Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2013
By: Rad_Vlad Lombax Warrior 125 posts

Xbox One EPIC FAIL

34 replies 4227 views Edited May 22, 2013

Dear Sony,

In the space of a single day, you just won the next-generation console wars, without lifting a finger. 

Congratulations,

-Microsoft.

The 360 did very well in the states this generation, but Sony will absolutely dominate the next.  How?  By simply not doing all of the insensitive and insulting things Microsoft is trying to shove down our throats.  MS just screwed up big time with their Xbox One, and they will pay for it.  Or more accurately, we will NOT pay for it.

An open letter from me to Microsoft,

Dear MS,

Screw you for forcing me to use the stupid kinect sensor 24/7.  You want to bundle it with the console?  Fine, at least give me a way to turn it off; I don't like motion gaming.

Screw you for prohibiting me from sharing a game with my brother.  We aren't trying to pirate software, you a-holes; we are just sharing copies we ALREADY OWN with one another.  You say you wont allow it?  FIne, I won't allow an Xbox One in my household.

Screw you for making your gaming console about everything EXCEPT games.  I would have thought you guys will have learned this lesson by now.  Other companies do some things better than you, so why not be best at what you do, instead of just mimicking them? How many Bing searches have you used today?  Is it ZERO?  How many songs have you listened to on your Zune today?  Is it ZERO?

Screw you Microsoft, for forcing me to use stupid "cloud-powered" always-on DRM.  I think we can all see where you want to take this.  You want us all to pay for XBLA gold subscription to play the games we ALREADY BOUGHT.  All you have to do is force digital downloads (or force HDD installs of all games) then require an online XBLA gold membership to play.  Too clever by half, how about I go to one of your competitors who isn't trying to surreptitiously ease me into a subscription-based, pay-to-play business model instead.

Finally, screw you MS, for treating me this way.  You want to move your business to the housewives and casual gamers like Nintendo did?  FIne.  Wii sales sure looked good!  But how is that Wii U doing?  Poorly, you say?  Is that because housewives and casual gamers aren't repeat customers?  Who could have told you that?  Oh yeah, you core CUSTOMER BASE, when we said we wanted a gaming console, not a family-home-entertainment-hub-whatever.

Sony, just don't follow MS down this path, and you have already won with PS4.

Message 1 of 35 (4,227 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Xbox One EPIC FAIL

May 22, 2013

It's still way to early to tell, Wait till after e3 or a year to decide who does well.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 2 of 35 (4,221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3083 posts

May 22, 2013

Rad_Vlad wrote:

Dear Sony,

In the space of a single day, you just won the next-generation console wars, without lifting a finger. 

Congratulations,

-Microsoft.

The 360 did very well in the states this generation, but Sony will absolutely dominate the next.  How?  By simply not doing all of the insensitive and insulting things Microsoft is trying to shove down our throats.  MS just screwed up big time with their Xbox One, and they will pay for it.  Or more accurately, we will NOT pay for it.

Dear MS,

Screw you for forcing me to use the stupid kinect sensor 24/7.  You want to bundle it with the console?  Fine, at least give me a way to turn it off; I don't like motion gaming.

Screw you for prohibiting me from sharing a game with my brother.  We aren't trying to pirate software, you a-holes; we are just sharing copies we ALREADY OWN with one another.  You say you wont allow it?  FIne, I won't allow an Xbox One in my household.

Screw you for making your gaming console about everything EXCEPT games.  I would have thought you guys will have learned this lesson by now.  Other companies do some things better than you, so why not be best at what you do, instead of just mimicking them? How many Bing searches have you used today?  Is it ZERO?  How many songs have you listened to on your Zune today?  Is it ZERO?

Screw you Microsoft, for forcing me to use stupid "cloud-powered" always-on DRM.  I think we can all see where you want to take this.  You want us all to pay for XBLA gold subscription to play the games we ALREADY BOUGHT.  All you have to do is force digital downloads (or force HDD installs of all games) then require an online XBLA gold membership to play.  Too clever by half, how about I go to one of your competitors who isn't trying to surreptitiously ease me into a subscription-based, pay-to-play business model instead.

Finally, screw you MS, for treating me this way.  You want to move your business to the housewives and casual gamers like Nintendo did?  FIne.  Wii sales sure looked good!  But how is that Wii U doing?  Poorly, you say?  Is that because housewives and casual gamers aren't repeat customers?  Who could have told you that?  Oh yeah, you core CUSTOMER BASE, when we said we wanted a gaming console, not a family-home-entertainment-hub-whatever.

The Wii U is selling poorly due to lack of advertising and quality exclusives. Otherwise, good post.

Twitter: @k_bro1|Nintendo Network ID: LordOfCourage
Message 3 of 35 (4,199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

May 22, 2013

I wanted both, but Microsoft just stopped me from doing that. I refuse to buy a console for a couple games I like that has these kinds of restrictions.

