Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Re: YLOD REPAIR GUIDE (NEW)

Aug 26, 2009

steady6 wrote:

Guys, please don’t try this.  It works but is not worth going all that trouble just for 3-4 hours of game play… then you will get the YLOD  again. It works don’t get me wrong but for couple of hours or even days . Just send it to SONY  if you really want to play for a long time….

Why did you try it?

Did it only last for a few hours or days for you?

Mines been working awesome, for a month now.

Message 100 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Aug 26, 2009

easedel wrote:

steady6 wrote:

Guys, please don’t try this.  It works but is not worth going all that trouble just for 3-4 hours of game play… then you will get the YLOD  again. It works don’t get me wrong but for couple of hours or even days . Just send it to SONY  if you really want to play for a long time….

All sony does is take parts that havent failed yet from other systems that were sent in and combines them. The chances of you getting it again are high also

what makes you say that????  Sony knows about this problem so they put  better parts for it wont happend again. ... You still have 90 days of warranty... You could play the living **** out of it.  just to test it. Before the 90days warranty ends and if it lasts you... you a winning. 

Message 101 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Recon-X wrote:

steady6 wrote:

Why did you try it?

yes, i tried and trust me i did everything right, even better... it last me 3-4 hours only. Then the YLOD came out. I seen other people in other forums last them for 2 weeks then it die again.So what I'm trying to say... Is not a permanent fix. It's only a fix to remove your disc if is stuck or to send messages to your love ones or friends that you be offline for a long time...

Message 102 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Aug 26, 2009

steady6 wrote:

easedel wrote:

steady6 wrote:

All sony does is take parts that havent failed yet from other systems that were sent in and combines them. The chances of you getting it again are high also

what makes you say that????  Sony knows about this problem so they put  better parts for it wont happend again. ... You still have 90 days of warranty... You could play the living **** out of it.  just to test it. Before the 90days warranty ends and if it lasts you... you a winning. 

Its takes well over a year before MOST people have troubles.

This fix works, i am living proof and i am prepared to backup the OP in any way possible.

I will provide pics, text, images, whatever you want.

DO not bash the OP with your nonsense.

People have had alot of sucess sending their ps3's to third party repair, what do you tihk those guys do?

They dont do anything diffrent for cases of YLOD, they just do it for you.

Message 103 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 26, 2009

steady6 wrote:

easedel wrote:

steady6 wrote:

From experience. My refurb they sent YLOD in 3 hours after getting it back.
Nothing like having to pay $150 to fix a manufacture defect, wait 10 days for shipping, get it back, YLOD 3 hours later, have to wait another 10 days.

Oh, according to the sony reps I talked to, there is not a problem. It is user error.

Message 104 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Aug 26, 2009

steady6 wrote:

Recon-X wrote:

steady6 wrote:

Why did you try it?

yes, i tried and trust me i did everything right, even better... it last me 3-4 hours only. Then the YLOD came out. I seen other people in other forums last them for 2 weeks then it die again.So what I'm trying to say... Is not a permanent fix. It's only a fix to remove your disc if is stuck or to send messages to your love ones or friends that you be offline for a long time...

How do you know you did it correctly?

Are you so arrogant to think that you masterfully fixed your ps3?

I know one other person whos ps3 failed after they did this fix, and after emails back and forth with this person, it was resolved.

Sounds like you did it incorrectly if you ask me.

as for me, my ps3 is working better then the day i bought it (fan is quieter then the day i unboxed it)

but in any case, do what you see fit.

Message 105 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Aug 26, 2009

steady6 wrote:

Utter crap.

Dickie von Lutman
Message 106 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Aug 26, 2009

Recon-X wrote:

steady6 wrote:

Recon-X wrote:

steady6 wrote:

Why did you try it?

How do you know you did it correctly?

Are you so arrogant to think that you masterfully fixed your ps3?

I know one other person whos ps3 failed after they did this fix, and after emails back and forth with this person, it was resolved.

Sounds like you did it incorrectly if you ask me.

as for me, my ps3 is working better then the day i bought it (fan is quieter then the day i unboxed it)

but in any case, do what you see fit.

dude! it's not that hard to follow the instructions. People done it 3-4 times and they still get the YLOD. Just wait for yours to come out. i could feel the YLOD light popping out from your ps3.

Message 107 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Aug 26, 2009

...and tons of people have done the fix and experienced long term success.

So flitter off little June Bug.

Dickie von Lutman
Message 108 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Aug 26, 2009
he's just bitter because he's **bleep** at fixing stuff lol
Message 109 of 353 (168 Views)
0 Likes