Wastelander
654 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

Mar 17, 2013

A benefit of a console over a PC is the titles being developed to run optimally on specific hardware.  For the next 5-6 years (or longer), you can safely assume, with few exceptions, the PS4 will run all games lag-free (graphical lag, that is).  Assuming the PS4 has a similar price to the PS3 (personally, I expect a lower cost), a $600 PC purchased today, will not meet the minimum requirements for mainstream titles for the next 5-6 years.  WoW is not a benchmark game.  WoW is specifically designed to run on minimal hardware.  One of the key marketing points of WoW has always been to make the game available to as wide an audience as possible.  That's a Blizzard thing; notice they did the same with Diablo III.  Crysis has always been a bit extreme with graphics.  How about we settle on something that has good middle-of-the-line graphics, such as Skyrim?  If I purchased a $600 PC 5 years before Skyrim came out, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping to run it smoothly at 720p, even on low graphics.

*Off-topic*

Outside of digital content, or requiring multiple discs per game, the Xbox 360 couldn't run games near the graphics of a PC because of the limited disc space.

Message 101 of 208 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I want to see specs to see what it would cost to actually build a pc better.  Just like my post.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 102 of 208 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Skyrim was aweful on the PS3 because of Cell. Meanwhile it runs great on the 360.

And while I do agree that PC will cost you a lot more money to run games over the course of time, I also can't agree with system requirements slab. According to the them, my laptop cannot run anything. Meanehile it runs everything I have tried just fine at medium settings even though that site says it cannot. I have an ivy bridge i3 with Intel HD4000 graphics and even Skyrim runs good. Not as good as a console but still good enough.
Message 103 of 208 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I love how people think WoW on ultra means their computer is awesome. WoW has crap graphics.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 104 of 208 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013
Try wow, fear, bully, assassins creed1 so far full graphics 11 yr old PC at that. Almost wow on the 11 yr old. On my 5 yr old one all so far but rift.
If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 105 of 208 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Of course you are talking about some very old games though.
Message 106 of 208 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3377 posts

Mar 18, 2013
No. I never bought a next gen system to play old gen games on. Seems pointless to me.
Message 107 of 208 (70 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Mar 18, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Try wow, fear, bully, assassins creed1 so far full graphics 11 yr old PC at that. Almost wow on the 11 yr old. On my 5 yr old one all so far but rift.

Old, old, old, old.

Those games came out a LONG time ago. Who cares if you can get decent graphics in those games?

Message 108 of 208 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 18, 2013

YES----I would be willing to pay more for the system that would play the new & old games.....even though I currently own 2 PS3s and a PS2 system.  I have huge libraries for both systems....I never get rid of games!  The newer systems typically run better/faster....so it would be nice to play some of my current/old favorites on a better system.  Plus, if one of my older systems die.....I don't have to worry about a replacement!

Message 109 of 208 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Yes.
Den
Message 110 of 208 (102 Views)
0 Likes