Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

In the long run, it wouldn't matter to me. I'm very picky about the games I buy and keep playing over time. The only upcoming games I'm really looking forward to is GTA V and BF4, and if their both PS3, then yeah I would like a feature to play those on a higher priced console.

YB

Message 141 of 208 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Mar 19, 2013
But then again, when the last consoles released, they just ported more polished versions of those kinds of games to the new consoles. EA did it on the 360 with their whole 2005 Xbox library. Expect the launch to have more than a few ports with more to follow.
Message 142 of 208 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013
It's getting to confusing for this old boy, does vita even play psp games? Ps2, ps3, ps4, psp, vita, I started to buy a game on psn and noticed its psp. I almost bought it to. Ps1 as well in files.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 143 of 208 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

@BBurgSteve, i took my old ps3 to gamestop and i got $150 bucks for it. Took my old 360 slim and got $300 for it (150 for the console and extra 150 for a double credit special offer they had with trade ins). If by the time the PS4 comes out they try to give me 35-50 bucks for my current ps3 and 360s ill keep them for sure.

EDIT: if you take care of your consoles they give you more money for it. I just proved that right there.

But no, i would not pay more for a BC version of PS4. i still have my PS2 because i wont re-purchase those games i already have. And i use PS1 emulators because i have original PS1 discs but dont have the console.

I do buy the classics that i dont already own, of course. And i wish they added alot more classics that i dont own, lots of jrpg Smiley Happy

-suddenly... life has a new meaning-
Message 144 of 208 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Rojo6934 wrote:

But no, i would not pay more for a BC version of PS4. i still have my PS2 because i wont re-purchase those games i already have. And i use PS1 emulators because i have original PS1 discs but dont have the console.

Everything you said, beyond the first sentence, indicates that you should want a backward-compatible console.

Message 145 of 208 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15050 posts

Mar 20, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Rojo6934 wrote:

Everything you said, beyond the first sentence, indicates that you should want a backward-compatible console.

Why? Can someone explain this fallacious reasoning to me.

What's so bad about corn syrup? It's natural; corn's a fruit and syrup comes from a bush.

Fabulous!
Message 146 of 208 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51119 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Is it really that hard to have more than one console?

You guys are starting to sound like those people who wanted auto-disc changers because they didn't feel like getting up to switch discs.

I do not have the room in my entertainment center to have 2 consoles hooked up at the same time glaciusx25.  That is a large part of my desire for a more expensive, backwards compatable, PS4.  

Message 147 of 208 (66 Views)
PlayStation MVP
51119 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

lol I guess so. I hate clutter! Smiley Very Happy

"Clutter, clutter everywhere!" lol

that was the 2nd part, maybe 20% of my pesronal desire for it.  In addition to not having the physical space to keep 2 systems hooked up at the same time I just don't want the clutter of 2 sets of hardware kicking around (such as controllers and headsets since we know at least the DS3 controller will not work with the PS4"

Hey I get it, having 2 systems is not big deal to some people...but to others it is.  Why give grief to those that want it if they are willing to pay more so those that don't want it don't end up paying for it?

Message 148 of 208 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

lol I guess so. I hate clutter! Smiley Very Happy

"Clutter, clutter everywhere!" lol

that was the 2nd part, maybe 20% of my pesronal desire for it.  In addition to not having the physical space to keep 2 systems hooked up at the same time I just don't want the clutter of 2 sets of hardware kicking around (such as controllers and headsets since we know at least the DS3 controller will not work with the PS4"

Hey I get it, having 2 systems is not big deal to some people...but to others it is.  Why give grief to those that want it if they are willing to pay more so those that don't want it don't end up paying for it?

I agree completly! Smiley Happy

I don’t understand why people attack others for wanting backwards compatibility. Yes, I understand that backwards compatibility is probably impossible with the PS4 but why do people attack those who want it? I am talking about the whole concept about backwards compatibility in general, not just backwards compatibility with the PS4. This happened with the PS3 as well.  Some People asked for PS2 backwards compatibility with the PS3 and others attack them for wanting it, even if they said they would pay for it.  

Even if backwards compatibility on the PS4 is impossible, it does not mean I can't be disappointed about it. Smiley Sad

Message 149 of 208 (60 Views)
MVP Support
12792 posts

Mar 20, 2013
It's less about people wanting it, it's more that
1. People expect it as standard when it really isn't.
2. Somehow having no BC is a "deal breaker" when deciding to buy a console. Even though the purpose of a new console is to buy new games
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 150 of 208 (53 Views)
0 Likes