Gaming Beast
2565 posts

Re: YLOD REPAIR GUIDE (NEW)

Apr 3, 2009
I know that when you send it out to have it professionally done they use a BGA rework station to do it.
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 3, 2009
O F(_)CKING DEAR, I'm really pissed off with my m8.  U see i gave him all the information and let him do, hes taken my ps3 apart before so I didn't care:smileytongue:.  But I found out the next day that he actually used a 600C heat gun, and he still cooked it for longer:smileysurprised:, his excuse was he was waiting for something to happen:smileymad:, F(_)CKING LOL:smileyvery-happy:.  Now when it would normally start, fan would spin then it would beep and the yellow light would appear, now the yellow light just appears and it beeps, no starting up.  I think I have deffinetally cooked my ps3, do you reckon I should put chilly or paprika seasoning on it?:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Apr 3, 2009

GearZone3 wrote:

Im not touchng that:smileyindifferent:

Computer and My two virus programs say not to

Yeah sure, first of all, virus in .pdf lol?
secondly, there is no virus, why spread lies? 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 3, 2009

About 1 second if you fry the board  which you proberly will do if you all use a heat gun lol your do more damge than good .... heat guns are a bodge you need to reflow the joints correctly using proper equipment ....yeah yeah to all those who are now going to pipe up saying what do i know... well more than you ;0)

ylod can have more than one reason for failure motherboard , hard drive , power supply oh yes and something else thats not been talked about in this or anyother forum but your have to repair a few 100 before finding out :smileywink:  so please use the heat gun then send them to us for a proper repair ;0)

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7509 posts

Apr 3, 2009

ItchyM wrote:

About 1 second if you fry the board  which you proberly will do if you all use a heat gun lol your do more damge than good .... heat guns are a bodge you need to reflow the joints correctly using proper equipment ....yeah yeah to all those who are now going to pipe up saying what do i know... well more than you ;0)

ylod can have more than one reason for failure motherboard , hard drive , power supply oh yes and something else thats not been talked about in this or anyother forum but your have to repair a few 100 before finding out :smileywink:  so please use the heat gun then send them to us for a proper repair ;0)

I used a heat gun about 2 months ago and my PS3 is still running strong.  If done properly, there is nothing wrong with using this method.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1355 posts

Apr 3, 2009

That makes no sense at all, why would you take a heat gun to your ps3 motherboard?  i guess if it doesnt work you can just pay 150 to have it repaired if there is anything left to repair after you rip into your system.

It only does everything firmware updates
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7509 posts

Apr 3, 2009

VOoDOoM wrote:

That makes no sense at all, why would you take a heat gun to your ps3 motherboard?  i guess if it doesnt work you can just pay 150 to have it repaired if there is anything left to repair after you rip into your system.

It makes perfect sense if you have a little bit of an understanding how this stuff works.

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 3, 2009
i might've had tried this if it wouldve been posted sooner but thanks hopefully it helps people with it. It can also be the PSU from what ive read.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1355 posts

Apr 3, 2009

<-- Computer Engineer

I would never do this to my PS3, I also question the validity of the OP since random download links to this "guide" have been posted on many different threads with different user IDs appearing to belong to the same person.

It only does everything firmware updates
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Apr 4, 2009

<-- Computer Engineer

I would never do this to my PS3, I also question the validity of the OP since random download links to this "guide" have been posted on many different threads with different user IDs appearing to belong to the same person.

hello 

i personally have only posted my guide here and on ps3hacks

all those other guides have been hosted and posted by people who have repaired their ps3's using my guide!!!!

its the only thing i ask in return for the free download and personal email support no catches is ( spread the word!)

the reason why there are so many copies of this thing floating around is because IT WORKS!

thankyou to all who do as i ask! lets help people help themselves!

gilksy aka colin

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 353 (945 Views)
0 Likes