Dec 24 2012
By: shikigami78 First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

general ps3/ps vita question

3 replies 54 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

hey guys, i ordered a ps vita and while i was waiting for it i had this question:

i remember that some time ago 1 account could be set on 5 ps3 systems, then that number got reduced to 2 if i'm not mistake, i'd like to know if my ps vita will count as a registered system.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: general ps3/ps vita question

Dec 24, 2012

shikigami78 wrote:

hey guys, i ordered a ps vita and while i was waiting for it i had this question:

i remember that some time ago 1 account could be set on 5 ps3 systems, then that number got reduced to 2 if i'm not mistake, i'd like to know if my ps vita will count as a registered system.

thanks

Yes, a handheld system. Unless I'm mistaken you can have 2 PS3s AND 2 PSPs and 2 Vitas. I personally have 2 PS3s and 2 PSPs and I'm not over the activation limit.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 24, 2012
nice, thanks for the info
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

shikigami78 wrote:
nice, thanks for the info

It's not accurate. It's 2 hand helds total. Here's from the site.

PlayStation Knowledge Center
Advanced Search
Support RSS Feed
Activate / Deactivate a System on the PlayStation®Network
Was this answer helpful?

[PlayStation®Network] Updated 11/15/2012

When you download games, movies, add-ons, etc. from the PlayStation®Store, your system needs to be activated with your Sony Entertainment Network account. Additionally, each system used to download from the PlayStation®Store will also need to be activated with your Sony Entertainment Network account. In most cases, the system is activated automatically when content is downloaded.

• You will only be able to activate/deactivate your PS3 directly from the PS3 system.
  • The PSP and PS Vita can be activated from the PSP/PS Vita system, a PS3, or from a PC.
  • If you do not have access to a previously activated system to deactivate it, please refer to this article for information on how to deactivate it.

Activate/Deactivate

Click on the type of system below for instructions on how to activate/deactivate.

You can also watch the video below for instructions on activating / deactivating your system.

Maximum Number of Systems

There is a maximum number of systems that can be activated with one account which differs depending on the content.

For purchased/downloaded content before November 17, 2011 the number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Five (5) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

As of November 18, 2011, number of systems for activation is:

• For Game Content - Two (2) PS3 and/or portable systems

• For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) portable systems

You're still good though.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes