Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Re: honestly, ps vita sucks right now

Jul 4, 2013

kerry53421 wrote:

I won a free psp vita from the taco bell promotion which i was super happy about but theres no friggin games to play on it. or at least games WORTH playing on it. The only game im remotely thinking about getting that is available right now is Disgaea 3. But other than that i really dont use my vita right now. and i think remote play is just stupid. im not an expert on it or anything but i tried it out and pretty much all it does is let you play your ps3 games on your vita.....but...what use is that when i have to be near my ps3 and can instead play it on a bigger screen with an actual controller? If there are other features for remote play im missing please inform me on them.

Sorry this has just been a rant by me and just some things i wanted to get off my chest about the vita. Sony should not have released it if there weren't alot of games on it or at least some big name games.

You ungrateful, self-centered, entitled, little spoilt brat. If a Free console is causing you so much grief, sell it for "Free monies", or may be throw it from a building... The second action seems more inline with your inflated ego!

Message 81 of 96 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2498 posts

Jul 4, 2013

da1writer wrote:

(...) 

1) Vita has a great original library built up, I'm sorry if the tastes aren't yours, there are some great games.
1a) Uncharted Golden Abyss
1b) Gravity Rush
1c) Super Stardust Delta
1d) Wipeout 2048
1e) Guacamelee
1f) Little Big Planet
1g) Silent Hill Book of Memories
1h) Mutant Blobs Attack
1i) Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
1j) Soul Sacrifice
1k) Ragnarok Odysseus
1l) Little Kings Story
1m) Touch my Katamari
1n) Unit 13
1o) Virtues Last Reward
1p) Escape Plan
1q) Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
1r) Frobisher Says
1s) Chronovolt
1t) Bentley's Hack Pack
1u) Spy Hunter
1w) Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
1x) Thomas was Alone
1y) Urban Trial
1z) Sun Flowers

I'm going to assume that by "original" you meant "exclusives" so I just corrected the list as those I scratched are multiplatform releases, remakes or late releases (I also wouldn't call Sun Flowers a great game either, not with a straight face anyway)~.

The rest of the year isn't terrible with Dragon's Crown (even if it's multiplatform), KZM, Tearaway, Ys: Celceta and (hopefully) VK3. Also, with some luck gamescon will actually focus on the PSV and new announcements. Quite honestly, the system desperately needs them right now along with a price cut~.

Message 82 of 96 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 4, 2013

TripG wrote:
I didn't pay for dumb downed tech with my Vita. Yet, I'm getting games that look like they were made ten years ago. They're called indie games and its something that we as Vita fans, at least according to Sony, should be celebrating and jumping for joy over.

And yes, I do blame Sony for the lack of support and overall mismanagement of the Vita; they produced a phenomenal handheld and yet have utterly failed at marketing the device to the public. Would I go as far as saying the Vita sucks right now? No I wouldn't . But at this point in time, I certainly wouldn't recommend the Vita to anyone either. There is just too much uncertainty as to whether or not this device will succeed. And while the PS4 offers some interesting possibilities in terms of the Vita, it's far to early to say if any of that will actually pan out.

You fail right away in thinking all indie games look like games made10 years ago. The Vita is still getting great looking games like Rayman/Dragon's Crown,/Killzone, and no other handheld produces that kind of gameplay/graphics.

Obviously you are jaded, because Sony can't force a device into consumers hands no matter the marketing. The fact that they made the best handheld tech ever should go a long way in showing everyone (Including you) that Sony was committed from the get go, while THAT one factor is also the thing that hurt them the most = Price

You can't have yor cake and eat it too, because there are consequences to such actions. The remote PS4 play feature can't hurt the Vita's sales either, but only help, yet you are quick to dismiss that also. Pathetic, just sell the thing then. 

Message 83 of 96 (389 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4698 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Message 84 of 96 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 4, 2013
If anyone is complaining about price what is the problem with this bundle right here??? comes out next month... http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-wifi-3g-walking-dead-bundle/110479?gclid=C... People are you really complaining about the vita?

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 85 of 96 (365 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4698 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
If anyone is complaining about price what is the problem with this bundle right here??? comes out next month... http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-wifi-3g-walking-dead-bundle/110479?gclid=C... People are you really complaining about the vita?

While this sound like a great deal...you do know you're giving ammunition to the very people who feel the Vita is Failing. Juan will have a field day on this news as it solidifies his points that the PlayStation Vita is a port machine...

Message 86 of 96 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

I thought that once the devices were selling there would be less ports? Well here is your chance to buy it for a good price, Looks like its a good port anyway, enjoy and have fun!

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 87 of 96 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2498 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

da1writer wrote:
Awww... come on Juan, did you ever play SunFlower? It's a really fun game, don't judge it by its picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5asq9DeonY

Do you at least agree that Vita has a good sized library to choose from at least...

I didn't buy my PSV to play low budget iPhone games. Not that I'm judging but keep in mind that in this very same thread people were bashing inferior hardware and praising the PSV's potential while you are mentioning a game that could run on a DS as an example of a great game. It does sound contradictory. But if you check my trophy list (and not for the trophies but so you can get a feeling of the games I've played so far and how much I've played them) you'll see that my interest lies within the scope of Sony's initial promise: AAA / Console Quality games~.

I never disagreed in that the PSV has a significant number of games. Though how much you have to choose from depends on your taste. Somebody who comes from a PS3 / XBOX 360 will find that a lot of the games offered are games they've already played. Somebody like me who bought one hoping for console like games / RPGs doesn't have a sheer variety to choose from (yet). But I do acknowledge that there's a lot to choose from between new games, ports, indie games and remakes. But quantity doesn't necessarily mean much, it's up to each person~.

Like I said, I'm not satisfied with Sony and the treatment given to the PSV (paralelly, I'm impressed with the campaign on the PS4). I'm really hoping Gamescon will make me a believer again~.

Message 88 of 96 (339 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 5, 2013

want  Digimon World 3 in playstation store. please

Message 89 of 96 (333 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Yea man the Vita has tons of games on the PS Store but not many Vita titles. We need more of those but hey, better to have a few great games than lots of average ones. The vita has come a long way from its launch. It needs more things like a few of those games that are killer and just plain badass (pardon my curse as it is for emphasis). Like Last of Us but not exactly. Also wanting PS2 support with the GTA series on there. Now that would blow up sales to be able to play San Andreas anywhere you go. WOO! But that is what the Vita needs is more games, great games and some classic games cuz we all love classics.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 90 of 96 (318 Views)
0 Likes