Highlighted
Aug 07 2013
By: RokoHunter Lombax Warrior 148 posts

how do you prefer your games physical or digital?

68 replies 533 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

i want to know which one you like more and why?

i like to own some digital games and i think it's the future of gaming but i have a slow internet connection which means i need forever to download the smallest game lol so i'm forced to buy the disc.

both have their advantages:

physical: you can take it anywhere with you (friend's house,cousins...) and you save up the agony of downloading and don't get a huge bill for internet usage.

neagtif: discs gets scratched,lost,stolen...

Digital: you get any game you like from the confort of your home anytime anywhere.

negatif: you lose everything if the hard disc is damaged or corrupted and you have to wait for long downloads to finish and also increase your internet bill.

both are great some people prefer to own something that they can touch and feel while others like to have a library of games installed on their console.

Message 1 of 69 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: how do you prefer your games physical or digital?

Aug 7, 2013
both are great but i perfer Physical cause when playstation servers is gone i can still play my games i can let a friend borrow it sell it or even break it i can do anythign i want with it
some games have awsome covers like dead island riptide red and black cover art looks bad **bleep** and loved tomb raider case too
look at xbox i try change a simple email address iand it bug out been 2 months still not fix and i had over 10 games digital games guess what i cant play any cause they not on my hard drive cause i cant log in my account and contact xbox for 3 weeks everyday all i get from them is they working on it and the advocary team will call me or email but this time around wont even buy a xbox and soley stick with playstation this time around if xbox fix it i dont care im through with xbox

i like having all game console soley on exclusive

i perfer physical but i know ill buy some digital games yet
Message 2 of 69 (523 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Personally, I prefer physical copies. All my life I've loved having a physical game collection and things cover art and collectors additions. Something about not having the game physically makes me feel like I don't really own it...

------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 69 (516 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9264 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I would always rather have a game on a disc, then have a digital copy of a game. With a game on a disc, if the game is terrible and you hate the game and never want to play the game again, you could sell the game for pennies on the dollar. Or you could use the disc as a coffee coaster, or you could use the disc to play "Air Hockey" with. Smiley Very Happy

how-to-eat-a-super-burger-in-1-second_159.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 69 (511 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Aug 7, 2013

both are good in their own right but i prefer physical

With a physical collection of games i have something to admire and be proud of 

i also like the feeling of going to the store and picking up a brand new game that you've been waiting for months to get your hands on, that excited hyped up feeling  i get when i drive to store all giddy and hoping there isn't to big of a line. driving home with it all excited looking at the cover and back of the case

i don't get that same feeling with digital games, i mean sure a game is a game no matter how you get it but slow downloading times and installing times just take it all away for me, depending on how big the game is i could be waiting severtal hours for a game to finish downloading and then i have to install when i could have just spend 30 minutes and went to the store and bought it there

With physical games you can also get posters or maps with the game like Bethesda and rockstar do with their games and you get the case maybe it's because i'm somewhat of a collector but i enjoy looking at all my games on the shelf

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."
Squall Leonhart
Message 5 of 69 (509 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I prefer digital now.

The only drawbacks though are:
- you get hacked and sony decides not to help, you lose EVERYTHING.
- You lose your internet access due to ISP issues or shutoff, you lose everything.
- All is tied to an account and not really "Yours".
Message 6 of 69 (508 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I for one love box art and holding it in my hands when I get it from amazon

KZMProductionsGT
Message 7 of 69 (493 Views)
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I will always pick physical over digital, unless the only way to get the game is digital only. I like seeing and touching my collection  of games. I like to stack my games up and make a little library to look at whenever I have friends over. I won't get that satisfaction with digital. If my ps3 die's again, I can just get a new one and just play my old games without having to download everything again. I do see the convenience of digital but I love holding my collection in my hands.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 69 (487 Views)
MVP Support
12464 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

I prefer physical copies of video games to digital copies. If you take care of your video games then "scratched discs" aren’t an issue. This seems to be one of the main arguments against physical copies. In my honest opinion, there aren’t very many advantages to owning digital copies of video games.

There were some really good posts made about this topic last month (i.e., ones that turned out to be posts of the week):

Re: I love opening my $60 game

By DanSD on 07-07-2013 at 11:08 PM Mountain

Check out DanSD’s post for reasons why purchasing digital copies of video games might be beneficial.

Re: PlayStation 4: Full Digital?

By Jdurg on 07-26-2013 at 09:00 AM Mountain

Check out Jdurg’s post for reasons why purchasing physical copies of video games might be beneficial.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 9 of 69 (480 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Aug 7, 2013

A game in the hand is worth 2 in the clouds IMO.

Message 10 of 69 (463 Views)