Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Re: YouTube app for PS4!

Apr 8, 2014

da1writer wrote:

VDubPDX82 wrote:
www.youtube.com/tv is a website not an app a whole lot more buys into building an app just because they look similar doesn't mean it can just be ported over. The iPhone and android YouTube apps have completely different coding and requires completely different build sets so you sir have no idea what goes i to making an app.

Actually he was referring to YouTube.com/tv because it allows you to watch any YouTube video on PS4. In actuality, the PS3 YouTube app looks just like YouTube.com/TV. While an app would be preferred, everyone has had access to all of YouTube since day one of the PS4.

If you read his post a bit better he was telling me that it just needs to be simply ported over and not rebuilt. because all of the different ways to access YouTube look the same. Well yes they do look the same that is how most companies build thier apps to have continuity between devices. But they all still require completely different coding in order to build the apps. Hence why Google has to rebuild the app form the ground up and in the end it will look almost if not exactly like all the other YouTube apps available today.

Message 101 of 110 (658 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4766 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

VDubPDX82 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

VDubPDX82 wrote:
www.youtube.com/tv is a website not an app a whole lot more buys into building an app just because they look similar doesn't mean it can just be ported over. The iPhone and android YouTube apps have completely different coding and requires completely different build sets so you sir have no idea what goes i to making an app.

Actually he was referring to YouTube.com/tv because it allows you to watch any YouTube video on PS4. In actuality, the PS3 YouTube app looks just like YouTube.com/TV. While an app would be preferred, everyone has had access to all of YouTube since day one of the PS4.

If you read his post a bit better he was telling me that it just needs to be simply ported over and not rebuilt. because all of the different ways to access YouTube look the same. Well yes they do look the same that is how most companies build thier apps to have continuity between devices. But they all still require completely different coding in order to build the apps. Hence why Google has to rebuild the app form the ground up and in the end it will look almost if not exactly like all the other YouTube apps available today.

My apologies, I thought the reason many wanted a YouTube app was because they wanted to watch YouTube on the PS4, which you can already do since day one. For those who do want an actual app, hopefully there will be one soon... imo for uploading to at least in the future :smileywink:

Message 102 of 110 (640 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 20, 2014

Where is the You Tube App for the PS4???? Please make it availble!!!   

Message 103 of 110 (485 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: why isnt youtube on ps4?

Apr 27, 2014

It's going to end up like ps3 did and they will re-release a ps4 with everything they should of had. atleast i hope they are going to fix all of the features from ps3 that they are missing.

Message 104 of 110 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

PS4 Needs an Update to Play YouTube Videos

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2014

It's long overdue & it's extremely annoying i can't watch gameplays as it says Flash Player upgrade is needed if you use the PS3 web browser it's laggy & occasionally freezes 

Mod Edit: Updated title and label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Message 105 of 110 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4866 posts

Re: PS4 needs a update to play YouTube videos

Jun 19, 2014

Smoggie12252013 wrote:

It's long overdue & it's extremely annoying i can't watch gameplays as it says Flash Player upgrade is needed if you use the PS3 web browser it's laggy & occasionally freezes 

it's coming...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/youtube-coming-to-ps4-this-year/

flash support was dropped for consoles and a lot of hanhelds, including mobile phones, was dropped by adobe in the last few years. there is nothing sony can do, as adobe owns alll rights to flash. 

until the youtube app drops, go to www.youtube.com/tv on your consoles browser. 

Message 106 of 110 (238 Views)
Fender Bender
3185 posts

Re: PS4 needs a update to play YouTube videos

Jun 19, 2014

Smoggie12252013 wrote:

I'm able to play youtube videos on my PS4 with no issue.

Message 107 of 110 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3277 posts

Re: PS4 Needs an Update to Play YouTube Videos

Jun 19, 2014

This makes about the 5th thread I've seen on this topic in the past 2 days smh.. 

Message 108 of 110 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 7, 2014
Your list is wrong my ps4 doesn't have Hulu YouTube or a couple other ones I'm in Canada but don't think that has anything to do with
Message 109 of 110 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 7, 2014
Go to youtube.com/tv on your ps4 browser and u can use ps3youtube app
Message 110 of 110 (135 Views)
0 Likes