Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
14941 posts

Re: Taco Bell contest PS4

Oct 9, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
@Grin, people won't. Just watch. Who really knows, if those winners are fake or reall. Hell, most people thought, Kevin Butler was really the CEO of Sony.

Turned out, he's just an actor, not his real name.

No, that's false... 

And quite frankly THE most hilarious counter point i've ever encountered in my life ever.. be it internet or in person.

huh?    An actor   

I'm saying that's false, most people did not think he was the actual CEO.

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 329 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rramsdell wrote:
@Grin, people won't. Just watch. Who really knows, if those winners are fake or reall. Hell, most people thought, Kevin Butler was really the CEO of Sony.

Turned out, he's just an actor, not his real name.

No, that's false... 

And quite frankly THE most hilarious counter point i've ever encountered in my life ever.. be it internet or in person.

huh?    An actor   

I'm saying that's false, most people did not think he was the actual CEO.

some people thought he was.    I knew he was  fake!    People didn't like my answer 

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 329 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32191 posts

Oct 10, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I love real Mexican food. I don't know what everyone's problem with Fast Food is on here. Fast Food is better (and probably healthier, believe it or not) than the school lunches.

ive got no problem with fast food, i just dont like Taco Bell.

Del Taco > Taco Bell

then again, El Polo Loco > Del Taco > Taco Bell.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 329 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14233 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, friend. Your point is as follows: It is impossible to verify the authenticity of the alleged winners.People were unable to discern the fact that an actor in a commercial was not a Sony executive without the little text. 

Now, when I put it like that it sounds even stranger. The second point about Kevin Butler has absolutely nothing to do with the first one. It doesn't even follow, a fallacy worthy of Descartes himself. Even if you're only implying that some people are too stupid to understand that Kevin Butler was not simply an actor and therefore would be unable to discern whether the winners are real or not it still makes no sense whatsoever

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 329 (391 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1951 posts

Re: anyone won a ps4 via taco bell yet?

Oct 10, 2013

I remember the winner fiasco they had with the Vita. I had already bought a vita but just hearing about it made me sad. Anyway.... I would love to win a PS4... but I have 100 bux down on a pre order for it so screw it. I'm just going to buy it flat out.

However I am considered a hostile worker apparently...
 photo Sigconsept.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 329 (979 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Oct 10, 2013

ShowoffCM wrote:

I won today. I live in NC and stopped for lunch at a Taco Bell with the guy I work with. I'd seen the commercials advertising the PS4 but didn't think anything of it when I got the $5 box. After I finished eating I went to throw it away but the guy I work with kept joking that I should enter the code. I didn't wanna carry a box full of taco meat and whatnot back and really didn't expect to win anything, but I took a picture of the code and the number to text and we left. We had an hour and a half drive back to work and I was super bored so I texted the code to the number listed on the box. I immediately got a text back saying to respond YES to the official rules, blah blah blah. I sent the YES text and almost immediately received a text that said "Winner! Pin number xxxxx Subject to verification. Click to redeem your prize" with a link. At this point I was super skeptical but clicked the link anyway. I figured it was either total BS or if I was lucky I won a free taco just as Lombax Warrior said. I entered the pin from the text and filled out the captcha thing and was taken to another screen where I was asked to submit my full name, address, date of birth, phone number, and email address. At this point, I ALMOST exited the browser on my phone. I was so sure it was just an attempt to get my information to send me spam. I went ahead and filled it out anyway and submitted it. The next page said " Congratulations! You are a winner! Taco Bell is hooking you up with a PlayStation 4 system, copy of Knack, and a 1 year PlayStation Plus membership." along with a date which they will be shipping it to me. I probably could have crapped a chocolate chicken at that point.

It's been about 4 hours since then and I received an email and a winner's confirmation number. I assume they will contact me closer to the end of the contest to collect my validation information and whatnot. I don't know the exact odds, but they have to be astronomical. I rarely eat Taco Bell and when I do, I never get the $5 box. Even getting the winning code, I assume most people don't even take the time to check the code before throwing the box away. I'm scared that something will happen or some loophole will come about and I won't get the PS4, but I'm trying to do everything by the books. I read the official rules and whatnot and I qualify so hopefully I'll get the console.

That rules man! Yea I'm hoping they send out a validation email. Did they do that for Vita winners?

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 329 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Oct 10, 2013
I'm 0-for-2 so far, and don't expect to win, but will get boxes almost daily regardless. Tough to eat them without gaining weight!

My Taco Bell has one with a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, so I'll be getting that one today. \m/
47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 329 (883 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not sure about the Vita. I very rarely eat at Taco Bell and I'm essentially 1/1 in my attempts to get a PS4 haha. I sent a ticket in asking about how and when I should go about validating my date of birth and eligibility and got an email back saying that their system identified me as a potential winner and that there would be no notification of winners being confirmed or prizes being shipped out. Not sure how I feel about that.
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 329 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Oct 10, 2013

ShowoffCM wrote:
I'm not sure about the Vita. I very rarely eat at Taco Bell and I'm essentially 1/1 in my attempts to get a PS4 haha. I sent a ticket in asking about how and when I should go about validating my date of birth and eligibility and got an email back saying that their system identified me as a potential winner and that there would be no notification of winners being confirmed or prizes being shipped out. Not sure how I feel about that.

Hmm interesting. I don't like that either...

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 329 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I just brought 3 boxes, didnt win. Im not going to buy another one. Chances on winner is very slim. More slim than the super slim ps3, :smileytongue:.  Already have my pre-order ps4 paid off. If sony went with BK or MD, i would buy more. Taco is like poop to me, i dont eat them. I just give the food for bro/sis and used the codes. 

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 329 (869 Views)
0 Likes