Wastelander
952 posts

Re: WWE News Thread

Nov 8, 2006

Simpsons_Fan wrote:

Basil Zero wrote:
Small News Update

100. For some reason, the recently released Psicosis was unaware that he was being fired for quite some time. Although, work was being done in that direction as far as having a decision being made and paperwork being worked on to send him a notice a few weeks ago, so that's probably why he wasn't unaware. Nonetheless, as recently as a week ago, he was telling friends that he thought he was in big trouble, but that he was still with the company. WWE finally made the official announcement on the company website just last week, so he should have been informed by now.

THATS 100 HEADLINES!!!!

Now for the next 100!!! LOL

I look forward to the next 100...

Maybe that's why there are problems in wwe, a lack of communication?  I just think that's funny, and the next 100 will be cool too.  I think this is the best place to go for wrestling news, the only upgrade would be to have a source on each maybe. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 50 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 8, 2006
SEMI BIG NEWS

101. As reported earlier, Britney Spears has filed for divorce from Kevin Federline. Several gossip sites are reporting that Spears left Federline days ago after he snapped into a rage, screaming at Spears and destroying property. The reason for the outburst was apparently because Spears laughed at a tape of Federline's WWE appearances. The news seems to work out well for WWE since Federline will get a lot of publicity from this and is scheduled to continue working with WWE, including a match against John Cena on the 01/01/07 RAW.

102. Tonight, Paul Heyman will make huge announcements regarding the Extreme Elimination Chamber Match and the ECW on Sci Fi main event.

103. There has been some reports saying that Bobby Lashley will be coming to ECW(be part of the roster) since he does not like what WWE is doing with his storyline.

104. John Cena's "The Marine" is up to a domestic total of $17,017,379.

105. Happy birthday to former WCW and WWF announcer Tony Schiavone.

106. Candice Michelle nearly broke her foot during a photo shoot for Muscle Mag International Magazine. While on a beach, a wave came in and knocked Michelle into a rock. Thats gotta hurt.

107. The following information was released by the CW Network yesterday:

THE CW'S "FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN" CLIMBS TO NEW SEASON HIGHS IN KEY DEMOS

The CW Wins Second Night of Nov. Sweep in Men 18-34 and Teens, Ties for Second with Men 18-49

"SmackDown" Posts Double-Digit Improvement Over Year Ago Performance

November 6, 2006 (Burbank, CA) - On night two of the Nov. Sweep, "Friday Night SmackDown" continues to climb, reaching new season highs in the target demos of adults 18-34 (1.7/6), men 18-34 (2.1/8) and adults 18-49 (1.6/5), according to Live Plus Same Day Nielsen ratings for Nov. 3.

The CW won the second night of the Nov. Sweep among men 18-34 and teens (2.4/10), while ranking second among men 18-49 (2.0/7-tie).

"Friday Night SmackDown" scored double-digit gains over its performance a year ago on UPN (11/4/05), including 21% in adults 18-34, 24% in men 18-34, 33% in adults 18-49, 18% in men 18-49 (2.0/7), 33% in teens and 18% in viewers (4.6mil).

"Friday Night SmackDown" is also a double- and triple-digit improvement over the WB's Friday last year by 31% in adults 18-34, 163% in men 18-34, 33% in adults 18-49, 150% in men 18-49, 140% in teens and 65% in viewers.

108. At Survivor Series, WWE fans will see a reunion, an extreme first and an inter-brand showdown all in the same match when a team co-captained by D-Generation X meets a team co-captained by Edge & Randy Orton in a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Elimination Match.

The two teams of co-captains have been at each other’s throats for weeks, with Edge & Orton trying to end DX’s reign of terror on RAW. They were successful at Cyber Sunday thanks to special referee Eric Bischoff, but Shawn Michaels & Triple H responded by costing them the World Tag Team Championship the next night on RAW. Now, at Survivor Series, the two teams will add three partners and do battle in a Classic Survivor Series Match.

Both quintets will be made up of Superstars from all three brands. Along with HBK and The Game, Team DX will be made up of RAW’s Jeff Hardy, SmackDown’s Matt Hardy and ECW Extremist CM Punk; meanwhile, Edge & Orton’s squad will be rounded out by Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro, Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms and ECW’s Mike Knox.

--------------------------------------

I see some people are questioning my resources, well, i promise you, my resources(or should i say my resource) is quite reliable, and trustworthy, never been wrong with their announcements unless there were some quick changes by WWE/TNA. I cant tell you the site where i get my info from, but its a quite common site, in which you can easily find in Google. Because if i told you, than this topic would be pointless, besides, the site has way TOO MANY pop-ups, so its simpler to look for the info, if i post it here.

anyways, here's a response from the site, that i copied below each of the headlines, and yes i get ALL my info from one site.

************.com is not responsible for any content outside of our site.

I suppose that pretty much sums it up, since they get their info almost directly from WWE.

Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-07-2006 06:44 PM
Message 51 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Nov 8, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:
SEMI BIG NEWS

101. As reported earlier, Britney Spears has filed for divorce from Kevin Federline. Several gossip sites are reporting that Spears left Federline days ago after he snapped into a rage, screaming at Spears and destroying property. The reason for the outburst was apparently because Spears laughed at a tape of Federline's WWE appearances. The news seems to work out well for WWE since Federline will get a lot of publicity from this and is scheduled to continue working with WWE, including a match against John Cena on the 01/01/07 RAW.

106. Candice Michelle nearly broke her foot during a photo shoot for Muscle Mag International Magazine. While on a beach, a wave came in and knocked Michelle into a rock. Thats gotta hurt.

