Feb 16 2011
By: xjordan93 Sackboy 464 posts

is this gonna be a new trend?

12 replies 23 views Edited Feb 16, 2011

ps+ gets free stuff but then a month later its free to everyone. same with discounts. there have been many games that are discounted then they put it on a sale page a few weeks later. but now sam & max?! they made a big deal about giving it to us free, and now its free to everyone!??! im starting to like ps+ a lil less now. ive been a fan since it came out...

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Re: is this gonna be a new trend?

Feb 16, 2011

Sam & Max isn't free for everyone, where did you get this information?

Message 2 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Feb 16, 2011

nevermind, i went under another account and it wasnt free. but in my defense there was no plus symbol or writing on the games so it just said free...my bad

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 16, 2011

I know you said "never mind" or my bad, or whatever, but I think it is fair that PS+ subscribers get some games or demos first (or a better discount) before the rest of the PSN subscriber base.  Seems like a decent PS+ perk to me to get something at a better discount or first for 1-4 weeks (or whatever).

Message 4 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Some stuff we get cheaper or free before everyone else.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 5 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Coming from a non playstation plus subscriber, I gotta quick question.. I was considering signing up for playstation plus, but wasn't exactly sure it was for me... I know I don't get too much online content, but if it saved me a good amount of money on a few of the things I do get online, then maybe it is worth it.. Anybody know what things they mainly have offered for playstation plus members, and if the discounts are worthy of the monthly fee? Another thing.. Has playstation plus been a success..? I haven't heard much about it and I know it's been out for some time now.. Do you think they would have been better off if they had it as a beta first..? Similar to how they have the playstation rewards program as a beta now.. Just a thought.lol. Thanks!

Message 6 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Check out this link for a list of everything PS+ has offered ...

Has PS+ been a success?  There is another thread around here about PS+ subscriber base hitting 100K.  To be honest, I am not sure if that is for US + UK/EU, or just US.  I am not sure what Sony's targets are, so it is hard for me to say if Sony considers PS+ a success; however I can say that I have been happy with the service.

Would PS+ have been better if it started as a beta?  I think the first 3 months were more or less a paid beta. 

Message 7 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Feb 16, 2011

They can't hold back content if there a market for it outside of PS+ peeps

It was pretty easy to see the deals plus got would filter down to non plus people after a couple weeks.

Wants Timesplitters 4 Smiley Sad *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank Smiley Very Happy *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Actually Sony could hold back content by making certain items PS+ exclusive, however I doubt they will do that anytime soon except for avatars and themes.

I think getting games, demos, etc exclusive for 1+ weeks before the rest of the PSN users is a nice perk. I remember when Move support was added to HVB, PS+ subscribers received it 2-4 weeks before everyone else. And of course there was gnashing of teeth ...

Message 9 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 16, 2011

xjordan93 wrote:

ps+ gets free stuff but then a month later its free to everyone. same with discounts. there have been many games that are discounted then they put it on a sale page a few weeks later. but now sam & max?! they made a big deal about giving it to us free, and now its free to everyone!??! im starting to like ps+ a lil less now. ive been a fan since it came out...

Photobucket

Imo, ps+ seems a waste of money.  It doesn't enhance my gaming experience, I don't care for these "free" things because I have GameFly, and it doesn't even offer xgc. WASTE

parrisgg Trophy Card
Message 10 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes