Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Worried about the Vita's future

May 10, 2013
A lot of things about the way the PSV is being handled by Sony are absurd. One thing is for sure, this forecast will probably drive away whatever little third party support there was for the system. Nobody is going to want to make games for a system lead by a company that doesn't expect it to sell while at the same time you have a handheld like the 3DS getting a lot of support by the company behind it and selling twice what Sony announced as forecast~.
Message 11 of 26 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

May 10, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250937/sony-returns-to-profit-playstation-business-sales-down/

So Sony put out their sales projections for the next fiscal year and only project 5 million PSP's AND Vitas to be sold. Thats pretty terrible. So my question for everyone is do you think that this is a sign that Sony realizes that things arn't going well for the Vita? Could also be a hint that they arn't planning to drop the price on it either. I really love my Vita so I really hope that they arnt giving up on the system.

I am pretty sure sony has got things under control this year for the vita, if they do not add anything spectacular at this E3, then I will be extremely worried.

Message 12 of 26 (216 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

May 11, 2013
In a way I want to do my part to support the PSV. I plan on buying one later this summer and building a game for it via PlayStation Mobile.
Message 13 of 26 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 11, 2013

Its better for Sony to make a more modest expectation, than to make a nearly insurmountable expectation like selling 50million Vitas in one year.

Don't forget, this just based on trends that Sony keeps track of.

Sony will be releasing 100+ games for Vita in the coming year which might not be factored into it.

I do think Sony should start making more Vita bundles than whats already out there, and drop the 3G model altogether (maybe even introduce a 4G/LTE model?) and lower the prices on memory cards, more than they have already, and get back into advertising.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 26 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

May 11, 2013
If they want to sell more Vita's, they need to drop the price. Because there is no shortage of people selling theirs on eBay because they don't use them at all. I just got one for $150 on eBay, and I see a lot of them selling at around that price used. So sony should drop the price to $179 to compete with used sales, as they don't get any benefit from people buying used.
Message 15 of 26 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

May 11, 2013

Honestly even as a long time sony loyalist iv'e given serious thought to selling mine lately...I feel by the time the Vitas game LIbrary is where it should be the handhelds life will near be over.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 16 of 26 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

May 11, 2013

Well there is one SCEE guy twitting about one AMAZING AAA title coming to the system and that really worries me a lot, why is he excited about only 1 AAA AMAZING title? not not 5? 7? 9? EXCLUSIVE AAA titles coming to the system? and whats up with all the tease? sony needs to release that AAA AMAZING title yesterday, vita needs big games right now, ASAP!!! E3 will decide my faith in the system but i have to be honest is not looking good, i thought this year was supposed to be better than last and it hasnt turned out that way at all, after Soul Sacrifice the next AAA title is Killzone Mercenary, so what are we getting between those months? indies, i mean i dont have anything against indies games but the AAA titles need to be consistently released.  

In my opinion psvita really needs a very good E3, E3 will decide my faith in the system and they need to fix the message, friends apps, they need to load a lot faster, how about online multiplayer in game vita UI? 

Message 17 of 26 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9265 posts

May 11, 2013
I had the vita for 2 weeks then brought it back Here is why I did that.. I lost faith after haveng to trouble shoot why netflix was not working ok on mhy vita. when the app would start is was ok briteness..when my movie started it got to dim. I went nuts for few weeks trying to get an update to fix it. I called sony they said it was netflix ..netflix said it was sony..so I said to my self time to bail out before they crash. Poor cust service. no one would take the blame. And netflix was very important to me as well as gameing. Sure they might have fixed it down the road but I had only a few weeks to decide to keep it. so I went with a gameing tablet instead..shame on sony and netflix for not teaming up and fixing it..to much effort went into its not me..and a sony tech admitted to me that they know about the issue with netflix but they were stuck at the moment...
Message 18 of 26 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9265 posts

May 11, 2013
ps to my last comment.. you know how video killed the radio star..well tablets killed the vita..way way better and more to do and at almost the same price..so pull your rip cord on your and bail
Message 19 of 26 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

May 11, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
ps to my last comment.. you know how video killed the radio star..well tablets killed the vita..way way better and more to do and at almost the same price..so pull your rip cord on your and bail

I see what you mean by your opinion. "Better", I guess so, since it can do a lot of things, but y'see the PlayStation Vita is a gaming handheld. It's like saying that a tablet is better than a Nintendo 3DS. Of course it is better, but the 3DS and/or Vita are capable of some great gaming experiences while the tablet, to my knowledge, aren't.

I see why people compare the Vita with tablets: because the Vita tries to implement tablet/mobile-like features like Facebook or Twitter. I think those other apps are just there for the sake of, well, just being there-- meaning, that they are not the Vita's primary function. It's primary function is gaming.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 20 of 26 (128 Views)