Jul 07 2013
By: bob-maul Welcoming Committee 14612 posts

inFAMOUS Vita: How would you do it?

20 replies 244 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

First off, inFAMOUS is my favorite franchise on the PS3. I love the first game and I believe the sequel improved on it in almost every way. 

But, another step that could be taken is this: A handheld game. Now, I understand that this is not necessarily going to happen, but it has been thrown around as a hopeful game in the future. 

My question is this: What would the game have as part of its story, gameplay, controls, and graphics? 

PLEASE use **SPOILER** tags if you are posting story info from the two PS3 games.

My Ideas:

*SPOILERS* My idea is to use the evil ending as the beginning of the game and have you play as a conduit that is going after Cole (The Beast) and you must fight conduits along the way. Now, there are some kinks to work out since the second game showed off A LOT of potential conduits. I think it would be an interesting story to incorporate.

For controls, use touch to switch to other powers instead of a clunky "weapon" wheel. Maybe use touch as a way to drain energy (depending on the character's power) from certain places since there is no R2 on Vita and because it allows more precision when you want to drain from a specific item.

Obviously graphical limitations would be a large constraint, so I think adding loading times would help greatly. You would put them on each bridge between parts of the city. Also, cutting the amount of enemies on the screen may help. OBviously trying to keep to the franchise is important, though, so other limitations would have to exist.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 1 of 21 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: inFAMOUS Vita: How would you do it?

Jul 7, 2013
I wouldn't.
Message 2 of 21 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
I wouldn't.

Clarify! I know there are reasons not to want it. Namely that it could not compare to the console games. Resistance Retibution is one of the best games on PSP and it was much smaller than its console counterparts. Now, I understand that the genres differ between inFAMOUS and Resistance, but I also feel it would still work. The Vita is much closer to PS3 quality visuals than the PSP was and I think there are plenty of ways to hide the Vita's shortcomings.

Message 3 of 21 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Well, the vita is massively overpriced, expensive to develop for, has overpriced memory cards, etc.

Thats why. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 21 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Well, the vita is massively overpriced, expensive to develop for, has overpriced memory cards, etc.

Thats why. Smiley Tongue

So....because you do not have one Smiley Tongue

The development costs are find. The memory cards should have been cheaper/put in box. The price cut will hopefully come in August at Gamescom.

Message 5 of 21 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 8, 2013
How much do you think the dev costs are? Smiley Tongue

Look it up. Thats not "Fine".
Message 6 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jul 8, 2013
My idea is to just make a port of infamous 1 and 2 and maybe add like touch screen controls /rear touch pad controls. That'd be cool.
Message 7 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Thats why. Smiley Tongue

Why do you troll every Vita topic if you hate it so much? I think you're just envious.

Vita is priced just fine, development is NOT costly at all (you clearly haven't a clue), but yes, memory cards are overpriced.

Congrats, you got 1 out of 3 correct.

As for inFamous, it may be hard to do the open-world nature of the game, but maybe something a bit smaller on scale like AC3L.

Message 8 of 21 (212 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Jul 8, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
My idea is to just make a port of infamous 1 and 2 and maybe add like touch screen controls /rear touch pad controls. That'd be cool.

I am not in favor of doing that, but I feel I would not be able to help myself from buying them -_-'

Message 9 of 21 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 8, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
How much do you think the dev costs are? Smiley Tongue

Look it up. Thats not "Fine".

I did. It's more than "Fine".

Message 10 of 21 (174 Views)