Apr 24 2014
By: burningDM First Son 12 posts

Would Like to Use Bluetooth with PS4

[ Edited ]
11 replies 8370 views Edited Apr 24, 2014

So just a quick question about bluetooth. Are we ever going to be able to use them? Don't get me wrong I love the ability to use earphones with the ps4 but you see i bought this really expensive bluetooth headset (it was on sale) and I'd like to actually use it on the ps4. It works great with the ps3 but i preffer watching anime on the ps4 which it would be great for.

Mod Edit: Edited title and label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Message 1 of 12 (8,370 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: Bluetooth PS4

Apr 24, 2014
Your guess is good as anyone else's on these forums.
Message 2 of 12 (8,365 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Apr 24, 2014

I've been questioning this since launch on here and I don't get many responses about it. It seems people aren't that interested in Bluetooth anymore, they would rather spend $100+ on headphones. The problem is, that means there's not much demand for it which makes it seem less likely that Sony would put the time into enabling it.

I'm no tech expert but the PS4 has BT technology in it, the controllers are actually BT devices. So I can't see it being very hard to enable the support for headsets/mics. I'm suspecting that they intentionally disabled the use of BT on headsets to make money off the new versions specifically made for this generation. If BT was enabled, technically, we would be able to use any old headset from the PS3 era.

My issue is, I don't want surround sound, bass boosting, noise cancelling headphones. I want to hear the sound from my TV sound system. But I also want a cheap WIRELESS microphone/earpiece to chat with friends once in awhile, which to me is only worth the standard accessory price($60). I would buy a new version if I had to but I'm not willing to spend over $100 for something that doesn't meet my needs. Also, none of thse new headphones are truely wireless. You either have to plug in and get tangled up to your controller or you need to plug a USB adapter into the PS4. Bluetooth is completely wireless and more affordable. I don't understand the lack of interest in BT technology these days, BT used to be considered high-tech and a big step forward in the wireless industry.

Message 3 of 12 (8,354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7015 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2014

SCEI told every one that their Coms system on PS4 would be encrypted and NO BT would work on the PS4...

So No body bothered to buy BT headsets as they were told they won't work when they did there research...

SCEI Also stated that they Would LICENSED Third party extras for PS4...

Turtlebeach and 4gamers have since been licensed after PS4 release to make Headsets for PS4...

LIcensed PS4 headset will Release a lot later....

Of course HQ USB wireless and Wired Headsets from last Gen have been supported which provide Stereo game audio and Mic usage... and you were told before hand that basic default USB driver headsets would be supported and they were, so cheap  $60 Logitech, Turtlebeach, tritton, goiteck, 4gamers, Madcats, then more expensive. Astro, Skull candy, and many other USB headsets worked from release day...       

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 4 of 12 (8,318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Would Like to Use Bluetooth with PS4

Apr 25, 2014

Kinda disappointed on the song ps bluetooth headset 2.0 wasn't compatiable with ps4, but i know later in the future their gonna add it in. So not a big disappointment.

Message 5 of 12 (8,286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 25, 2014

I know you're trying to be smart and all by telling me what all they said but the fact remains that it's stupid that we can't use our old BT on the ps4. As mentioned above the controlers themselves use BT technology so why can't we use our old ear pieces? Not to mention their are currently BT headsets that do work on the ps4 (just not all of them) SO when you said "PS4 headset will Release a lot later" this was incorrect. 

Message 6 of 12 (8,282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7015 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

No The encrypted coms headsets for PS4 will release later for PS4 from turtle beach or 4 gamers...

No Bluetooth comms headset from last gen will ever work as SCEI encrypted the 5 Voice audio channel tech and signals to the DS4 signals...

The BT comms is proprietary encoded thats Why Turtle beach had to buy the license... If logitech had not quit the console martket they will have likely got it...

Buying the License to the encrypted coms does give Turtle beach a chance to FIX the mistake of a headset called PX4....

but users expect they will need more than a firmware update...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message 7 of 12 (8,270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Apr 25, 2014
Since the last update my PS headsets (the first gen before the pulse) stopped working and I noticed last night that optical out isn't working either so turtle beach PX510s aren't working either. I tried to BT connect instead (PS4 recognized them as a headset but said not supported)...that's what brought me to this thread.
Message 8 of 12 (8,255 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7015 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

BAD-WAYNE wrote:
Since the last update my PS headsets (the first gen before the pulse) stopped working and I noticed last night that optical out isn't working either so turtle beach PX510s aren't working either. I tried to BT connect instead (PS4 recognized them as a headset but said not supported)...that's what brought me to this thread.

Remove the dongle from the USB port... and reboot PS4..
SCEA 0080 Headsets disable Optical out when the dongle is enabled as it has to divert all audio to the Virtual 5.1 USB dongle broadcaster....
Go back into Audio settings and select "Chat audio only" for Audio to headsets... This Turns on the Optical and HDMI outputs again after using SCEA 0080 model headsets, the PS4 should do this automaticly but may not if you set it manualy the first time...
This will re-allow the use of the designed for xbox XP510. You still have to use the Turtle beach chat cable... As Turtle beach have not released a BT auto sync to USB logitech profile USB dongle of the PS3 - PS4 upgrade kit yet or even announced one ..

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message 9 of 12 (8,247 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

I'm not sure if you realized this yet, but if you buy a wired headset, even apple earbuds work with this, and plug it into your PS4 Daulshock Controller AUX Port, the PS4 will push all the audio via BT to the controller and in turn, into the headest. So in a sense, any expensive wired headset you buy, is using bluetooth to gain audio from the PS4. If your headest has a mic, it does vice versa. Pulls your mic input from the controller to the game. This accounts for why sony didn't authorise EVERY bluetooth headset. 

Message 10 of 12 (8,227 Views)
0 Likes