Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 04 2012
By: DRMALOO First Son 5 posts

Youtube App (Feature Request)

4 replies 389 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

Hi, I am trying to start a collection of feature requests for the youtube app for the PS3.

I understand that Youtube (Google) developed the app, but being this is a PS3 made app, Sony is first on the list.

Features that need to be returned:

1. They removed the Keyboard support.

The new interface is horrible and needs to allow for keyboard use as it takes 10x as long to enter letters into the search field.

2. They removed the volume control.

I have been told to use the volume on the TV, well I don't have a TV, I use a projector, and it doesn't have volume controls.

I have always used the Youtube volume, and it worked great.

3. They disabled the web version of youtube

Being that the search feature within the new Youtube app sucks, I tried to used the internet and web browser to search, as the keyboard still works.

Yet, instead of redirecting you to youtube, it just tells you to install the app. **bleep**!

The app has a lot of potential, but at this point it is not usable.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: Youtube App (Feature Request)

Sep 4, 2012
I like the app but the search bar can be improved. Apart from that I enjoyed it especially because of the video quality it's such an improvement compared to the internet browser.
www.youtube.com/user/thelegendarygbd
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (381 Views)
Fender Bender
3033 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Not liking this app at all. In fact I uninstalled it. You can still use the regular version, but you have to search videos from the youtube homepage, and it does a max of 240p. I wouldn't mind it so much if didn't ask you to install the Application even after you install it:smileymad:.

Fix your DS3/SixAxis-Boomer since 2,736

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (366 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 6, 2012
I do like the quality improvements, but as it is right now, this product is not usable.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 6, 2012

good to know that you can still use the browser version. I will try this when I get home from work.

I really hope (Youtube) Google get this fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)
0 Likes