Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Re: Would you pay more for a PS4 version with backward compatibility?

Mar 16, 2013
I think its a waste of resourses really. If you want to play PS3 games, keep your PS3. I'm more interested in an amazing next generation. I mean what's the point in buying a PS4 if you want to play PS3 games anyway? There are only so many hours in a day. Must be nice to have so much free time that you can juggle two generations let alone make the most out of one.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 208 (129 Views)
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Just get a PC, i just found a place where you can run programs in win 95 compatibility im sure even old games can be ran on newer OS.  You will never have to worry about BC again.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 208 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 16, 2013

TheDster wrote:

Just get a PC, i just found a place where you can run programs in win 95 compatibility im sure even old games can be ran on newer OS.  You will never have to worry about BC again.

I love that PC's are backwards compatible. In fact, I think that they are superior to consoles for that reason. It's just that a lot of games I want to play are on PlayStation. I really wish Sony would offer a backwards compatible SKU. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 208 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I just installed bully, i have all these PC games and never new it lol.  My brother sent them to me but i just set the resolution for it to 1920x1200 so you know its superior and cranked up all graphics.  I know ive never seen this game look this good till now.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 208 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I am not surprised. I would not mind gaming on a PC because I am getting tired of the lack of backwards compatibility with consoles. lol I just want one device that plays all of my old and new games.  I don't want 2 or 3 devices.  I just want one!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 208 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 16, 2013

New system, new games only, for me.

Play games to " RELAX "
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 208 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Mar 16, 2013

YES.  I would easily pay more for a backwards compatible PS3.  Up to $200 more.  My 2007 fat model is on its last legs I think.  It won't last forever, and when it dies, I don't want to have to buy one of the new plasticy units designed by a shower radio enthusiast.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 208 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 16, 2013

ElektroDragon wrote:

YES.  I would easily pay more for a backwards compatible PS3.  Up to $200 more.  My 2007 fat model is on its last legs I think.  It won't last forever, and when it dies, I don't want to have to buy one of the new plasticy units designed by a shower radio enthusiast.

Yeah, that's true! Consoles don't last forever. I already bought a second PS3. If fact, I am not the only one who got the YLOD. Having backwards compatibility ensures that you can still play your older games even if you don't have your old system. Not only that, having one device to play all of your games is better than having 2 or 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 208 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Trivia Buff
13531 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

Yeah, that's true! Consoles don't last forever. I already bought a second PS3. If fact, I am not the only one who got the YLOD. Having backwards compatibility ensures that you can still play your older games even if you don't have your old system. Not only that, having one device to play all of your games is better than having 2 or 3.

Most do. And have you ever owned vinly records or cassete tapes?

I know a spell that will make you show your true form; cave rat taught it to me.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 208 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Mar 16, 2013
But you guys want it even if it might have meant cutting corners someplace else? You guys want this stuff not realizing that these new consoles are sold at a loss. The PS3 didn't start making profit until 2010 and backwards compatability had been removed for a while.

Think of it from a business standpoint as well. Since these machines usually cost hundreds more to manufacture than they sell for, the money has to be made up in software sales. Gonna be gard to turn a profit with a bunch of people running out to Gamestop to buy used PS3 games. There will however eventually be streamable compatability eventually. Be happy you will have that at least.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 208 (179 Views)
0 Likes