I wonder is this true?

Message 21 of 40 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3502 posts

Re: You think Sony will go BIG at E3?

Apr 30, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I believe that the big thing Sony will be doing at E3 this year will be more information on the PS4 and possibly a set release date, if not a smaller range of dates in which the PS4 could be released. I'll definitely be looking forward to new games being announced for the PS4 and ways that these games will utilize the PS4's power.

Sorry but the set date was announced.. It is this holiday season, most likely around thanksgiving. 

But i hope they actually show the new computer/ console...

Also set the price point for games, console, accessories, etc..

We need to know all info so we can put rumors to rest....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 22 of 40 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Apr 30, 2013
If PS4 is being released in the Holidays that means getting one will be a royal PITA. So I'll likely wait until next year when things calm down. I am NOT going through the fiasco of the PS2 Launch again. I don't have the patience for physical violence in a Wal-Mart electronics section again.
Message 23 of 40 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11514 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Sony always goes big at E3. Not once in the history of watching E3 has Sony disappointed with their presentation, especially in comparison to the other two. This year Nintendo won't have a press conference, so unfortunately we'll only have the two shows to watch (along with the smaller bits of Nintendo Direct).

This year I'd imagine Sony will be showcasing the PlayStation 4 in a big way, some new games for the platform most likely, and then some stuff for the Vita. Who knows... maybe the PlayStation 3 will get some attention.

Message 24 of 40 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 30, 2013
I was quite disappointed last year when the Wonderbook got more spotlight than the PSV~.
Message 25 of 40 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 30, 2013

It depends on what sony provide. If they provide something revolutionary, then they will clearly steal the show. But, cant say anything right now. Just waiting for May to end and we all will come to know about it. Some features that we can guess are slimmer, better processor, improved GPU, most probably no chance in memory, and a more improvised connectivity features with PS as well other devices.

Regarding xbox, until they do not chance thier business policy for xbox, they are not gonna rock the E3. Even if they produces a far better system from PS4, they will not have a much better sales. Because:

(i) limited games available(and that is highly priced)

(ii) after sales service is poor.

Sorry, I went too long. Very eager to see PS4 as well as Xbox 720(as it named by rumours). 

IGNITED MINDS
Message 26 of 40 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 30, 2013
To be fair, the PS4 may not be revolutionary but it's shaping up pretty **bleep** good right now and even if the XBOX 720 comes out with similar or even better specs, Sony still has a bunch of upcoming games for the PS4 to show (hopefully). So as things stand right now, with the PS4, Sony has everything needed to steal the thunder from Microsoft~.
Message 27 of 40 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 30, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
To be fair, the PS4 may not be revolutionary but it's shaping up pretty **bleep** good right now and even if the XBOX 720 comes out with similar or even better specs, Sony still has a bunch of upcoming games for the PS4 to show (hopefully). So as things stand right now, with the PS4, Sony has everything needed to steal the thunder from Microsoft~.

We cant be sure about the upcomings, but yes, PS4 has an edge over xbox because of the unlimited game titles available, not sticking to a single title like halo. Most expected as per other web pages that i have come through, PS4 is in lead.

Moreover the way microsoft is developing, its main concentration is day by day shifting away from consoles and going towards cloud service.

IGNITED MINDS
Message 28 of 40 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Whoa now, lets not emphasize that they have an unlimited supply of games, just means a bunch of HD upscales or repurchases. Unless there is a legit reason worth my time, I don't want to repurchase anything I've bought for the PS3 generation.....for the most part Smiley LOL

I hate everyone that brought up the atrocity known as Wonderbook. The borefest nearly put me to sleep and I wanted to never remember it again. Hopefully whoever thought that segment was a good idea is no where near handling the E3 lineup. Other than that, I'm keeping my expectations to the minimum. If they come out with a bunch of good looking titles that will be day 1 launch titles, I'll allow myself to get hyped. If they are just "future" titles, like the Last Guardian, I'll just move on to the next story. Price is kinda hype worthy, but it depends on the games and what they plan on doing with PS3 PSN purchases.

Edit:
wow I sound angry...

Message 29 of 40 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Apr 30, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

The PS3 will probably get a mention and and the Vita.... Well.... *Yawns*

It really needs a special something, and I can't reiterate enough how badly it needs a price cut.  No price cut announcement would be the end of the platform by itself.

Message 30 of 40 (104 Views)
0 Likes