Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: how many PS Vitas can i have on one psn account?

Feb 9, 2012

So is there anything we can do if we have purchased some of our PSP/PS Classic games under different accounts?

I have a couple of games I bought under my original account, then wanted to change my name so I created a new account, under that account I bought a couple of games also. PS classic games and PSP games. I heard that the vita can only have one account on a memory card, so does that mean I can only have one accounts games on my vita?

Message 11 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4057 posts

Feb 9, 2012

It's not entirely clear if what you are wanting to do will work or not. It's definitely 1 account on the Vita, it's tied to the card, so then it begs the question of "Can I then use different cards with different PSN ID's in the Vita?"

I am hoping so. It would make a difference, that's for sure.

Message 12 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13423 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

It's not entirely clear if what you are wanting to do will work or not. It's definitely 1 account on the Vita, it's tied to the card, so then it begs the question of "Can I then use different cards with different PSN ID's in the Vita?"

You can, yes.

But you have to factory reset your Vita each time you insert the different card.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Feb 10, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

You can, yes.

But you have to factory reset your Vita each time you insert the different card.

Correct, IGN has a video on how to do it, and it takes 10 minutes or so to do the reset, you then have to redo all your wifi settings etc again, and redo your wallpaper and icons the way you wanted them etc. It's a horrible pain in the rear =/

As far as game sharing goes, we cannot compare the Vita's system to the PSP's, the PSP worked on the old 5 system limit which linked the system or psn accounts, the Vita uses both at the same time so even retail cart games get locked to the active account, and would have to be factory reset to be used on a friends vita.

Sony really should post a nice clear explaination as to how it all works, so for we are relying on tests done by people in Japan with their vitas, and we all know how good forum answers can end up lol.

What we do know for sure, is that it's 2 vitas per account. As far as the game sharing aspect, it's a bit of a grey area, we can't confirm completely or deny that it will be locked to one or the other, online definitely, offline might be workable. Again this might only work for digital content, we don't know how the physical cards react yet (do they base it off the system, trigger a reset? or is it just the account only that is needed)

Once I get my paws on my wife and mine, I can test it all out and give a final answer, but that might be a week or two with the way they ship things in canada =/

Message 14 of 21 (2,338 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Feb 10, 2012

As for downloaded games, if you have 2 vitas on the account and lets say 2 psp's on the account, only 2 of those 4 handhelds will be able to play the downloads you purchased after Nov 18th, 2011. Sony changed the rules on how many handhelds can play the downloads to hinder game sharing. Vita's and psp's are considered handhelds by sony and only 2 of the 5 handhelds you can have registered account will be able to play the content you download. So you can still game share but only on 2 of the handhelds you own. Sony has a specific website you can access your account and pick wich handhelds you want to run the games on and to be able to remove any old handhelds that you no longer have. But be carefull because you can only make the changes once ever 6 months.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 15 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6430 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Glad this doesn't affect me. Only use one account. That's all I need.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 16 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 11, 2012

I'm going to be the only user of my Vita. That said I have four accounts on my PS3 at present. My main one is my UK account as that's where I live but I also have US, Japanese and Hong Kong accounts mainly for demos. I'm hoping I can have all four accounts and content from all four on my memory card as I'm getting a 32GB one. If it means I have to go through this process every time to switch accounts so be it. I will have a secondary 8GB memory card so I may well use that for the other three accounts and use the 32GB solely for my UK account. I've also got $100 worth of PSN cards for the US PSN store so I would like to use those if possible. If its proves to be impractical for the Vita I'll just use them for my PS3 as on there it's not an issue switching accounts.

Message 17 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4057 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Factory reset isn't really it. It's "deactive" and "restore" process ... sure you can kwibble about it, what it's called, but it's less painful than the IGN video to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVanpzSXwuk

If you are one person, you can have multiple accounts on one card or multiple cards; or one account on one card or multiple cards

Hopefully Sony will see the value in this and give us faster method since many people may be sharing one device, or some people have different amounts of PSN ID's

I see how it can be easy for my house, I was the only digital buyer and my stuff went onto all the PSP's ... all those old games, most were bought pre-Nov-2011 so I can have them on up to 5 devices. This will enable my son to still have that junk on his PS Vita. It's not trophy-able so it doesn't matter, just like it didn't with a PSP.

Here's a written post about the same sort of process: It has better ideas at the end on how to make it less painless for future restores.

http://www.destructoid.com/how-to-use-ps-vita-with-more-than-one-psn-account-218688.phtml

Message 18 of 21 (2,337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 19, 2013
Once you download a game it downloads it to the system, you just have to install it to the other account and you can both play it.
Message 19 of 21 (1,879 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

May 19, 2013

I can still play the psp games I bought before the policy change on 5 psp systems so long as I do not try to put and games I bought after the policy change on more than 2 systems. It would be nice of Sony to seperate the Vita and PSP when it comes to system activation. IMO they are loosing more money than they are saving by limiting us to only 2 portable systems, since I have 4 people in my household that play.

Message 20 of 21 (1,877 Views)
0 Likes