Treasure Hunter
5073 posts

Re: do you think that the date for launch is good?

Jun 27, 2005

,(PsP)Snake wrote:

im gonna pass up the 360, like i did the xbox.lol.

its because the xbox doesnt have much to offer, other than fps and a few goodies that i dont really care much to get the console for one game.

the ps3 in my eyes has the best package to offer because it gets the games that the others get first. and there not ports either.

Ok, the Xbox didnt have much 3rd party support when they launched, now with the Xbox 360, they have alot. "It gets the games that the others get first." First off, your statement sounds like PS2 got the games... that the OTHERS got FIRST. But I know what your saying, and I bet you can only think of a few that do this (GTA is the only one that comes to my mind.) Saying the Xbox 360 is only and update of the Xbox, and only has FPSs has got to be the most close-minded thing I have ever heard - its like saying, the PS2 only has crappy graphics with only RPGs. You also say that you wont buy a console for 1 game, yet you stated later that you are getting the PS3 primarily for MGS4. The Xbox 360 will be far superior to what you saw at e3, because they showed alpha kits running at 30 % power at the time, and PS3 showed us sped up scripted gameplay, or CGI movies. If you recall, the Xbox and Microsoft got a D rating at their first e3 showing off the Xbox. You base your statements alot off of what Ken says (Dont listen to him), and what others have said. Im glad you chose the PS3 as your console because it is the best package (Where you got this info, I dont know), but the more people that buy each console = competition = capitalism = better Next-Gen after the PS3/Xbox360/Revolution generation. If I had the money, Id probably go with the PS3, but seeing as how it comes out a LONG time after the Xbox 360, (Yes it is long, you will be playing your PS2 while all the Xbox 360 owners are playing their amazing games... it will seem like an eternity) I will be getting Microsoft's product.

Message 21 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 27, 2005
they just don't understand what they are missing.... they "think" they know, but they don't,
Message 22 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Dreamcast 9/9/99 PS2 10/26/00 ps2 came out a full year after Dreamcast and look what happen Nuff said.,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 23 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
look fool... Sega was on it's last leg.. and Sony straight up lied about it's console.  When the system failed to reach it's projected numbers Sega pulled the plug and went 3rd party.  Now Sony is the company in debt and the PS3 is suppose to save this darn company from it's flowndering electronics department.  Microsoft is a multibillion dollar profit company.
Message 24 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5073 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Can I please shoot everyone who says Dreamcast's fate = Xbox 360's fate. Look at Segas previous consoles, nothing about those made me say, I really need a new Sega console (But the Dreamcast was amazing, even as good as PS2), but the Xbox had superior graphics compared to the PS2. This time around, Xbox has more 3rd party developers, Xbox live, and a decent fanbase. Combine this with an early launch, and they WILL do better this time around than last time. Everyone this time around also knows that Sony really overhypes consoles and can flat out lie (Happened to the Dreamcast), and Sega wasnt really a financial powerhouse, they saw they could make money in software, and went there.

Xbox 360 will not just die because of the PS3, and everyone who says so is an ignorant fool. Posting such things will have your credibility shot down and you will forever be called a fanboy.

Message 25 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,PhillyMike101 wrote:
Can I please shoot everyone who says Dreamcast's fate = Xbox 360's fate. Look at Segas previous consoles, nothing about those made me say, I really need a new Sega console (But the Dreamcast was amazing, even as good as PS2), but the Xbox had superior graphics compared to the PS2. This time around, Xbox has more 3rd party developers, Xbox live, and a decent fanbase. Combine this with an early launch, and they WILL do better this time around than last time. Everyone this time around also knows that Sony really overhypes consoles and can flat out lie (Happened to the Dreamcast), and Sega wasnt really a financial powerhouse, they saw they could make money in software, and went there.

Xbox 360 will not just die because of the PS3, and everyone who says so is an ignorant fool. Posting such things will have your credibility shot down and you will forever be called a fanboy.

Well put.  Alot of people here think sony will end up like sega.  Infact alot of the PSP fanboys said the DS was going to end up like that, but the DS is doing ok now.  I may never get a PS3.  The cost is $400.  Too much.  Not to mention bluray is a new format so games that go on that format will cost alot of money.  I have pockets but not that deep.  I may get a revolution because Nintendo is the only one to me who really cares about making it fun and not have to worry about graphics.  Look at Nintendogs.  The graphics on that are not even comparible to the PSP's and the media is praising it as the DS's killer app.  I think in the end it comes down to the fun of what the games have to offer and not the graphics. 

Message 26 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Jun 28, 2005
it would be nice to have PS3 for xmas
Photobucket
Message 27 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
no doubt if they could get it out it would come out for christmas, but it's probably not logisticly possible
Message 28 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
48 posts

Jun 28, 2005
I feel like Sony should step it up a bit and get at least a few thousand units into the population before Christmas... while this certainly won't satisfy everyone, in the grand scheme of things, it will create a huge buzz in the console gaming community. I also feel like Nintendo is bringing up the rear a little too far, and unless they have something incredible up their sleeves (doubtful), it may be wiser to cut their losses and focus on game development like Sega did a few years back. The funny thing is that I am most likely to own all 3...as I do now, so it's more like which one will I buy first. For you guys at Sony reading this, I am likely to buy an Xbox first simply because it will be available first (and I have to at least wonder how much of this particular market you are willing to hand over to your nearest rival). At the same time I appreciate a quality product (and will remain loyal to your brand for as long as you remain in this thing).
Using the Jedi Mind Trick... won't get you free stuff.

G.A.P. since November 10th 2005...
Message 29 of 29 (2 Views)
0 Likes