Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 4, 2006
Major News Update

49. Dave Meltzer reports in the 11/4 edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Tully Blanchard has already quit the WWE. Blanchard was hired to replace Jimmy Garvin as an agent/producer. Blanchard quit after getting into a heated backstage argument with JBL.

JBL claimed that Blanchard had treated him like crap when he first got into wrestling and referred to Blanchard in a public setting in front of lots of people as a drug addict, cheater, liar, and a hypocrite who used God to make money.

There is talk that Barry Windham, who JBL actually likes, will be offered the job to replace Blanchard.

50. As we all know by now, Big Show will be defending his ECW World Title against five other competitors at the upcoming December To Dismember pay-per-view in an Extreme Elimination Chamber Match. Thus far, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Sabu and CM Punk (he defeats Knox next week) are scheduled to compete in the match. That leaves two spots open, which will likely go to Test and Hardcore Holly.

As reported earlier, The Big Show has been hurting to say the least. He's had to be taken off several weekend house shows in the past few weeks because he's in so much pain these days. When he does compete, its primarily in tag matches so that he doesn't have to do much. Due to the Big Show's lingering injuries, plans are being made for him to lose the title at December To Dismember.

One person you can count out on winning the title is Rob Van Dam. Vince McMahon is adamant about not giving the title to RVD after his recent drug arrest because he feels he can't count on him anymore. Van Dam is said to be in a major funk because he knows he pretty much ended any chances he had of being the top guy with his drug arrest. So with RVD out of the picture, just who will be awarded the title?

Well, the current plan is for Andrew "Test" Martin to win the ECW Championship at the December To Dismember PPV. WWE is well aware that he isn't their ideal option, but McMahon refuses to give it to RVD. With the exception of perhaps Sabu or Hardcore Holly, there's nobody else that could be a viable option at this point. CM Punk isn't ready for the time being, nor do they want to rush him into the role just yet. So well, the title will likely go to Test.

51. Sid Vicious, Luger, Dillon and Ole were interviewed about the WWE releasing "The Four Horsemen" DVD.

52. Jim Ross as of several weeks ago, was working without a contract. He usually works for WWE with a contract, but has mutually opted to work without one. Jerry Lawler has worked without a contract for years.

53. The Condemned, starring Steve Austin, entered post-production on Oct. 19. They completed filming on Sept. 7. Lions Gate Films has picked up the distribution for a April 27, 2007.  movie  release date.

54. The Honky Tonk Man has signed a WWE Legends deal, which should result in an action and probably more in the future. HTM had been holding out for quite some time as he didn't want to sign the rights to his name away. With the signing of HTM, that leaves two past WWE names in which Jakks would like to get a hold off, but are having great difficulty in doing so. Jakks would like to make an action figure on the late Owen Hart, but his widow wants absolutely nothing do with WWE, let alone pro wrestling. Also, Jakks wants to make a deal with " Macho Man" Randy Savage, but for some reason, WWE won't allow them to sign him as they want absolutely nothing to do with him

55. Eric Bischoff has posted a new blog on his official website in which he talks about his book making the The New York Times bestseller list.

56. The Montreal Canadians website features an interview with former WWE champion Edge.

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-03-2006 09:02 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17140 posts

Nov 4, 2006

TrueGamerCt wrote:

The One wrote:
The WWE had a chance to make the new ECW something really special... It's too bad that they screwed it up.

WWE didn`t screw it up.. It`s the people they have on the show that screws it up, and their 1 hour time slot they get to use every tuesday its not enough to put all their stars on so they have 3 or 4 dark matches which turn out to be good, but can`t be seeing on tv. RVD messes up alot in ecw and Sabu as well, and big show just moves to slow, and now Khali i mean damn who he going to face in the ring? he couldn`t face alot of smackdown stars, because he didn`t know how to work a match..so he can only fan taker, who would try to teach him to get out of that green area, but its goin to be alot of khali vs bigshow matches now watch...

The two-hour time slot has to be earned and ECW has the talent. Their problem is bad booking and story-lines on the part of WWE Creative.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 4, 2006

The One wrote:

TrueGamerCt wrote:

The One wrote:
The WWE had a chance to make the new ECW something really special... It's too bad that they screwed it up.

WWE didn`t screw it up.. It`s the people they have on the show that screws it up, and their 1 hour time slot they get to use every tuesday its not enough to put all their stars on so they have 3 or 4 dark matches which turn out to be good, but can`t be seeing on tv. RVD messes up alot in ecw and Sabu as well, and big show just moves to slow, and now Khali i mean damn who he going to face in the ring? he couldn`t face alot of smackdown stars, because he didn`t know how to work a match..so he can only fan taker, who would try to teach him to get out of that green area, but its goin to be alot of khali vs bigshow matches now watch...

The two-hour time slot has to be earned and ECW has the talent. Their problem is bad booking and story-lines on the part of WWE Creative.