HEY!!! I said that in a post a while ago!!!
Message 52 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 8, 2006

2_Damn_Dangerous wrote:

Basil Zero wrote:
SEMI BIG NEWS

HEY!!! I said that in a post a while ago!!!

ya, i know, i read it, but also found it on the site that i go for news

its stupid that their getting divorced over what happened in WWE....
Message 53 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 8, 2006

2_Damn_Dangerous wrote:
yeah i know. what's wrong with britney? she had the worst marriages in history!
i go to gerweck.net for my wrestling news. where do you go?

Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-07-2006 10:06 PM

like i said, "Cough" its our little secret "Cough"

actually its quite easy to find in Google lol
Message 54 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Nov 8, 2006
yeah i know. what's wrong with britney? she had the worst marriages in history!
i go to *****.net for my wrestling news. where do you go?

Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-07-2006 10:06 PM

Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-07-2006 10:47 PM
Message 55 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4794 posts

Nov 8, 2006

Basil Zero wrote:
108 Both quintets will be made up of Superstars from all three brands. Along with HBK and The Game, Team DX will be made up of RAW’s Jeff Hardy, SmackDown’s Matt Hardy and ECW Extremist CM Punk; meanwhile, Edge & Orton’s squad will be rounded out by Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro, Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms and ECW’s Mike Knox.

that looks like its gonna be a crazy match, so many different styles of wrestling in their

CM Punk and HBK vs Orton and Edge in the finals, that would be great
Message 56 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 8, 2006
NEWS UPDATE!!! (New Match Announced for Survivor Series)

109. RAW, SmackDown and ECW will collide in the second inter-promotional Traditional Survivor Series Elimination match of the annual November spectacular. Team Cena, led by the WWE Champion will square off with Team Big Show, led by the ECW Champion in a match combining some of sports-entertainments hottest rivalries.

John Cena and Big Show have unfinished business dating back to the Champion of Champions match at Cyber Sunday. Both men were unsuccessful on that night, falling short to King Booker. The distaste between the two has only grown since. At Survivor Series, the two dominant Champions will look to add another chapter to their budding rivalry.

Cena’s team will include ECW’s Rob Van Dam and Sabu and SmackDown powerhouses Lashley and Kane. Van Dam and Sabu have an extensive history as a team, as well as extensive rivalries with Big Show. Both will continue to grow on the road to the Extreme Elimination Chamber at December to Dismember. Survivor Series will provide another opportunity for them to soften up the ECW Champion before the gruesome holiday pay-per-view.

The extreme giant will anchor a team that includes RAW’s Samoan Bulldozer Umaga, SmackDown’s Finlay and Montel Vontavious Porter and ECW’s wrecking ball Test.

110. World Wrestling Entertainment will be returning to Germany and Austria in April of 2007. Four events have been announced for Germany, while only one event has been announced for Austria.

Photos of Raw stars in the U.K. are up at WWE.com.

Photos of Smackdown stars in Germany are up at WWE.com as well.

Umaga and Montel Vontavious Porter have been engaged in separate but equally intense rivalries with the Big Red Machine Kane. Umaga has had Kane’s number so far, scoring consecutive victories including decisive wins in a Loser Leaves RAW match in September, and a recent run-in at Cyber Sunday. Kane has been taking out his frustrations at his new home on SmackDown, where he has repeatedly battered the **bleep**y M.V.P. At Survivor Series, the rivalries will continue.

Finlay and Lashley will collide again at Survivor Series. The hatred between the angry Irishman and the hard hitting Lashley has spanned the better part of this calendar year, with countless battles unfolding at SmackDown arenas all over the world.

111. There is an article up on WWE.com about Matt and Jeff Hardy tagging for the first time at the Survivor Series PPV this month since August of 2002.

112. In addition to SummerSlam being moved out of Madison Square Garden, there were some other changes made to the 2007 WWE PPV schedule. Cyber Sunday, which may or may not have that name by this time next year, was originally scheduled for 11/04/07 but it will now be taking place on 10/28/07. Also, it will now be taking place in Washington DC at the Verizon Center. DC is also scheduled to host the Great American Bash. In addition to that, a PPV is scheduled to take place on 11/18/07 in Miami - one week before the Survivor Series in Montreal. WWE is trying to avoid a revenue decline next year in case international doesn't continue to increase, essentially by running more PPV events. No word on when SummerSlam tix go on sale.

113. Some heat still lingers between Melina and Mickie James because James was rubbing things in to her because she got to over in their match on RAW on 10/23. After she pinned Melina, Mickie taunted her by mocking the pose Melina would do in the center of the ring during her time with MNM. These two have a past of disliking each other that dates back to their time in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

114. Raw on Monday night scored a 3.7 cable rating, with a six share or 4.7 million viewers. The show posted quarter hourly ratings of 3.8, 3.4, 3.7, 3.7, 4.1, 3.8, 3.5, 3.7, and 4.0.

115. As reported earlier, Britney Spears has filed for divorce from Kevin Federline. Several gossip sites are reporting that Spears left Federline days ago after he snapped into a rage, screaming at Spears and destroying property. The reason for the outburst was apparently because Spears laughed at a tape of Federline's WWE appearances. The news seems to work out well for WWE since Federline will get a lot of publicity from this and is scheduled to continue working with WWE, including a match against John Cena on the 01/01/07 RAW.  I guess controversy makes cash just like Eric Bischoff said.....

Message 57 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Nov 9, 2006
Lol, controversy does create cash, sweet.  Great news update. 
My site- www.finalburn.blogspot.com & dwizle13.wordpress.com 500th post on 08-31-2006 02:53 PM

Message 58 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Nov 9, 2006
its so auesome
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 59 of 6,809 (390 Views)
0 Likes