Jun 23 2013
By: waynefiend Uncharted Territory 1479 posts

advice on ps+

13 replies 132 views Edited Jun 23, 2013
So I sold all of my ps3 games except bf3 and nhl13. I'm getting a ps4. I am currently not a PS+ member, but was wondering if it would be worth it to subscribe now and get some of the free games for ps3.
Message 1 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: advice on ps+

Jun 23, 2013
Which games did you sell? It should be an easy decision if you've never played most of the games available now. You can see the NA list of games here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES?sm...Smiley TongueSmiley Tongue

5 games are rotated every month. Vanquish and Blazblue CSE Vita will expire and Virtue's Last Reward will enter the IGC next week.
Message 2 of 14 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 23, 2013

So I'm new to Playstation as of last night, and I heard a lot of talk about how PSN gives free games. Is this a monthly thing that happens, and if I DL say this months Saints Row the Third can I play that after the new rotation and and how often does the roation occure and how many PS3 games release?

photo MastershakeSig_zpsf70b018d.jpg
Deuces Xbox 360 (6/23/13)
Reformed Xbox Member
So what if my sig ain't pretty, I think it's dope!
Message 3 of 14 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Sorry to ask so many questions, I just want to understand how this works and my work connection restricts a lot of sites on google.

Reformed Xbox Member
Message 4 of 14 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13493 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Bluedot_v2 wrote:

So I'm new to Playstation as of last night, and I heard a lot of talk about how PSN gives free games. Is this a monthly thing that happens, and if I DL say this months Saints Row the Third can I play that after the new rotation and and how often does the roation occure and how many PS3 games release?

The current PS+ structure goes as follows (at least, I believe it follows this structure):

1st week of a month: Free PS3 game

2nd week: Free PS3 game

3rd Week: Free Vita game

4th Week: Free PSP game

And of course, there are discounts and the like throughout.

Any game that you press the "Download" button on and add to your download list, is added forever. So you can continue to play those games as long as you're a PS+ member (and can re-download whenever you like).

If you don't hit the Download button and add them to your DL List, and the game is removed from PS+, then you lost out.

So if you DL SR: The 3rd now, you can play it as long as you're a PS+ member. Even when its removed from the PS+ free section.

If you stop subscribing to PS+, you get a 6 month grace period to re-subscribe. After 6 months, any previous "free" downloads you have will be lost, and re-subscribing will basically make you "start fresh".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 14 (89 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 23, 2013
So after those 6 months, they will be removed from your download list?
Message 6 of 14 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Very great details, thank you sir and kudos for the assistance.

Reformed Xbox Member
Message 7 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Bluedot_v2 wrote:

Sorry to ask so many questions, I just want to understand how this works and my work connection restricts a lot of sites on google.

You can play anything you download as long as your sub is active, even after it rotates out of the IGC.  Anything you buy with a PS+ discount is yours to keep, even after your PS+ expires.

Message 8 of 14 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10692 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Anything you download will remain on your download list indefinitely.  That means, if you need to delete something off your HDD to make room for new content, you can redownload old IGC content later, if you want to play it again.

Message 9 of 14 (73 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13493 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Anything you download will remain on your download list indefinitely.  That means, if you need to delete something off your HDD to make room for new content, you can redownload old IGC content later, if you want to play it again.

You sure? I was under the impression that if you unsubscribed from PS+ for an extended period of time, you'd lose access to previous "free" downloads.

That's what I saw was reported somewhere else at least..

Edit: NVM, that's for Cloud saves lol

Message 10 of 14 (70 Views)
0 Likes