Jun 27 2005
By: (PsP)Snake~ Keyblade Wielder 10927 posts

do you think that the date for launch is good?

28 replies 7 views Edited Jun 27, 2005
for the ps3 and xbox 360. i use to think before e3 that the 360 would become #1 in the next gen race. but since e3 the 360 seems to be a updated xbox. but i think it still has a good chance in being close to 1st because of its chrismas date.

as for the ps3, im worried that its coming out too late for those who want something in that catagory. i think the best time to ship a new console would be a holiday because of everyone being in a buying spree, but there coming out with it in the march time.

the only other thing that has came out around the time the ps3 will launch is the psp, and from the standpoint of the sales, its getting its black butt beating by the ds's stylus, but its still doing fairly, for the time being.

and not to mention nintendo, whatever the heck there planing its gonna plop if they dont start talking soon.

so what im asking is what is your take on the launch times.
Message 1 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Re: do you think that the date for launch is good?

Jun 27, 2005
I don't know about you guys, but I want next-gen NOW.  Five months for the X360 is too long, much less a year for PS3.  I'll be getting both for sure.  That Heavenly Swords demo was enough to convince me to get a PS3, and the Gears of War demo was enough for X360.
Message 2 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Jun 27, 2005
I'll have Airsoft and my job to keep me busy till x360.  Hehe.,
Photobucket
Message 3 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Jun 27, 2005
People who want the PS3 will buy it regardless of what date it's released on.

PS3 is a completely new console, but the X360 is just an upgrade.Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Jun 27, 2005

im gonna pass up the 360, like i did the xbox.lol.

its because the xbox doesnt have much to offer, other than fps and a few goodies that i dont really care much to get the console for one game.

the ps3 in my eyes has the best package to offer because it gets the games that the others get first. and there not ports either. and im gonna probably get nintendos revolution if they can pull off some cool new way to play,(but it better not be anther ds) because that was just a cheap gimmick for the go

Message 5 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

Jun 27, 2005
I would like to have the ps3 and xbox 360 now, but since the x360 comes out first, the ps3 will be tweaked out and beat x360.
Message 6 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Jun 27, 2005

(PsP)Snake wrote:

im gonna pass up the 360, like i did the xbox.lol.

its because the xbox doesnt have much to offer, other than fps and a few goodies that i dont really care much to get the console for one game.

the ps3 in my eyes has the best package to offer because it gets the games that the others get first. and there not ports either. and im gonna probably get nintendos revolution if they can pull off some cool new way to play,(but it better not be anther ds) because that was just a cheap gimmick for the go

Every reason you listed is exactly what a close minded fanboy would say (1 game, PC port, gimmicks). Just tell the truth, you're not going to buy the X360 because you're a Sony fanboy.

Gamespot:

In other words, the rest of us non-fanboys are doomed to a life of playing the best games and enjoying our hobby, while you will have the luxury of being able to ignore the majority of games that come out, because they're not on your console. That is indeed very lucky for you all.
Message 7 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10927 posts

Jun 27, 2005
im not a fanboy, i just dislike the xbox. i love nintendo and pc games are ok, and i never stated that its a pc port. so im guessing your the fanboy that loves the box.

i was gonna get it, but instead spent my money for a new graphics card.

even if i dont play the pc games that much its a better buy than to own the ps2(that has most of those games that the xbox has), and the gamecube(that offers games like zelda,metroid, and mario you cant get on anyother console) , and also a xbox(that only has halo, and ninja gaiden, and dead or alive that i dont really care for)

dont get me wrong, halo is a great game, its just thats about the only game i see thats appealing on the xbox. and the 360 doesnt show much other than fps, that im not to fond of.

but sony has mgs, tekken, gt5, fight night, gta(that they always get first), and thats only the few im thinking of right now.

Message 8 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 27, 2005
Listen to me Snake as the owner of all 4 current gen consoles you don't know what you're missing out on.  You obviously have no idea what games are on the Xbox and you don't do any real research on games that are going to be on the Xbox 360.  Games on the PS3 that I'm interested in... MGS4... that's it and it's enough to make me buy the system, but it's really all I'm currently interested in, but if I did get the system for MGS4 then I'd obviously be opening myself up for other games that the system will be sure to have like the next God of War.  If you can pick up a Xbox for cheap like I got my PS2 for, you'll find a ton of awsome games that are only on that system for 20 bucks or less if you buy used copies.  Don't allow your mind to be closed off to another console because you "think" it doesn't have the games you want... you like racing it's got some really good racing games and tons of action games.  The Big Hurt is right though... don't be a fanboy man... instead of buying another crappy game for your PS2 that you've likely have all  the games you currently want on go and buy a Xbox at the pawn shop or ebay and enjoy some of the games like KotOR and Project Gothem Racing... Forza and Conker just to name a quick few.  The only problem I have with all four consoles is having enough ports to plug them in on -_-

Message Edited by Cueil on 06-27-2005 02:58 PM

Message 9 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Jun 27, 2005

(PsP)Snake wrote:
im not a fanboy, i just dislike the xbox. i love nintendo and pc games are ok, and i never stated that its a pc port. so im guessing your the fanboy that loves the box.

i was gonna get it, but instead spent my money for a new graphics card.

even if i dont play the pc games that much its a better buy than to own the ps2(that has most of those games that the xbox has), and the gamecube(that offers games like zelda,metroid, and mario you cant get on anyother console) , and also a xbox(that only has halo, and ninja gaiden, and dead or alive that i dont really care for)

dont get me wrong, halo is a great game, its just thats about the only game i see thats appealing on the xbox. and the 360 doesnt show much other than fps, that im not to fond of.

but sony has mgs, tekken, gt5, fight night, gta(that they always get first), and thats only the few im thinking of right now.

Sorry, it sounded a little harsh. It was meant as a jokeSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 29 (7 Views)
0 Likes