MVP Support
40573 posts

Re: how do you prefer your games physical or digital?

Aug 7, 2013

Being a Plus Subscriber I get loads of games digitally, that's fine, I have no issue with that, but when I buy games, new games they are always physical copies, I also never pre-order games from the PS Store, they take too long to download, I can get them sooner from a highstore store or Amazon & if the HDD fails you're pretty much ******!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 11 of 69 (640 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks guys for the answer so i guess physical it is which will save us time of downloads and installations and to have a large library of games to be proud of :;
Message 12 of 69 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Physical disc for me every time unless it's not an option. There are just way too many benefits for a retail copy. They go on sale much faster, can be traded in or sold and I like not having to wait for a download to play.

Thanks to the perfect storm of a good Gamestop trade in deal and MS pissing me off with the X1, I traded in 60% of my 360 collection to presale my PS4. It's paid off in full and I still have $100 extra in credit. The best part is I only lost $3-$5 per game and even got more than I paid for some thanks to getting good deals on most of them. I couldn't have done any of this with digital.
Message 13 of 69 (637 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Im going full digital copy only this gen, just so i dont have to switch discs, worry about bluray drive going bad.

plus im ocd and when i have downloaded games and disc games it drives me crazy. like on my ps3 i have some of both and it drives me crazy because of the mixture, wish it was one or the other not both.
Message 14 of 69 (633 Views)
Wastelander
654 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I prefer digital games, for the same reasons I no longer purchase music CDs.  Primarily, convenience.

Message 15 of 69 (623 Views)
Last Guardian
9266 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

bricks-and-mortar.jpg

Brick & Mortor for me. I like the boxes and I can trade me used games after I am done. If I download can't trade them in or sell them to others.

Also they don't give you the new games cheaper to reflect the fact they are using less materials to produce the game. They don't pass off the savings to me. They pocket it for them. Not to fair..Printing costs money the discs. etc. I believe the want to control the market so no one can trade there games or share an old game with a friend. We might not all like the out come soon. Beware. Here is an example how video killed the radio star..watch the clip..so downloading might kill the game store..just an example. You decide

Message 16 of 69 (621 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Aug 7, 2013
@Sweet2525 you have a great point
Message 17 of 69 (611 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7022 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

i like physical more they download faster , plus collector value, alot games you will not get on  digital that were this generation to start .

But i do like digital games if its a indie dev. I really dont buy AAA+ 3rdparty  digital games, unless its really worth it or an exclusive deal with no chance of a physical copies.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 18 of 69 (598 Views)
Sackboy
464 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Physical for me as well. Digital ONLY if it's not available in the physical format. I like the collection value,  and having a library of games (as well as movies, music cd's and books). I want to eventually have hundreds of shelves filled with all the media I can get a hold of! The only other time I buy digital over physical is if it is out of print and selling used for $80 bucks or higher on like eBay or something, then I would get the $10 to $20 digital copy.  But I don't see much of that happening in the PSN store (rare out of print games that is, sure they have silent hill on ps1 but it's only like about $30 bucks used on Ebay).

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 19 of 69 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Aug 7, 2013

It depends on the game.  Me and my wife both have PS3's so if the game has a strong multiplayer component I usually get the digital version so we can play together. The ability for two consoles to share digital games on the PS3 makes this an easy choice.  I would say more then half the digital games I have bought would never have been purchased if not for this feature ( <3 Sony).   Digital is also nice for when I see a couple friends playing the same game online.  I don't have to get up and throw the disk in only to find out they left the game while I was mucking about swapping discs.  That being said I prefer physical copies overall, and most of my games are disc based.

photo lainer_zps236ea951.jpg
Message 20 of 69 (559 Views)
0 Likes