Message 71 of 96 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Re: honestly, ps vita sucks right now

May 8, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

digitaldelimma wrote:

2 Analogs no good 1st person shooter. Blackops was horrible unit 13 is no good cause no vs multiplayer. No good rpg games like actually where you freeroam or make a unique cool character. No free roam games period. 2 analogs and all the psp games are one analog so who cares about 2 analogs if theres no good games for them. Soo many features sooo little use for any of them. The only thing i use my vita for is music unlimited. Not many apps for vita. Took forever just to get youtube **bleep** sony. Japan titles dont tickle my fancy. This is bad for Sony because i will not be buying a Playstation 4 until the new xbox comes out and i can completely compare both systems. I will not be stuck with another 300 dollar device that seems to be a paperweight. This system has so much potential. So many 1st person shooters could be played on the go. And even a mmorpg or a  good unique rpg game. Companys could really make out like bandits if they would program for this. But as for right now its the best and worst handheld gaming device on the market. So sad to see such hardware be condemned. The only worthy game in my opinion that i have payed for on this system is LBPvita. No other titles are worthy of my hard earned cash. So i agree with the guy that won a vita and says is sucks.

Wow, your first post here is necroing a thread with a blob of text nobody is going to read. Good job, troll!

You'd think someone with a business degree wouldn't be afraid of a little reading.  The troll comment was classy too.  The truth hurts, huh.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 96 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 8, 2013

Get PS+, you'll have plenty to play

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 96 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Yeah, I've been waiting on the big hitters for almost 2 years now. ..... Still waiting..... Look, I bought my Vita day one as I do all my consoles and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with the amount of QUALITY EXCLUSIVE RETAIL CONTENT available going into late 2013. Resistance? Garbage. CoD? Garbage. AC3? Mediocre. Yeah I bought Uncharted, that was decent, and I bought Wipeout 2048, Unit 13, and Gravity Rush. Yes, all worthy purchases, though none were fantastic. Tbh, Unit 13 was sub-par. It's just that CoD was so bad it made Unit 13 look great. Hell, I even bought Persona 4, Rayman Origins and Sonic Transformed, which were all enjoyable, but no more than ports or multiplats. Anyone who denies the Vita library and upcoming lineup is anything more than abysmal needs to wake up. Are you so blinded by your love of a corporate brand you can't even see the truth right in front of you? Look at PS2, PS3, or even the 3DS... now THOSE have great game libraries. And looks like PS4 will continue to have just as stunning a library as its predecessor. But the Vita? Sony's all but abandoned it. They throw it a bone here and there and call it "support". All of 2013 and the only exclusive games to look forward to are a mediocre Monster Hunter clone (Soul Sacrifice), a couple prior-gen ports (FFX and GoW), and Killzone Mercenary???!!! Granted, I'll concede they're bringing The Walking Dead at some point, even though it's not my particular cup of tea, and Vita will be getting Rayman Legends (thank God, I've already pre ordered it). Even so, you've got to be joking. And people here actually want to argue the point about this? Really? Ok, keep living in fantasy land, playing your "awesome Vita lineup", meanwhile I'll be gaming on my PS4, Wii U and 3DS until Sony actually decides to throw us more than one or two worthy titles per calendar year. And it sucks too cause games like Bioshock have SOOO much potential on Vita. I mean, could you imagine if they'd made The Last of Us Vita exclusive? See, THAT'S what I'm talkin about. Bring the BIG hitters, not this nickel and dime crap.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 96 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 4, 2013

To put all the blame on Sony is ignorant. 

They've had the PS4 to focus on, and the PsVita didn't take off to get the kind of support it deserves, or that Sony wanted. At least Sony made one Hell of an amazing handheld, and they are still supporting it - Killzone will be out in September along with many Indie games to come. However, for now the PS4 is FAR more important to Sony's success. So as the PS4 sells well, so will the Vita for the great remote feature. So give Sony a little more time because they always want to keep supporting their game products until the very end.

Yet, some people will never be happy, and would rather pay for dumb down tech that gets games that look like they were made 10 years ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 96 (288 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I didn't pay for dumb downed tech with my Vita. Yet, I'm getting games that look like they were made ten years ago. They're called indie games and its something that we as Vita fans, at least according to Sony, should be celebrating and jumping for joy over.

And yes, I do blame Sony for the lack of support and overall mismanagement of the Vita; they produced a phenomenal handheld and yet have utterly failed at marketing the device to the public. Would I go as far as saying the Vita sucks right now? No I wouldn't . But at this point in time, I certainly wouldn't recommend the Vita to anyone either. There is just too much uncertainty as to whether or not this device will succeed. And while the PS4 offers some interesting possibilities in terms of the Vita, it's far to early to say if any of that will actually pan out.
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 96 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Glad some people are bringing up stupid threads like this, it brings out the trolls or people who have extremely little patience. Some don't take a couple things into consideration at all.

