Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1559 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 24, 2013
You bought PS Plus, should have known that eventually they'd move into the pay to play after seeing how successful PS Plus was. I mean come on this is why people didn't like it at first. They said Sony was going to start charging but others were saying "no it's just an option, you don't have to get it". They failed to understand what people were really talking about.

To build a better network with cross game chat, connecting to another person's PS4 , and streaming...well something has to be done. As long as the experience is better and faster its all good. Hopefuly we don't get kicked off PSN as much as we did with PS3 right?
Please use plain text.
Message 181 of 310 (210 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 24, 2013

UnPreCeDenTeDz wrote:

RGA, I dont mind paying as long as they are improved from Day 1.  What I dont want is a year after everyone is paying, that they begin to work on it.

Therein lies the problem.  They won't have worked on it by the time PS4 rolls out and unlikely they ever will.  Look at the mess that is HOME,  over 4 years later and still a buggy beta.

Please use plain text.
Message 182 of 310 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Some games won't require Plus (FFXIV being one of the main ones-but you need to have a Square ENix Accoutn set up for monthly charges).

Other FPS and primary games will.

Please use plain text.
Message 183 of 310 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I have laughed at how funny the conversation has been; mostly the gramatical errors by one certain person.  But hey whatever.  So I have done some digging around on the internet and from a comparsion of the ps3 vs ps4 specs from March 2013.  So its fairly currently stuff.http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/playstation-3-vs-playstation-4-in-depth-spec-comparison/

But I'll copy and paste it here for easier access. 

PS3                                                                                                PS4

Dimensions
290mm (w) x 60mm (h) x 230mm (d)
TBA
Weight2.1kgTBA
ProcessorCPU: 3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine
GPU: RSX “Reality Synthesizer” @ 550MHz, 1.8 T-FLOPS floating point performance
CPU: Eight-core X86 AMD Jaguar
GPU:1.84 T-FLOPS, AMD Radeon Graphics Core Next Engine
Memory256MB XDR Main RAM
256MB GDDR3 VRAM
8GB GDDR5 RAM
Hard Disk DriveBuilt-inBuilt-in
AV OutputHDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Output (Optical)HDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Output (Optical)
I/O OutputHi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) X 2Super Speed USB (USB 3.0) X 3, AUX
CommunicationEthernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR), IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-FiEthernet (10BASE-T,100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR), IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
Controller610amAh DualShock 3 (192g, six-axis motion sensing)1000amAh DualShock 4 (210g, six-axis motion sensing, 2 Point Touch Pad)
Camera640X480 @ 60Hz, 320×240 @ 120Hz1280×800 @ 60Hz, 640×400 @ 120Hz, 320×192 @ 240Hz
Price$250+ (With multiple bundles)TBA
AvailabilityNowHoliday 2013

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/playstation-3-vs-playstation-4-in-depth-spec-comparison/#ixzz2XB...
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

The PS4 also comes with a faster Blu-Ray drive; 2x on the PS3 and a 6x on the PS4 USB 3.0.

No new information on how PSN will be changed.

Here is also another article that breaks down the PS4 spec; dated from Feb, 2013.  http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/a-look-inside-the-playstation-4/

Just a couple of quotes from the article 

"Sony states that the PS4’s graphics chip, which is derived from existing Radeon technology and integrated into the Jaguar processor die, can push 1.84 TFLOPS. That number puts the power of the GPU roughly on par with a Radeon HD 7850 video card.

That may seem disappointing because the Radeon HD 7850 is “only” a mid-range GPU. Again, careful consideration allows for more optimism. Reviews of the Radeon HD 7850 graphics card have already shown that it can handle most current PC games at 1080p with medium to high detail, which is a huge leap over current-gen consoles.

Add in optimization, along with the possibility of rendering at 720p and scaling to 1080p (as current consoles do), and you have the potential for a huge leap forward in quality. The power on tap falls short of enabling support for 4K resolution in games, however. 4K video out will be supported for photos and videos, but games will render at a lower (as yet unspecified) resolution."

