Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: YouTube app for PS4!

Mar 7, 2014

The youtube.com/tv site is clumsy and a step back. Not what I want to see from a next gen system. How is there no Youtube app yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 110 (449 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Why isn't there any news forthcoming about a YouTube app for the PS4? This is frustrating.

Keep it real.
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 110 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Where is Youtube App???

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

ok i know i'll be flamed for this but i dont care about what fanboys have to say. 

xbox had youtube from its launch, and is now improving on its youtube app.

ps3 had youtube, i know not from launch, but if you are launching a new console, it should improve on what it already had, not take things out.

i know i heard from some that ps4 not having youtube is not upto sony, but google.

what i dont understand is, why does xbox have youtube then?  did microsoft buy rights to that app on its console?

and please dont bother with comments such as "be patient", that argument doesnt hold true anymore.  we are f'ing 5 months into its launch, several years into development

and the youtube.com/tv lacks in functionality.  can't watch subscribed videos, favorites, watch later, or anything.  you have to search everything everytime

and to those that say "why dont you watch youtube on your pc".  i mostly play my PS4 on my bed at the end of my day.  i dont have my pc hooked up to my tv.

so the answer or feedback that im looking for is from people that understand why PS4 still fails to deliver on a rather simply app.

xbox 1 has it, ps3 and xbox360 has it, even a frinkin roku or amazon fire has them, not to mention every smart tv out there

is it too much to expect a next gen console, which "promised greatness", to support a youtube app?

if anyone knows of any technical limitation, exclusivity limitation, or an intentional exclusion of youtube to support facebook, or anything concrete and not fanboy response, please drop your 2 cents

i really want youtube app on my ps4

Edit: Merged thread

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 110 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2355 posts

Re: Where is Youtube App???

Apr 8, 2014

It is ridiculous that ps4 still has so little features, like you tube, friend notifications, ui customization, pause downloads, mp3, media streaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 110 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

Apr 8, 2014
XBox one has it because all they had to do was but the Windows 8 version of the app on the console that app was already built when XBox One launched Goole has to rebuild the YouTube App from the bottom up using the new X86 PlayStation architecture. It will come it will just take time for google to re build the app and it better be 100% optional i don't need that junkie app taking up even 1kb of space on my HDD
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 110 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11284 posts

Apr 8, 2014

VDubPDX82 wrote:
XBox one has it because all they had to do was but the Windows 8 version of the app on the console that app was already built when XBox One launched Goole has to rebuild the YouTube App from the bottom up using the new X86 PlayStation architecture. It will come it will just take time for google to re build the app and it better be 100% optional i don't need that junkie app taking up even 1kb of space on my HDD

sorry to mention this.

https://www.youtube.com/tv

go there, go to PS3's version, go to Xbone's version, go to Wii U's version. then tell me if Google need to rebuild Youtube app or not

Youtube just have to port it over to PS4, seems to be easy. kinda guess that Google doesn't want to do it yet. but maybe something

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 110 (160 Views)
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Apr 8, 2014
Based E3... It will happen then. Xbox uses windows 8 I dunno why you guys keep forgetting this the app was ready for XBO before the console launched.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 110 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

Apr 8, 2014
www.youtube.com/tv is a website not an app a whole lot more buys into building an app just because they look similar doesn't mean it can just be ported over. The iPhone and android YouTube apps have completely different coding and requires completely different build sets so you sir have no idea what goes i to making an app.
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 110 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4628 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

VDubPDX82 wrote:
www.youtube.com/tv is a website not an app a whole lot more buys into building an app just because they look similar doesn't mean it can just be ported over. The iPhone and android YouTube apps have completely different coding and requires completely different build sets so you sir have no idea what goes i to making an app.

Actually he was referring to YouTube.com/tv because it allows you to watch any YouTube video on PS4. In actuality, the PS3 YouTube app looks just like YouTube.com/TV. While an app would be preferred, everyone has had access to all of YouTube since day one of the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 110 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Re: Where is Youtube App???

Apr 8, 2014

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

ok i know i'll be flamed for this but i dont care about what fanboys have to say. 

xbox had youtube from its launch, and is now improving on its youtube app.

ps3 had youtube, i know not from launch, but if you are launching a new console, it should improve on what it already had, not take things out.

i know i heard from some that ps4 not having youtube is not upto sony, but google.

what i dont understand is, why does xbox have youtube then?  did microsoft buy rights to that app on its console?

and please dont bother with comments such as "be patient", that argument doesnt hold true anymore.  we are f'ing 5 months into its launch, several years into development

and the youtube.com/tv lacks in functionality.  can't watch subscribed videos, favorites, watch later, or anything.  you have to search everything everytime

and to those that say "why dont you watch youtube on your pc".  i mostly play my PS4 on my bed at the end of my day.  i dont have my pc hooked up to my tv.

so the answer or feedback that im looking for is from people that understand why PS4 still fails to deliver on a rather simply app.

xbox 1 has it, ps3 and xbox360 has it, even a frinkin roku or amazon fire has them, not to mention every smart tv out there

is it too much to expect a next gen console, which "promised greatness", to support a youtube app?

if anyone knows of any technical limitation, exclusivity limitation, or an intentional exclusion of youtube to support facebook, or anything concrete and not fanboy response, please drop your 2 cents

i really want youtube app on my ps4

Edit: Merged thread

go get on google. they own youtube and make the apps for the different devices. here's a resume posted on google+ a month ago looking for engineers specializing in game consoles - https://www.google.com/about/careers/search/#!t=jo&jid=40109&

google does not like/let other companies mess with their core services, like youtube. i guess you don't know about the squabble between google and MS over a youtube app for windows phones. google wasn't working on an app fast enough, so MS decided to build their own using googles API. ask any windows phone user how that's been over the last year. first they had an HTML version, that got pulled by MS, MS built their own, Googles lawyers sent cease & desist letters, MS pulled it. they finally now have one, i think...i'm not even sure how many different youtube apps have been on windows phones over the last 2 years.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-and-google-agree-to-build-youtube-app-for-windows-phone-8-7000015882/

it's not a technical limitation reason or an exclusivity deal. it's simply google not building it in a faster fashion to satisfy users of ps4s. there is no concrete info anywhere. not from sony or google. we'll get information when it's ready.

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 110 (136 Views)
0 Likes