Jun 28 2005
By: Liquidspeed Treasure Hunter 6545 posts

integers....

4 replies 4 views Edited Jun 28, 2005
wut is their impact in gameplay?? Ms claims that the xbox360 has 3X integer performance of ps3. They take this using the philosiphy that because the xbox 360 has 3 cores vs 1 ps3 core that it has 3x integer performance. However they fail to take into consideration the 7 spe@ 3,2ghz wut do u guys think???
Message 1 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15688 posts

Re: integers....

Jun 28, 2005

stl.gangster wrote:
wut is their impact in gameplay?? Ms claims that the xbox360 has 3X integer performance of ps3. They take this using the philosiphy that because the xbox 360 has 3 cores vs 1 ps3 core that it has 3x integer performance. However they fail to take into consideration the 7 spe@ 3,2ghz wut do u guys think???

Microsoft claims this
Sony claims that
Nintendo claims whatever
Bob Barker claims "The Price is Right!"

It really doesn't matter what people claim, just wait until you actually play them to judge.

Btw, if you didn't know - ALL computing is numbers.

You pressing the "a" key is translated into a series of numbers which the processor reads.
Message 2 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6545 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,gigablade77 wrote:

,stl.gangster wrote:

Microsoft claims this
Sony claims that
Nintendo claims whatever
Bob Barker claims "The Price is Right!"

hehe

Message 3 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jun 28, 2005
I wish I knew! I'm tired of all this talk about which is more important because I have read nothing conclusive.

I can program 2D games pretty good and I can tell you that there are very few floating point calculations involved in your basic 2D game. When it comes to 3D games... phreak! Movement in a 3D game along the X,Y, and Z axis requires a lot of floating point calculations.

Yeah basic game code is basically all integers (in fact, a programmer will probably never input a variable as a floating point unless it is a constant), but when movement along a 3D axis and complex physics are thrown into the mix, floating point calculations come into play more often than an integer would.

cout << OSUbowen
Message 5 of 5 (4 Views)
0 Likes