Please use plain text.
Message 184 of 310 (160 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4559 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 185 of 310 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Good breakdown, dragon. But what are the *major* features that make this a PS4 and not a PS3.5? Right now I'm watching the hawks at 1000+ fps so why would I want to play games at 60fps? That's nothing. Also, insert ad hominems, straw man arguments, and horrible grammar and spelling here.
Please use plain text.
Message 186 of 310 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 25, 2013

*waves*  I'm back.  Okay shotgunn here I go. :smileywink: 

Google works wonders.  Now I do not claim to be a computer/tech wiz but I'm trying lol.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_5.html 

There are a couple of items that jump out of this article stating that "It's true that movies and TV only use around 24, 25 or 30 FPS, depending on which part of the world you're in. But there are three important differences between Movies, TV and PC games:
1. Movies and TV use Motion Blur, so that if at any time you freeze a movie scene on your DVD player for example, a large part of the scene may consist of blurred objects. "  

"PC games do not have a rock-solid unchanging framerate, while TV and movies do. While some games have a framerate cap of 30 or 60 FPS, very few if any PC games can be locked down to consistently show exactly 24 or 30 FPS - their FPS will vary, sometimes significantly. Movies and TV on the other hand always show exactly the same number of frames per second and do not vary one bit."

Both of these items can be found in the above linked article.

Another interesting article compares screen refresh rate vs FPS which I think might be some of the confusion of TV/cable whatever vs video game FPS. 

http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/framevsrefresh.htm

The article even states that the two most confusing terms are frame rate and refresh rate.

I also found a long buried discussion on these very forums of 720p is 1280x720 @ 60 frames per second 1080i is 1920x108 from back in 2006.

If someone else can find any better info please post so the rest of can read it.  It's been an interesting conversation so far lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 187 of 310 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Grammar error hheello people if yall gonna rectify any grammar at least *at the minimum* make those corrections on a .edu domain this is a .com domain grammar errors is not a issue if so maybe this domain is not for you. Pretty funny for a person *that have a very bad grammar error* fools like you are REEAALLL smart to carry on this conversation wit a person with very bad grammar. & yet your STILL stupid enough to carry on a conversation on what this ps3.5 is capable of
Please use plain text.
Message 188 of 310 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Here's another interesting forum post about the refresh rate of HDTV's.  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/60hz-v-120hz-TVs/m-p/40781615#U40781615

60mhz vs 120mhz and this thread was created very very recently as well.  Makes for hopefully more up to date information.

On a side note I really find it humorous that when given information that would help to clear up confusion and provide the most current facts as known at this time that one tends to not focus on that information.   This thread actually started out with a decent question abet a difficult read. 

Some answers to these questions concerning any enhancements that the new PSN will have over the current PSN we will receive the answers closer to launch date that we get.  Unless of course someone wants to actually poise these questions to the playstationblog or twitter account.  But I'm sure that's already been thought of and done since its been mentioned so many times already.

Sorry if my  post doesn't contain spelling errors and run on sentences I like to have my posts actually you know make sense. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 189 of 310 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Think of it this way, if you don't use PS+ with PS4 you still get:

- Access so over a hundred of discounts and sales at any time
- Access to all of your apps and services such as Netflix, Youtube etc.
- The ability to play any F2P games online

Without Xbox Live Gold on Xbox One you get

- About a dozen sales and discounts
- No access to your apps and services such as Netflix, Youtube etc.
- No access to F2P games

With PS+ you get

- Hundreds of discounts and sales
- Dozens of free avatars and themes (some of which are exclusive)
- Over a dozen free games that you can keep forever along with dozens more being added EVERY month (a lot of which are still fairly new games that cost $50 in stores)

With Xbox Live Gold you get

- Less then 10 exclusive sales a week
- 2 free games a month (most of which are extremely popular or outdated games that are maybe $10 at stores anyways)

That's really it... Microsoft has been screwing their users over for years and yet no one wants to speak up about it. Its pathetic really.
Please use plain text.
Message 190 of 310 (94 Views)
0 Likes