Message 21 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Re: just wan't to clear the sky for the ps3

Jun 7, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,bobakadush wrote:
they seem to be a similar in power. xbox has more RAM(512 MB) while PS3 now has(256 MB) but the PS3 has the cell processor so the games will be faster and better paced. it will be just like PS2 and Xbox, PS2 is faster but Xbox has a bit better graphics. ,

Both have 512 MB of ram.  Ram is not a problem for both consoles.  Both consoles will have enough ram but MS is trying to make people think that PS3 won't have enough of ram.  I am guessing you got confused by MS's article on X360 vs PS3.  This is exactly what I ment in my previous post.  People who believed MS will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will be the best console.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-06-2005 04:43 PM

at least SOMEONE knows what ms is doing trying to twist information around, Llama Herder for teh win
Photobucket
Message 22 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 7, 2005

SOCOM kid wrote:

Llama Herder wrote:

bobakadush wrote:
they,seem to be a similar in power. xbox has more RAM(512 MB) while PS3 now,has(256 MB) but the PS3 has the cell processor so the games will be,faster and better paced. it will be just like PS2 and Xbox, PS2 is,faster but Xbox has a bit better graphics.

Both,have 512 MB of ram.  Ram is not a problem for both,consoles.  Both consoles will have enough ram but MS is trying to,make people think that PS3 won't have enough of ram.  I am,guessing you got confused by MS's article on X360 vs PS3.  This is,exactly what I ment in my previous post.  People who believed MS,will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will be the best console.

at least SOMEONE knows what ms is doing trying to twist information around, Llama Herder for teh win

lmao
,You guys are hilarious.
,Yes, believe whatever Sony says, they are god and would never lie to their loyal abiding fans.....
,They are both the same, get over it.
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi

Message 23 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,Batista20 wrote:

,SOCOM kid wrote:

,Llama Herder wrote:

,bobakadush wrote:
they seem to be a similar in power. xbox has more RAM(512 MB) while PS3 now has(256 MB) but the PS3 has the cell processor so the games will be faster and better paced. it will be just like PS2 and Xbox, PS2 is faster but Xbox has a bit better graphics. ,

Both have 512 MB of ram.  Ram is not a problem for both consoles.  Both consoles will have enough ram but MS is trying to make people think that PS3 won't have enough of ram.  I am guessing you got confused by MS's article on X360 vs PS3.  This is exactly what I ment in my previous post.  People who believed MS will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will be the best console.

lmao

You guys are hilarious.

Yes, believe whatever Sony says, they are god and would never lie to their loyal abiding fans.....

They are both the same, get over it.

Having problem with reading? 

I just said both will have enough ram.  I didn't tell people to believe everything Sony says, I am just telling people not to believe everything MS says, especially when they are manipulating numbers trying to make their competetion look bad.
Message 24 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Jun 7, 2005
But there is always a possibility that Sony wont enhance the PS3  and instead focus on something else like online...Even if they don't the graphics look the same to me for 360 and PS3 it's only left to the type of games,
Message 25 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,TGHHH wrote:
But there is always a possibility that Sony wont enhance the PS3  and instead focus on something else like online...Even if they don't the graphics look the same to me for 360 and PS3 it's only left to the type of games ,

X360 is coming out in less than 5 months.  PS3 is still one year away.,
Message 26 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 7, 2005

Llama Herder wrote:

Batista20 wrote:

SOCOM kid wrote:

Llama Herder wrote:

bobakadush wrote:
they,seem to be a similar in power. xbox has more RAM(512 MB) while PS3 now,has(256 MB) but the PS3 has the cell processor so the games will be,faster and better paced. it will be just like PS2 and Xbox, PS2 is,faster but Xbox has a bit better graphics.

Both have 512 MB of ram.  Ram is not a problem for both consoles.  Both consoles will have enough ram,but MS is trying to make people think that PS3 won't have enough of,ram.  I am guessing you got confused by MS's article on X360 vs,PS3.  This is exactly what I ment in my previous post. ,People who believed MS will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will,be the best console.

lmao

You guys are hilarious.

Yes, believe whatever Sony says, they are god and would never lie to their loyal abiding fans.....

They are both the same, get over it.

Having problem with reading? 

I,just said both will have enough ram.  I didn't tell people to,believe everything Sony says, I am just telling people not to,believe everything MS says, especially when they are manipulating,numbers trying to make their competetion look bad.

No, Im reading fine, its you who is misreading.
,I was refering to them as companies, not as consoles.
,Notice how their was no mention of consoles?
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi

Message 27 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 7, 2005

ok i noticed quite a few xbox,fans on here **bleep**ing about how the ps3's demos were not using the,real ps3's power and microsoft want's us to believe that the ps3 will,be inferior to the 360 but this is indeed wrong. sure they tell you,that sony is  using other technology to power the demo's but what,they dont't tell you is that the proccesor used to power them is 10,times less powerful than the real processor that sony is going to be,using for the ps3 so that means these games should look even better on,the ps3 than what they looked in the demo's. and now i believe it's,time to reveal the 360 sharade guess what system was powering there 360,demos thats right none other than apple G5's lol microsoft using apple,computers to power there games sounds like good old Bill gates was,afraid of his technology crashing on him again lol this isnt a thread,comparing the systems  or anything I writting it to inform people,not to believe all the B*ll Sh*t that microsoft spews.