1) Vita has a great original library built up, I'm sorry if the tastes aren't yours, there are some great games.
1a) Uncharted Golden Abyss
1b) Gravity Rush
1c) Super Stardust Delta
1d) Wipeout 2048
1e) Guacamelee
1f) Little Big Planet
1g) Silent Hill Book of Memories
1h) Mutant Blobs Attack
1i) Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
1j) Soul Sacrifice
1k) Ragnarok Odysseus
1l) Little Kings Story
1m) Touch my Katamari
1n) Unit 13
1o) Virtues Last Reward
1p) Escape Plan
1q) Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
1r) Frobisher Says
1s) Chronovolt
1t) Bentley's Hack Pack
1u) Spy Hunter
1w) Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
1x) Thomas was Alone
1y) Urban Trial
1z) Sun Flowers

2) Great Ports or cross play games that people rather over look but their loss.
2a) Jak and Daxter Collection
2b) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
2c) Persona 4 Golden
2d) Limbo
2f) Strangers Wrath HD
2g) Disgaea 3
2h) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
2i) Rayman Origins
2j) Retro City Rampage
2k) Sound Shapes
2l) Knytt Underground
2m) Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
2n) Ninjas Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
2o) Eric Mickey 2
2p) Plants vs Zombies
2q) Virtua Tennis 4
2r) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
2s) Need for Speed Most Wanted
2u) Hotline Miami
2v) Jet Set Radio
2w) Machinarium
2x) Puddle
2y) Quell Memento
2z) When Vikings Attack

3) Fantastic Fighting Games on the go too.
3a) PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal
3b) Dead or Alive 5 Plus
3c) Street Fighter x Tekken
3d) Mortal combat
3f) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
3g) BlazeBlue
3f) Guilty Gear XX

4) Many more Vita titles are coming, like Killzone Mercenaries, Tear away, and much more - some will be revealed at gamescom.

5) History Repeats every time, First year of a console or hardware is always slow (while I disagree about vita as there's tons of games but whatever right). PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, 3DS, PSP, Wii, and even Wii U fall in line as having a slow first year but picks up years after building a library anyone can enjoy. I'm pretty sure Xbox One and PS4 will fall in this category too even though no one wants to admit it (I see 5 potential game buys when they launch, that's it). The Vita is no different.

6) Indies are becoming a huge thing in PlayStation Platforms and its a group that seemed to be going pc only due to how Microsoft stomped the crap out of them on Xbox. When Indies see they can make money on the PlayStation Platforms, more will come and more big developers might join in.

7) PS4 is coming out and the focus is to make sure the launch is great on it. More so, almost all PS4 games will work on the Vita via Remote Play that has been improved (due to dedicated PS4 Hardware for streaming and Gaikai streaming software).

8) PlayStation Plus adds value to any of their platforms even the Vita. Free Games every month (Virtue Last Reward for instance is not purchasable in my city, PS+ gave it to me for free), automatic trophy syncs/updates/patches/cloud saves, early beta access, and giant game discounts ranging from 50% to 80% really improve your PlayStation experience including the Vita.

Some can sell the Vita short and say it is failing but to some of us do believe it's a great platform with already tons of great games to play and more are coming that we are looking forward to. PS4 is definitely going to give it a good shot in the arm as when the general public who buy the PS4 finds out they can play PS4 games away from the PS4 via the Vita, sales are going to jump. When that happens, there will be more Vita owners and more Vita owners will bring more game developers, and more game developers will bring more Vita games. Not many see this this way but a bright future is coming for the Vita, time is all that is needed...

@tripG He was referring to the 3ds for dumb down tech btw...

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 96 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 4, 2013

they have loads of ported games as to what i can see and collections but well at least it was free so no regret on a bad purchase 

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 96 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Jul 4, 2013

The only thing you can really do is wait for the bigger titles to inevitably release. Also, PS+ is a great pairing with the Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 96 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 4, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Some can sell the Vita short and say it is failing but to some of us do believe it's a great platform with already tons of great games to play and more are coming that we are looking forward to. PS4 is definitely going to give it a good shot in the arm as when the general public who buy the PS4 finds out they can play PS4 games away from the PS4 via the Vita, sales are going to jump. When that happens, there will be more Vita owners and more Vita owners will bring more game developers, and more game developers will bring more Vita games. Not many see this this way but a bright future is coming for the Vita, time is all that is needed...

@tripG He was referring to the 3ds for dumb down tech btw...

I sincerely hope that you are right in terms of a brighter future for the Vita. Btw, I would add one more thing to your list: Playstation Mobile. I'm honestly not a big fan of indie-type games, as evidenced by my original post, but I am trying to be somewhat open to it; I have found four Playstation Mobile titles that I really like. And because of that, I make a point in looking in that category on the PSN much more frequently than I had done so in the past. Now with news that Chaos Rings from Square-Enix might be heading our way via that route, there is even more to look forward to.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 96 (233 Views)