Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 29 2010
By: Da-Hedgie Uncharted Territory 1977 posts

>>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

22 replies 46 views Edited May 29, 2010

Dear Sony: I am here as a simple consumer, with a simple wish, the wish that you may grant the users the ability to remove their own trophies if they so wish.

I see that you(Sony) as well as maybe a number of other Playstation users may be asking yourselves as to why I may be proposing such a request? I have a few reasons as to why the feature would be necessary.

Note that this is not an attack on the real completionists, this is adding reasons why this feature would be a good addition, whether or not for this feature to be included with the premium PSN or for it to be patched in the future for the regular PSN users.

The trophy collectors, from the polls that I have seen, a large amount of them are completionists, so that means that and a lot of us enjoys the list of their trophies to be organized. And that is contradicted when the following things may occur when we simply cannot earn a full 100% trophy list. Here it is:

-The game contains online multiplayer trophies and the server have later been shut down by the developers or publishers for various reasons. Hosting online servers costs money, I get it, but perhapses that they shouldn't have made the online trophies to begean with if they weren't planning on keeping the servers up for more than a few years? For a game with online trophies, and with the servers being forever down would mean that the Platinum trophy, let alone a 100% list would be just impossible. And in the players eyes it should utterly unacceptable and the only solution to that so far is deleting the trophy list for the game if the player have already started on it.(Examples are: MLB 09: The Show, NBA 09: The Inside, Tom Clancy's Endwar and The Lord of the Rings: Conquest)

-The game contains glitched trophies and the developers have since made no plans to fix it

The title says it all, class act on the developers huh? The problem could be solved if the player have the ability to delete the list for that game and try not to remember he's everpurchased it.

(Examples is NBA 2K10. Though you can count Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and for the fact that the players who've played the game before downloading the patch which came out afterwards could never get the platinum trophy for the game itself)

-The DLC for the game is simply unattainable 

Now this may come in two forms, it could be that the DLC is simply not released for the country's/region's store even though the game itself was released in that region(Bioshock, Borderlands off the top of my head), or that the developers have taken it down(Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2). This will prevent the player from ever reaching the 100% in the trophy bars, even though they may have the platinum trophy for the game already. The Bioshock bar will forever remain at 84% for everyone who have bought the Asian copy unless the developers releases the DLC in the Asian region or Sony would allow it's users to delete their own trophies. And I am sure that there are many other examples out there.

-The Rentals, the friends, and others

For whatever reason, the player may pop in a game in their PS3, and as soon as they start up the game the trophy list will be engrained into the user's page and PSN, it could be that they've rented a game from a store or that their friends popped the game into their PS3 and just started playing it in the user's page, and a lot of other reasons such as renting a game with glitched trophies or trophies that are unattainable because the servers are now down permanently, for whatever reason, they are stuck with those, and they have no way to remove them though they may wish that they could.

I hope that Sony could read and consider this in the future. I would appreciate thoughts on this subject from the rest of the community as well.

Copypasta from the name changing message, I didn't change it as nothing needs to be changed.

If you support this idea, please post below. The more exposure, the more replies. The more replies, the bigger chance Sony addresses the issue! Maybe if we get enough supporters they will offer, at least, some type of customer support to make this possible.

Message 3 of 23 (46 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1303 posts

Re: The ability to remove your own trophies.

May 29, 2010

I completely agree with ALL of this!

However, it seems as though, throughout the dozen updates we've received for our PS3's, Sony hasn't really given any thought to enabling deletion of any of our trophy files...

Message 1 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Re: The ability to remove your own trophies.

May 29, 2010

Yeah i agree....i rented a few games and the amount of trophies I have on them are embarassing. And PAIN and SOCOM have impossible trophies! So pointless!

Message 2 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Re: >>Please add the ability to remove our own trophies!<<

May 29, 2010

To whom anyone who may be against this, let this be known that nothing bad can possibly happen to you if they do this, also it would be a good thing to include in the premium PSN.

Message 4 of 23 (46 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 29, 2010

I have never thought about deleting certain trophies but you made a lot of sense.  Especially with online trophies for games that you can no longer play online.  Sony should seriously consider this.  Kudos to you, Da-Hedgie!

Message 5 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 29, 2010

SONY: Supporting this, so what are you waiting for?

Message 6 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

May 29, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:

-The Rentals, the friends, and others

For whatever reason, the player may pop in a game in their PS3, and as soon as they start up the game the trophy list will be engrained into the user's page and PSN, it could be that they've rented a game from a store or that their friends popped the game into their PS3 and just started playing it in the user's page, and a lot of other reasons such as renting a game with glitched trophies or trophies that are unattainable because the servers are now down permanently, for whatever reason, they are stuck with those, and they have no way to remove them though they may wish that they could.

I agree with every thing that you said about.....  but the part about the friends issue, the PS3 has a feature that you can create anew user profile on the ps3 console so you do not have to worry about your friend inserting a game under your profile that will be posted to the psn severs so that every one may see what you play and or played. *** hope this has helped with that problem***

Message 7 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

May 30, 2010

YomikoKureha wrote:

I agree with every thing that you said about.....  but the part about the friends issue, the PS3 has a feature that you can create anew user profile on the ps3 console so you do not have to worry about your friend inserting a game under your profile that will be posted to the psn severs so that every one may see what you play and or played. *** hope this has helped with that problem***

Yes, thanks for the info, but there still people out there that still could use this if their friends already used their PSN to play the games.

That is still a reason to put it there.

Message 8 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

May 30, 2010

i agree!

Platinums: Burnout Paradise, Prototype 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse...
Message 9 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2972 posts

May 30, 2010
Don't forget games like Super Stardust HD. When you downloaded the demo, the trophy list pops up. I didn't enjoy the game enough to buy buy, the trophy list is still there.
Thanks to Pineapple7811 for sig
Photobucket
Message 10 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes