Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

you are so full of it, and has ps3 ever been able to take advantage of full graphics on games?  i can show link you videos showing you that neither 360 or ps3 has took advantage of what the game has been capable of on pc.

I asked if it was better then ps4 not if a certain game could be maxed out.  BC-PC-less money equal more bang and you can upgrade it later.  Not have to buy all new in 5 to 6 years.  Then you also got to hope that all you bang from the last 6 years wasnt wasted?  Will they or will they not make BC,  yes they will but instead of 650 it will cost you 800.  what a ripoff, It should be bc mandatory.

I wouldnt buy either of them products id go even further in and until then ill play ps3 and my pc that i have now.  Im working on my credit card from this last console still.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 208 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7931 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I've never said the PC isn't superior to the PS3/360.  I fully admit that it can be.  Problem is that to have better capabilities on the PC, you need to spend the money on upgraded parts to get there.

The PS3 is going to be superior to an equivalently priced PC ($250).  To have superior graphics, you will need to spend nearly that much on a Video card by itself.  To run a higher quality video card efficiently, you need a quality CPU.  To take advantage of a higher quality CPU, you will need higher quality System RAM.

The PC I posted earlier was an extremely high-end performance system, that will, in fact, be current for at least 8 years (unless there is a giant breakthrough in technology in the next few years).  The second link in your previous post is a pretty good start, but I'd go with at least a Radeon HD 7950, which would cost about $250 more.  I'd also swap out the Sabertooth Mobo for the Crosshair mobo I posted earlier, which would add another $100 or so.  Also, DVD?  Seriously?  Gotta go with Blu-ray at this point, don't you?

So as I stated, you can outperform a PS3 (and likely a PS4) with a PC, but it's going to cost you more like $1,500 to do so.  Will it outpower a PS5?  I'm not so sure.  You'll be talking about your PC being seven or eight years old at that point... but then again...  you built upgradability into your computer right?  Another $150 for a new CPU and another $450 for a new GPU and you'll be golden for at least another couple of years...

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 208 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Im asking if that one thats complete other then the os is better then ps4, i know theres better to buy on there.  If it is indeed better which i know it is.  Then lets see what the ps4 price is and start comparing and all its stats to see if we cant do better in a pc its not that hard to do.  Im curious to the stats of ps4 why hasnt that been released?

No it will not that one is 610 aint it?  i looked at alot of the kits.  theres even cheaper as well.  The stats of the ps4 will be nice to see to really know what kind of price a pc costs in that range.  See how much better or worse you can do at same price of the ps4.  Like i said i paid 650 for a MGS so called BC machine ps3.  Im curious to see how much they planing to rip us off on the ps4?  BC for all past ps systems need to be on this.  Gaikia isnt looking so good is it?

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 208 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2311 posts

Mar 17, 2013
@ Topic:

Personally, I would not pay more for a backwards compatible system. At first I was considering it, if the option were to arise. However, I think I will keep my PS3 , just like I kept my PS2.

I would just hope that at least some support is added to games that have already been purchased via PSN. If not, it wouldn't be a problem as I would still have my PS3.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 208 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7931 posts

Mar 17, 2013

TheDster wrote:

Im asking if that one thats complete other then the os is better then ps4, i know theres better to buy on there.  If it is indeed better which i know it is.  Then lets see what the ps4 price is and start comparing and all its stats to see if we cant do better in a pc its not that hard to do.  Im curious to the stats of ps4 why hasnt that been released?

No it will not that one is 610 aint it?  i looked at alot of the kits.  theres even cheaper as well.  The stats of the ps4 will be nice to see to really know what kind of price a pc costs in that range.  See how much better or worse you can do at same price of the ps4.  Like i said i paid 650 for a MGS so called BC machine ps3.  Im curious to see how much they planing to rip us off on the ps4?  BC for all past ps systems need to be on this.  Gaikia isnt looking so good is it?

As has been discussed ad nauseum, BC on the PS4 is impossible due to the differences in architecture.  You would need a fully functional PS3 inside the PS4 for backward compatibility, because the hardware is not compatible between the two systems.

As for the PS4 - AMD Jaguar 8-core CPU running at 3.2GHz.  AMD Radeon HD 7850-class GPU running at around 150GB/s.  8GB GDDR5 RAM (Shared) running at over 5GB/s.  Basically the performance of a current mid-range to high-end computer.  Capable of 4k video output via HDMI (but we'll have to wait for the TVs that can handle it).

You think your computer can handle a Crysis 3 or a Bioshock Infinite?  systemrequirementslab.com.  And take some screen shots of the pages when they tell you your system is lacking.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 208 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

My PC as of now can handle Wow in full graphics, 4gig ddr3 ram dual processors gts 240 nividia.  Im sure it can handle them games maybe not in full graphics but consoles has never been able to do that either. Ill bet id come closer then both consoles out right now and possibly ps4 to handling full graphic of them games.  I bought this one 5 years ago.

If i had bought my own kit this would of been alot less for me 5 years ago as well but i was dumb.  It did come with dual Gts 240 1k mb something, but i took one out.

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 208 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7931 posts

Mar 17, 2013

TheDster wrote:

My PC as of now can handle Wow in full graphics, 4gig ddr3 ram dual processors gts 240 nividia.  Im sure it can handle them games maybe not in full graphics but consoles has never been able to do that either. Ill bet id come closer then both consoles out right now and possibly ps4 to handling full graphic of them games.  I bought this one 5 years ago.

You'd be surprised what a computer can't handle.

I have a Phenom Quad-core 2.4GHz with dual GeForce 9500GT GPUs (total of 2.2GB of VRAM).  It is only 4 years old.

Bioshock Infinite - FAILED (even at minimum settings)

Crysis 3 - FAILED (even at minimum settings)

Assassin's Creed III - PASSED (barely at minimum settings) / FAILED (at recommended settings)

SimCity - PASSED (barely at recommended settings)

World of Warcraft (up through Mists of Pandaria) - PASSED (apparently this isn't as much of a benchmark as you want it to be)

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 208 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I know it can handle more graphics and has more power then consoles, skyrim was awful on ps3 till they nerfed it half a dozen times.  Delay on the dlc as well.  Computers may not be able to handle top graphics but alot better then consoles, its a fact depending on the gear.  2 plus 2 =4,  ddr3 ps4 3gig?  pc ddr3 8 gig and you got way better.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 208 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

Mar 17, 2013

What exactly are you arguing at this point?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 208 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1085 posts

Mar 17, 2013

The thing most are not saying about the two is the fact that a console does two things good. Play games and movies and sometimes have trobble with some movies from what I hear lately. A top pc is unlimited in functions. It plays decent games, the browser is great, It has unlimited socil functions, apps of any and every nature on it. And so on and so on. Consoles are limited and a pc can be costomized to really do everything. And do it at 100%. There is not a console or handheld that really can.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 208 (134 Views)
0 Likes