightning/Earth/Ice thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes