Feb 21 2013
By: ColorlessMage Lombax Warrior 117 posts

Yoshida is lying right? He said no price cut for north America....

[ Edited ]
13 replies 351 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/yoshida-no-vita-price-cut-for-north-america/

R.I.P

**bleep** sony why?

Are they even trying?also isn't our Vita NA userbase larger than **bleep**?

I just hope they are pulling a kaz hiarai...

Message 1 of 14 (351 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Yoshida is lying right? He said no price cut for north America....

Feb 21, 2013
Haha, "they are pulling a Kaz Hirai". Funny thing is, if there isn't a price drop then it'll be cheaper for people to buy it from Japan than to buy it locally since you will have the memcard bundle. Really stupid decision if the price cut isn't global~.
Message 2 of 14 (346 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 21, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Haha, "they are pulling a Kaz Hirai". Funny thing is, if there isn't a price drop then it'll be cheaper for people to buy it from Japan than to buy it locally since you will have the memcard bundle. Really stupid decision if the price cut isn't global~.

That's messed up lol.

Still no price cut on ANYTHING? if it isn't announced at destination playstation i think i may sell the Vita,will rebuy whenever sony decides to turn it around~

Message 3 of 14 (343 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Sony advertised the PS Vita as high quality home console gaming made portabile and now you make it a selling point for the new PS4? Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the PS4 anyway and I've always been more of a handheld gamer anyway but this is ridiculous! 

Those of us who are dedicated PS Vita owners want the HIGH CONSOLE QUALITY PS Vita games that Sony promised us. I'm not at all interested in playing PS3 nor PS4 games on my PS Vita. It's almost as if Sony has stooped to mimicking the Nintendo WiiU  instead of actually brainstorming and being unique and creative with the PS4.

If anything Sony's PlayStation 2013 even was an absolute and sincere joke and betrayal of us faithful PS Vita customers who actually wanted to see the PS Vita succeed and have good days ahead of it. I am greatly annoyed to see them relegate the PS Vita to the degraded level of nothing more than a PS4 accessory!

Sony led us to believe that the PS Vita was the future of portable high quality home console gaming on the go and now it's simply a PS4 promotional selling point! How low Sony! How low of you!

Also, Sony didn't even show us the actual PS4 console! I also hate how they tried to bribe us with the Gaikai service. They didn't even tell us if the new console will use disc or cartridges. If it's download only then it can rot in hades. I hate that the PS4 isn't even backwards compatible with the PS3.

Message 4 of 14 (332 Views)
Sackboy
379 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Ah, I was planning to make a post about this, but good to see that you already did.

This is a very brain dead argument. I think the gist of it is that thanks to the currency differences, the reduced prices are still profitable in Japan while a price cut in US dollars in North America will make it a loss. I doubt that since they can easily sell the console at $199 when they are selling bundles with a full PS Vita game worth around $30 and a 4 GB memory card worth $10 for $249.

At best the price cut may reduce their profit margins but I firmly believe that the PS Vita can be sold for $199 at a small profit. Even if it did eat into their profits, don't they realize that in the long run, this is actually profitable? They make most of their money in games. So, if they reduce the price and get more people to buy it then they can make more money selling games even if they make a small loss on the console...

And I know there are thousands, if not more, who are ready to buy it the moment it hits that below $200 price mark..

Are they even TRYING to make the Vita a success???? SHEESH!

PhoenixDowny wrote:

Sony advertised the PS Vita as high quality home console gaming made portabile and now you make it a selling point for the new PS4? Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the PS4 anyway and I've always been more of a handheld gamer anyway but this is ridiculous! 

Those of us who are dedicated PS Vita owners want the HIGH CONSOLE QUALITY PS Vita games that Sony promised us. I'm not at all interested in playing PS3 nor PS4 games on my PS Vita. It's almost as if Sony has stooped to mimicking the Nintendo WiiU  instead of actually brainstorming and being unique and creative with the PS4.

If anything Sony's PlayStation 2013 even was an absolute and sincere joke and betrayal of us faithful PS Vita customers who actually wanted to see the PS Vita succeed and have good days ahead of it. I am greatly annoyed to see them relegate the PS Vita to the degraded level of nothing more than a PS4 accessory!