Sorry,to bust your bubble buddy. but the PS3 demos were not even run on the,same technology that the PS3 is going to use . . . considering the Cell,is still in developement.  They do not tell us that the processor,is 10 times less powerful than the Cell, because noone knows the true,power of the Cell.  It is still in developement.  There has,been tests and theories, but that is it.  The 360 demos were run,on heavily modified Apple G5's.  Apple uses the same processor,that the 360 is going to use.  Why would they run the demos on,something that is not similar to what they have.  The only reason,Sony did it, is because they have nothing yet.

MS,had to make the PS3 look bad.  MS knows if people don't buy the,X360 before PS3 comes out, they will probably never buy a X360,again.  MS is trying to confuse people and make sure that enough,X360 are sold before PS3 launch.

Yeah,,Katarugi did not try and make the 360 look bad.  It is all,marketing.  At least MS's executives do not have to stoop to petty,name calling like elementary kids.

People who believed MS will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will be the best console.

Will it be the best console at launch?  Hrmmm . ..  considering it is launching alone, I believe it will be.

yea,i hear ya but i have a feeling sony is going to make a few changes,before the ps3 is released and i think they'll make it more powerful,yet.

History likes repeating itself.  This time, it does not seem it is for the better.

and yet it STILL looked weaker than the PS3....ATI and Microsoft are on a roll!!

Apparently,you never read ign's reviews of the 360 GAMES that were PLAYED behind,closed doors.  All PS3 had was CGI and tech demos.  Oh, and,then they try and lie and say the CGI is ingame.  Weaker?  I,highly doubt it.  Both systems will be on par with each,other.  It is the games that will make the difference.

ok,one i'm no fanboy i actually own all three systems right now but why,waste 400 or 500 on a 360 when i think we all know ps3 will be more,worth it and still even if they were using an alpha dev kit  the,ps3 is using stuff thats barely beta technology so really think about,it  i'm not arguing my point anymore i'm just goin to say if you,want to waste your money on the 360 go ahead but i'm sure by the spring,we'll see who has the better console

Err . . . you do not,venture off of these forums too much, do you?  It is already,stated that the 360 will cost in the vicinity of $300.  Same as,this generation.  Now PS3 with all this new beta products . . .,that is where the high pricetag comes in.

You,mean like minor nelson's blog halo box's fanboys had wood over.,Microsoft likes to pull the numbers game. They like to 'trick' people,into thinking something that its not. That was the whole point to the,title '360'. Because they didnt want it to look inferior to the PS3 by,calling it a '2'. They also pull the same thing making the less,technically minded think each of the 3 processor cores runs at 3.2 Ghz,,thereby totaling 9.6 Ghz! Gimmie a freakin break.

You mean,like the THEORETICAL specs that Sony showed you guys.  If MS like,to pull the numbers games, then why did Sony wait utnil after MS,released their numbers?  Why?  Just to add a few numbers to,their THEORETICAL specs.  MS likes to trick people.  I do not,recall MS actually not delivering on everything they promised for the,XBOX.  In fact, they overdelivered.  Sony?  Nope. ,Where are my Toy Story graphics?  How about my Matrix-like online,play?  Oooh . . . the PS2 is a supercomputer!  Oh . . . I am,sorry.  It wasn't.  They lied to you . . . they tricked,you.  The "360" thing is all marketing, and that is true.  No,one said that they ran at 9.6 Ghz.  It has 3 CPU's running in,tandem with each other.  Where did you hear that they added,up?  No one I know even thought that!

Yeah...SEGA,did a very similiar thing with their graphic chip on the,Dreamcast...combined two 64bit chips to give it 128bit,capability....look where it got them.

Sega's graphical,prowess was actually far better than the PS2's.  The reason they,are where they are was 1.)  Lack of money.  The DC was their,last ditch effort to stay afloat.  2.)  Lack of 3rd party,support.  The games make the console.  3.)  Sony's,over-hype.

belive me i'm no fanboy but in,all honesty and fairness sony is on top of this video game sh*t they,got the games the x box had the power but this time around the ps3 has,the games and power so honestly it just makes sense for me to buy the,ps3

What games do they have that the 360 will not have?

GT - ALmost every review say that Forza is better
FF - oops . . . coming to the 360!
GTA - wow . . . contract is up!
DMC - We have Ninja Gaiden.

What else?  The only thing that I can think of is Resident Evil.  Big deal.

And,for all who think that MS twists things . . . open the blinders at look,at Sony.  Remember the Emotion Engine?  It was as hyped as,the Cell . . . was not that great.

XBOX fanboy?  No.  Own a PS2?  Yes.  I like the sytem that gives me the games I want, and that is the XBOX.

Oh, and to the original poster.  You did not clear any skies. 

=================================================================
P.ride
I.ntegrity
G.uts
Remember the Toy Story graphics on a machine more powerful than a 733Mhz PC, with online capabalities that would make you feel like you are in the Matrix? I do. It was called XBox.
Sony Products=Overhyped/under-provide
Message 28 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Jun 7, 2005

xPIGx wrote:

(smart reply here)

Best.Newb.Post.Evar.
,That was very thought out, good job.
Draggin
Message 29 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,xPIGx wrote:

And for all who think that MS twists things . . . open the blinders at look at Sony.  Remember the Emotion Engine?  It was as hyped as the Cell . . . was not that great.

XBOX fanboy?  No.  Own a PS2?  Yes.  I like the sytem that gives me the games I want, and that is the XBOX.

Oh, and to the original poster.  You did not clear any skies. 

Emotion Engine was all hype?  Tell me which 5+ year old PC that is able to run GT4 in 1080i with 60 frames per second.

Heck, even todays PC will have problem running GT4 in 1080i with 60 fps.

EE is a powerful processor.  It's been 5 years and it's still going strong.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-07-2005 12:05 AM

Message 30 of 63 (43 Views)
0 Likes