Jul 09 2013
By: GoofyGoode First Son 23 posts

Would it be the end for Xbox if....

10 replies 189 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

Do you think the xbox would be doomed if sony got minecraft and the COD exclusives?

Message 1 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Would it be the end for Xbox if....

Jul 9, 2013

Nope. We should not wish for it to end either. Both companies need competition to keep them in line. All customers of M$ and Sony would suffer without this. The XBONER will be competition for Sony , Despite all their home goals at present.

Message 2 of 11 (177 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13788 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Minecraft...

Microsoft have Halo and Gears of War... I don't particularly think they need Minecraft.

They don't need the exclusive CoD stuff either.

For Microsoft consoles to go away, Gears and Halo have to go away.

I actually DO hope MS go out of the console market though... Nintendo vs Sony would be great.

Two companies who don't force horrible ideas down consumers throats.

Kinect - Always watching you... Enough said.

Message 3 of 11 (171 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Hate me if you want but I just can't get into Minecraft.

I understand why it's popular but just can never get into it. I liked Teraria better  . 

/flameshiled

Message 4 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 9, 2013

lol gears and halo is so dead

Message 5 of 11 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Minecraft...

Microsoft have Halo and Gears of War... I don't particularly think they need Minecraft.

I actually DO hope MS go out of the console market though... Nintendo vs Sony would be great.

You are also forgetting some of the new IP's too. Quantum Break looks spectacular. Oh and when I install my Xbox I will be modding it right away... DUCT TAPE TO THE CAMERA... lol. I like the idea of it listening but do worry that Microsoft are sitting in a room somewhere flicking though feeds of various homes going "HAHAH look at this **bleep**." but I doubt this is happening.

If it was found out that they WERE doing it then it would kill the company stone dead. Just look at the hassle Google are in just from logging wifi details. Getting caught watching people through the Kinect camera would be invasion of privacy. Hmmm wonder if PRISM is going to ask for access under the pretence of Homeland Security issues. "Hey, is that guy saying he is going to shoot all his enemies? QUICK, TO THE BATMOBI... Errrr... QUICK TO THE HUMVEES..." only to find the guy is a COD player just smack talking.

Nah, I'm not worried about the camera... still duct taping it though. Oh and Minecraft on the Xbox... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... It has no mods so is LAME. Minecraft is a PC title and most Minecraft players are on PC and laugh at Xbox players. If your game is mod heavy then it needs to be off consoles. Like Kerbal Space Program. Awesome game but it just wouldn't work on console.

Ultimately, the battle between MS and Sony is good. We don't want a communist console state that say "We are adding a new colour for the new console" and that is the difference between CCS Console 3 and CCS Console 4. Competition pushed companies to impress their customers.

Message 6 of 11 (137 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14927 posts

Re: Would it be the end for Frigidaire if...

Jul 9, 2013

Do you think Frigidaire refrigerators would be doomed if LG got blast chillers and hot water dispensers in all their refrigerators?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 7 of 11 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13788 posts

Jul 9, 2013

EG_NeoMorph wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Minecraft...

You are also forgetting some of the new IP's too. Quantum Break looks spectacular. Oh and when I install my Xbox I will be modding it right away... DUCT TAPE TO THE CAMERA... lol. I like the idea of it listening but do worry that Microsoft are sitting in a room somewhere flicking though feeds of various homes going "HAHAH look at this **bleep**." but I doubt this is happening.

If it was found out that they WERE doing it then it would kill the company stone dead. Just look at the hassle Google are in just from logging wifi details. Getting caught watching people through the Kinect camera would be invasion of privacy. Hmmm wonder if PRISM is going to ask for access under the pretence of Homeland Security issues. "Hey, is that guy saying he is going to shoot all his enemies? QUICK, TO THE BATMOBI... Errrr... QUICK TO THE HUMVEES..." only to find the guy is a COD player just smack talking.

Nah, I'm not worried about the camera... still duct taping it though. Oh and Minecraft on the Xbox... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... It has no mods so is LAME. Minecraft is a PC title and most Minecraft players are on PC and laugh at Xbox players. If your game is mod heavy then it needs to be off consoles. Like Kerbal Space Program. Awesome game but it just wouldn't work on console.

Ultimately, the battle between MS and Sony is good. We don't want a communist console state that say "We are adding a new colour for the new console" and that is the difference between CCS Console 3 and CCS Console 4. Competition pushed companies to impress their customers.

I'm not really interested in Quantum Break at all. Titanfall looked nice...

The camera is a deal breaker for me.  I would have actually got both consoles day one... But now I'm limited to one console.

Do we really want people to support Microsoft and spread the message that an always watching you concept is okay?

That to me goes beyond any gaming and it saddens me to say goodbye to Master Chief after all these years but that's exactly what I must do.

The console market would be better off if Nintendo upped their game and Microsoft just went away. Also possibly throw in a returning Sega, it may be interesting to them to return with one Giant out of the way.

What i wouldn't do for a Sega return... :smileyindifferent: Never happening as long as there are this many giants though.

Message 8 of 11 (114 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I'm not interested in Titanfall tbh. I also don't think a console market without MS would be good. Too many Japanese consoles would end up with JRPGs (which I don't understand most of the time) and those crazy shoot em ups lol. Oh and games like Heavy Rain which is pretty BLAH!... I thought the person who did the evil deed would change so that you had to figure out the ending.... but nope... Same guy every time.

Nintendo are past their sell-by-date to be honest. They are the Nokia of the games industry. Used to be awesome but nothing they can do will attract gamers or even developers.

Message 9 of 11 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13788 posts

Jul 9, 2013

EG_NeoMorph wrote:

I'm not interested in Titanfall tbh. I also don't think a console market without MS would be good. Too many Japanese consoles would end up with JRPGs (which I don't understand most of the time) and those crazy shoot em ups lol. Oh and games like Heavy Rain which is pretty BLAH!... I thought the person who did the evil deed would change so that you had to figure out the ending.... but nope... Same guy every time.

Nintendo are past their sell-by-date to be honest. They are the Nokia of the games industry. Used to be awesome but nothing they can do will attract gamers or even developers.

See... Lol

I actually think Heavy Rain was the best title of this generation by so far that I couldn't even measure it.

Nintendo will be fine and they will eventually start coming back with the Wii-U.

It just has an extremely poor launch line up and hasn't had much coming for it. That's changing within the next year.

Message 10 of 11 (87 Views)
0 Likes