Sony led us to believe that the PS Vita was the future of portable high quality home console gaming on the go and now it's simply a PS4 promotional selling point! How low Sony! How low of you!

Also, Sony didn't even show us the actual PS4 console! I also hate how they tried to bribe us with the Gaikai service. They didn't even tell us if the new console will use disc or cartridges. If it's download only then it can rot in hades. I hate that the PS4 isn't even backwards compatible with the PS3.

No one in their right mind, including Sony, wants to market the Vita as merely an accessory for the PS4. For one thing, it would be a mighty expensive accessory doing a simple task of playing the PS4 games on its screen via some streaming mechanism... Plus it is just an added perk of the Vita and not its main purpose.. The Vita will continue to be an independent console and it will have its own games and blockbusters...

Sony didn't show us the console as it is still in the last stages of development and they haven't finalized the whole hardware and perhaps even the design of the console's outer shell...

Message 5 of 14 (304 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Feb 21, 2013
The Vita is **bleep**ed man.. No buyers=nogames=infinite loop=my Vita is **bleep**ed also.

I'm just going to sell it for a 3DS or a tablet.
Message 6 of 14 (285 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Sasuke082594 wrote:
The Vita is **bleep**ed man.. No buyers=nogames=infinite loop=my Vita is **bleep**ed also.

I'm just going to sell it for a 3DS or a tablet.

It's your call. However, I think you should hold on. I remember when I sold my PSP 2000 only to regret it after a plethora of good games arrived and I had to go buy the PSP 3000. You should hold on to your PS Vita at least until after this year because some good things are in store with Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Final Fantasy X HD and Killzone Mercenary. 

However, if you do decide to sell it you'd be more than pleased with yourself for buying the Nintendo 3DS. It has a marvelous library already and lots of good games are on the way this year as well for the 3DS. However, I own both the Sony PS Vita and the Nintendo 3DS and I'd encourage you to keep your PS Vita because later you'll regret having sold it. 

Frustration can cloud the mind and right now we all are facing this reality as we are suffering the ill effects of Sony's lackluster PlayStation Meeting 2013 but things can only get better from here on out so stay strong and hang on to your PS Vita. 

Message 7 of 14 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Hello Phoenix Smiley Happy. Yeah you are right bro. My last hope is Killzone Mercenary. All i ask for is a good online console quality FPS..
Message 8 of 14 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Sasuke082594 wrote:
Hello Phoenix Smiley Happy. Yeah you are right bro. My last hope is Killzone Mercenary. All i ask for is a good online console quality FPS..

You're cool man. I totally understand how you feel because I'm pretty glum at the moment but God is good. I think that Sony is actually toying with us to see how we'll dance to pain of the flame because they have got to know how much hope we handheld gamers have riding on the PS Vita. Granted, Sony has made poor and I repeat POOR decisions over the years but I think it's worth holding out a little bit longer. Sony knows the PS4 isn't as good as it should or could be, hence the awful theatrical act they put on last night. I think Sony has a fear that the PS4 will falter once Microsoft reveals the actual XBOX 720 and so they wanted to throw a circus party in the hopes that they could drum up support for the PS4 among the PlayStation faithful. 

Still, I continue to believe the PS3 is far superior to the PS4. PS4's major flaws are that it copies Kinect blatantly, lacks backward compatibility and well we don't even know if it uses disc or cartridges. Sony knows they are in a rock in a hard place and the only thing that can save them is good decision making. The PS Vita is a revolutionary game changer and I guarantee you that before E3 arrives we are going to see Sony throw some kind of major spotlight on the PS Vita because they know it's vital for them to do so. In fact, I have a feeling that Sony is going to do some major marketing for Soul Sacrifice and the PS Vita here in the United Sates and in the United Kingdom and they'd do well to do so because it'd help to shake away the foothold that Nintendo has with Capcom and Monster Hunter right now.

Message 9 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I don't care about the PS4 lol. If they can't support the Vita to be the success they made it out to be then i sure as hell won't buy a PS4.
Message 10 of 14 (248 Views)