Message 4 of 35 (4,198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 22, 2013
Sony, all you need to do is to hear your customer on this one, keep online free and do not block used games (I know you already said that) bt dont ask a customer to purchase a code to be able to play an used game (i dont like buying used games, i rather wait until the price comes down, but i know a lot of people do buy used games) bt what i do is take my game to a friends house or borrow a game to/from a friend, i know sony probably thinks that publishers will draw their support if they dont go the ms way bt customer will support you if you do the right thing for us sony, publishers wanna be on the console that sells the most and yours will if you are our side, and as soon as they see the sales figures they will go back to you, let them put an online pass at the most bt dont make us buy a code to play an used game nor make the ps4 require an internet connection as you said you would, all you need to do is hear your customers and you will win this console war sony, this generation is your generation just dont screw us up like ms is doing, and i know im not alone on this one, just go on fb, twitter, game website kotaku, cvg, eurogamer and such, almost everyone is going with the ps4 as long as you do not do this, even xbox fans are saying they are on your side sony, just do your research and you'll see, I dont know if any sony reps will read this bt I do hope they do as I think im not speaking only for myself if not for every gamer who buys used games or just love the simplicity to play a game they buy at their friends house without the need to buy or log in to their acct in order to play, or borrow a game for weeks for that matter, just go with us sony, be pro-customer and not pro-publisher and the customers will follow you. Thanks
Message 5 of 35 (4,167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 22, 2013
Ok why r we saying one is better they both haven't went to e3 yet. We don't know enough to judge. I'm upset Sony is focusing on online play. Online play is the worst feature I hate it.
Message 6 of 35 (4,151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 22, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Rad_Vlad wrote:

Dear Sony,

Congratulations,

-Microsoft.

Dear MS,

The Wii U is selling poorly due to lack of advertising and quality exclusives. Otherwise, good post.

You make a good point, KBro, but I think there's more to it than just marketing.  The Nintendo Wii sales spreadsheets look incredible.  Every pudgy little housewife in America ran out and bought a Wii and Wii Fit board and used it for two weeks.  Sure, she will buy the occasional Mario Kart game on Christmas for her kids, but is she a repeat customer?  No.  Is she going to stand in line 24 hours for a new console or game release? No.  Will she buy the next gen consoles? No.

You know who will?  Core gamers.  That's why the Wii U sales suck.  We all know about the Wii U, we just don't see any compelling reason to go buy one.  And neither does the one-sale housewife. (Nothing against housewives, I'm just using a metaphor).

So if MS wants to try to copy yet another company, and thinks pulling one over on gamers is the next great idea, well, I'm just saying they are making a huge mistake.

Message 7 of 35 (4,141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8465 posts

May 22, 2013

mooserocka wrote:
Ok why r we saying one is better they both haven't went to e3 yet. We don't know enough to judge. I'm upset Sony is focusing on online play. Online play is the worst feature I hate it.

Actually, the PS4 will have SOCIAL-centric features which are completely optional.  Gaming on the PS4 will be no different than it has ever been on Playstation consoles.  Some games will have multiplayer features, some will not.  Those that are single player will have the OPTION to share your gaming experience with others through the OPTIONAL social channels that the PS4 has available to it.

The one feature I'm totally looking forward to on the PS4 is the ability to record gameplay (so long as you can export the videos to an external HDD and burn to a DVD or Blu-ray), even if I don't plan on sharing it with anyone else.  There have been games in the past (Uncharted, God of War, etc) which I would have LOVED to have an option to record so I could sit back and just enjoy it later, rather than be concerned with simply staying alive.

You will be able to play games on your PS4 without having to connect to the PSN, just like you can already do with the PS3.  It is the XBO that appears to be heading toward an Online-only experience this generation.

Message 8 of 35 (4,130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3421 posts

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

mooserocka wrote:

Actually, the PS4 will have SOCIAL-centric features which are completely optional.  Gaming on the PS4 will be no different than it has ever been on Playstation consoles.  Some games will have multiplayer features, some will not.  Those that are single player will have the OPTION to share your gaming experience with others through the OPTIONAL social channels that the PS4 has available to it.

The one feature I'm totally looking forward to on the PS4 is the ability to record gameplay (so long as you can export the videos to an external HDD and burn to a DVD or Blu-ray), even if I don't plan on sharing it with anyone else.  There have been games in the past (Uncharted, God of War, etc) which I would have LOVED to have an option to record so I could sit back and just enjoy it later, rather than be concerned with simply staying alive.

You will be able to play games on your PS4 without having to connect to the PSN, just like you can already do with the PS3.  It is the XBO that appears to be heading toward an Online-only experience this generation.

Actually you can record and share game play through some games. But i'm sure you have a way to record game play in your home right now.. a vcr will do it, a dvd recorder, a computer with a capture card, a video camera, and some android phones.

i'm sure you have at least 1 of those....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 9 of 35 (3,919 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

May 22, 2013

Its up to Sony now.. Will they do right where Microsoft has done wrong? I guess E3 will tell.

Message 10 of 35 (3,904 Views)
0 Likes