It would make sense to have a two-hour time slot.  I think that if they just do stuff more like the old ecw, then it'll turn out good for them.  In my mind, there is also another way, but it would never happen. You could have half of the 1 hour show just be with Sabu, or another extremely talented, crowd-pleasing wrestler.  This is not supposed to be a statement that sounds like Sabu is the best, but Sabu would increase the ratings since all of his matches are sweet.  I know that wouldn't happen for many reasons, but that was a sweet idea I came up with while watching ecw on the 31st at my friend's house.  Sorry for the huge post, lol. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 4, 2006
SOMEWHAT BIG NEWS UPDATE

57. Over at Jim Ross’s website, his webmaster has updated the blog section to address the online reports that JR’s contract expired and that he worked last Monday’s WWE RAW without being contracted to WWE. The following is the statement which the webmaster wrote: Many websites are reporting that J.R. is working without a contract with his present employer which is not true.

58. John Cena’s movie “The Marine” is scheduled to be released on DVD on February 13th, 2007

59. The Sci Fi channel will be airing a one hour special of “The Best Of ECW” on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 at 10 PM.

60. It has been reported by a number of people that we have signed a deal with Jakks Pacific to have them create a Honky Tonk Man action figure for their Classic Superstars line. Others have reported that the Honky Tonk Man has signed a WWE “Legends” deal. To answer the question, has the Honky Tonk Man signed a WWE Legends contract? The answer is absolutely NOT. The HTM has not signed any deal with the WWE. And to answer the question, has the Honky Tonk Man signed a deal with Jakks Pacific to have a toy created. The answer is yes. This week the Honky Tonk Man signed a contract with Jakks to create a Classic Superstars action figure(s). This deal is strictly between Jakks Pacific and the Honky Tonk Man.

61. The following is the final card for WWE Cyber Sunday pay-per-view: Champion Of Champions Match WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship or ECW World Championship John Cena vs. King Booker vs. Big Show

DX vs. Edge & Randy Orton Eric Bischoff, Jonathan Coachman or Mr. McMahon to referee the match.

Intercontinental Championship Match Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro or Carlito or Shelton Benjamin

World Tag Team Championship Match Spirit Squad vs. Ric Flair & Sgt. Slaughter or “Rowdy” Roddy Piper or Dusty Rhodes

Umaga vs. Chris Benoit or The Sandman or Kane

Women's Championship Tournament Final No Disqualification or Diva Lumberjacks or Submission Match Lita vs. Mickie James

Fatal Four Way or Tag Team Turmoil or Texas Tornado Match Cryme Tyme vs. the Highlanders vs. Charlie Haas & Viscera vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-04-2006 12:33 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1372 posts

Nov 5, 2006
Thanks for the news update, once again
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 5, 2006
If it's the best of ecw, it should be 2 hrs.  Will it feature the old ecw?  Thanks for the news, great thread. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3392 posts

Nov 5, 2006
I support this thread. I cant post much since i have school and i am busy alot. Good job.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 5, 2006
BIG NEWS UPDATE

62. Interesting, it seems like TNA's official website was hacked, In the Gail Kim section was a DX image, not to mention photos of Gail that were taken in Japan in between her WWE and TNA stints in 2005

63. Anyways, there are reports about TNA wanting Trish Stratus who recently retired from WWE to be part of TNA, but due to her loyalty to WWE, that probably wont happen.

64. The plan right now is to keep the combined Smackdown/ECW house shows going until at least WrestleMania time.

65. There is a new "Five Questions" with John Cena up at WWE.com.

66. A new Power 25 is up on WWE.com. Rounding out the top five this week includes John Cena at No. 1, Big Show at No. 2, King Booker at No. 3, Umaga at No. 4 and Batista at No. 5.

67. There is also a new edition of WWE Heat up on WWE.com. On the show this week is highlights from Taboo Tuesday (now Cyber Sunday) from the last two years.

68. The Sci-Fi Channel will be airing a 1-hour special called "The Best Of ECW" on Tuesday, December 26th, 2006 at 10 PM. Its probably gonna be all about the best moments(if there were) of the NEW ECW.

69. SmackDown on CW continues go up in the ratings as last night's show did a 2.9 fast national rating, with a 5.0 share. The show opened with a 2.7 first hour, then finished with a 3.1 rating. That put CW in fourth place for the night as they beat out Fox.

70. The Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology DVD debuted at number one on Billboard's Recreational Sports sales chart for the week of 11/11.

71.  Lilian Garcia has posted a new blog on her official website, LilianGarcia.com. She pretty much talks about her music career and what she's been doing outside of WWE.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 5, 2006
It seems like tna will snag up anyone, mainly girls, but they don't do anything w/ them.  I think I'd like it more if they actually had a women's division.  Thanks for the news anyway. 

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1710 posts

Nov 5, 2006
Yeah, TNA goes after anyone from the WWE...
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 6,809 (395 Views)
0 Likes