I mean i only have enough amazon credit for one
Message 2 of 12 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Re: fallout 3 vs mgs4

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Fallout 3 would give more bang for your buck, but the game is riddled with bugs and glitches. The story isn't well executed, but the concept and atmosphere make up for that.

Metal Gear Solid 4, on the other hand, doesn't have more than a few hours of gameplay, but makes up for that with many hours of very well done cutscenes. You would most likely be buying a game like this for the story alone.

Message 3 of 12 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

fallout 3 vs mgs4

Mar 8, 2013

Depends, like the person before me said, MGS4 is more about the story than the gameplay, when it does come down to the gameplay, its more about stealth than action, so it would be a game you have to be patient with.

Fallout 3 has bugs and glitches, yes, but none that make the game unplayable/unbeatable as ive beaten it several times on my PS3, Fallout 3 is more action oriented and has quite a few rpg elements in it as well, very big open world, and pretty challenging at times.

Honestly, you would get more out of your money with going for fallout 3, but thats coming from a person who enjoys gameplay more than story in video games. Everyones opinion is different, but I just didnt like MGS4's gameplay at all, sold it within the first week of buying it(like 4 years ago) and never bought it or thought about it again. I didnt think MGS4 was as good as the earlier installments either. 

How many amazon credits do you have anyway? Maybe I can help you get a game thats better than both of those combined and cheap too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 12 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I see both your points and am trying to decide over story or replayabillity, but my only problem with fallout is that i own skyrim and i have put a large amount of hours into it like many others, but i found it to lose its magic after a while with some quests feeling like chores instead of epic adventures. I havn`t however found the glitches everyone seems to be complaining about.
I have $15 amazon credit by the way
Message 5 of 12 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 24, 2013

definently FALLOUT 3

Message 6 of 12 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 24, 2013
MGS$ by far. I've seen fallout and to be honest yeah you would be playing longer but I CRIED when playing MGS4....That's sayin summin
I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 7 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Aug 24, 2013
I get why you would compare fallout and skyrim but really you shouldnt. Skyrim is great but i had the same feeling after about 500 hours, it was expected lol. Fallout 3 is in a different universe. You wont regret the purchase. If you dont play it youll be missing out on one of the best games youll ever play on your ps3. Nothing feels like a chore in that game. The quests are very very unique. Youll do things as crazy as using a shock collar on people to get them to do stuff, youll have choices like nuking entire towns or helping a certain race take over a hotel. Its fun and youll love it righr from the start.
Message 8 of 12 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Aug 24, 2013

necrobump

Message 9 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 24, 2013
MGS by far. Go for the platinum. Takes a ton of play throughs. Quite the challenge.
Message 10 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes