Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
448 posts

Re: just wan't to clear the sky for the ps3

Jun 7, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,xPIGx wrote:

And for all who think that MS twists things . . . open the blinders at look at Sony.  Remember the Emotion Engine?  It was as hyped as the Cell . . . was not that great.

XBOX fanboy?  No.  Own a PS2?  Yes.  I like the sytem that gives me the games I want, and that is the XBOX.

Oh, and to the original poster.  You did not clear any skies. 

Emotion Engine was all hype?  Tell me which 5+ year old PC that is able to run GT4 in 1080i with 60 frames per second.

Heck, even todays PC will have problem running GT4 in 1080i with 60 fps.

EE is a powerful processor.  It's been 5 years and it's still going strong.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-07-2005 12:05 AM

aparently most people forget even though the current x-box has better graphics the ps2 has the better processor

Message Edited by Grifter on 06-07-2005 09:46 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,unstoppable_killer wrote:

,Llama Herder wrote:

,xPIGx wrote:

And for all who think that MS twists things . . . open the blinders at look at Sony.  Remember the Emotion Engine?  It was as hyped as the Cell . . . was not that great.

XBOX fanboy?  No.  Own a PS2?  Yes.  I like the sytem that gives me the games I want, and that is the XBOX.

Oh, and to the original poster.  You did not clear any skies. 

Emotion Engine was all hype?  Tell me which 5+ year old PC that is able to run GT4 in 1080i with 60 frames per second.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-07-2005 12:05 AM

aparently most people forget even though the current x-box has better graphics the ps2 has the better processor

I could see that being true if you compare the Emotion Engine to the P3/Celeron in the Xbox, but the Emotion Engine does graphics and general purpose CPU stuff.  If you want to compare the Emotion Engine to the Xbox "processor," you have to include the Nvidia GPU.  In that case, no one would argue that the PS2 has the better processor.  Well, except mabye Kutaragi.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 7, 2005
,Emotion Engine was all hype?  Tell me which 5+ year old PC that is able to run GT4 in 1080i with 60 frames per second.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-07-200512:05 AM

,null,

Tell you which 5 year old PC is able to run that?  I am sorry.  When did GT4 come out?  5 years ago?  Nope.  So you have one game in the PS2's 5 year existence?  Oh, and where is the online play in GT4? 

Yes it was overhyped.  According to Sony, all games were supposed to have graphics to rival Toy Story.  So you have one game in the library of thousands of games, and only one or two deliver?  Okay, I will give you 25.  Lets say that 25 games deliver.  Fine.  But out of thousands of games?  The ratio is not that great.  It was overhyped.

,aparently most people forget even though the current x-box has better graphics the ps2 has the better processor,
It is hard to argue with mindsets such as yours.  First of all, you get proven wrong in every aspect, so you resort to name calling.  I never used any foul language.  I used facts to debate your points.  If you cannot debate me with facts, do not bother posting.

I am jaded?  Sure I am.  When Sony overhypes and underdelivers for a less than stellar product, I am jaded.  When MS gets ridiculed at E3 2000, yet overdeliver on what was promised, I am jaded.  When my PS2 breaks at least one time every 3 months or so, for a year, and I have to keep sending it in for reairs or getting a new one, I am jaded.  When I have had no issues with my 2 XBOX's (no Thompson drive issues; no power cord issues) since 2001 and 2004, I am jaded.

PS2 has better processor?  DO not forget that the processor of the PS2 also works as the GPU, which in turn, slows it down considerably.  Now for the XBXO, you have to add the processor and the Nvidia GPU, which are not slowed down.  The XBOX just runs better.  You cannot dispute that.  The XBOX is the most powerful machine of this generation.

Message Edited by xPIGx on 06-07-2005 07:17 AM

=================================================================
P.ride
I.ntegrity
G.uts
Remember the Toy Story graphics on a machine more powerful than a 733Mhz PC, with online capabalities that would make you feel like you are in the Matrix? I do. It was called XBox.
Sony Products=Overhyped/under-provide
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,bobakadush wrote:
they seem to be a similar in power. xbox has more RAM(512 MB) while PS3 now has(256 MB) but the PS3 has the cell processor so the games will be faster and better paced. it will be just like PS2 and Xbox, PS2 is faster but Xbox has a bit better graphics. ,

Both have 512 MB of ram.  Ram is not a problem for both consoles.  Both consoles will have enough ram but MS is trying to make people think that PS3 won't have enough of ram.  I am guessing you got confused by MS's article on X360 vs PS3.  This is exactly what I ment in my previous post.  People who believed MS will buy X360 at launch thinking that X360 will be the best console.

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-06-2005 04:43 PM

The difference is in implementation.  On PS3, there is a set 256 MB for the CPU and 256 MB for the RSX.  The RSX can access the main RAM, but the latency sucks, and I believe the bandwidth is lower.  On X360, there is 512 MB of RAM directly accessible by the CPU/GPU at the same bandwidth/latency.  This gives the developers more flexibility b/c they can divy up the RAM in a way that makes the most sense for their game.,
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jun 7, 2005
xPIGx wrote

"Tell you which 5 year old PC is able to run that? I am sorry. When did GT4 come out? 5 years ago? Nope. So you have one game in the PS2's 5 year existence? Oh, and where is the online play in GT4?"

Your an idiot, why the hell does it matter when GT4 came out? The point is that its running on 5 year old hardware and it looks better than most games out now. GT3 came out 4 years ago and looks almost as good as GT4 and GT3 smoked any PC or console graphics at the time. Also Ridge Racer 5 came out 5 years ago and looked better than anything out at the time and it still looks good. I can care less about online play in a racing game anyways, I had Project Gathom 2 and played on live, its not that much better than playing against a computer.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2698 posts

Jun 7, 2005

I believe each new console will have they're awesome games, and sooner or later I will get each 1.

I was looking at the pictures of "Gears of War" for the x360 in Gameinformer, this months or last months issue, and it looked really good, maybe they used apple computers, I have no idea, but what I do know is I will wait and see what the game is like after the x360 releases and the game debuts on it.

as far as the ps3 is concerned, oh yeah I want one!, I will not upgrade my computer until long after the ps3 has released, because I have a feeling it will do extremely well and set a new standard for the PC market to follow.  AMD has only now just released they're "dual~core" (AMD 64 x2) technology which is real nice, but if the ps3 releases in the next 12 months for a fraction of the cost and with ten times the processing power (or whatever it comes up to be) then I am just getting a ps3 hands down.

I believe the PC market will need at least 12-18 months after the ps3 releases to build processors of the same equivalant to the cell, so it all boils down to waiting, but I'll have the ps3 long before!

you just be foolish to get a new computer today, just roll with what you got and wait for the ps3 or x360

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 7, 2005

Master P86 wrote:
xPIGx wrote

"Tell,you which 5 year old PC is able to run that? I am sorry. When did GT4,come out? 5 years ago? Nope. So you have one game in the PS2's 5 year,existence? Oh, and where is the online play in GT4?"

Your an,idiot, why the hell does it matter when GT4 came out? The point is that,its running on 5 year old hardware and it looks better than most games,out now. GT3 came out 4 years ago and looks almost as good as GT4 and,GT3 smoked any PC or console graphics at the time. Also Ridge Racer 5,came out 5 years ago and looked better than anything out at the time,and it still looks good. I can care less about online play in a racing,game anyways, I had Project Gathom 2 and played on live, its not that,much better than playing against a computer.

,Here we go again with the name calling.  Geez.  Grow up.  Did you take lesseons from Katarugi?
,Anyways . . .
,It matters because all games for the PS2 were promised to look that,good from the start.  It takes them 5 years to produce a game that,looks that good?  GT3 looks nowhere near as good as GT4, and that,game did not get good reviews either.  It smoke the other console,graphics because there was no competition, and there were no GT,wannabes on PC to compare.  If you want to get technical, at,around the same time, MFS 2002 came out, and it looked much better than,GT3.  Ridge Racer 5 was nothing compared to MFS, or eve CFS. ,Sure, you could care less abouit online play in racing games . . . but,you are the minority.  That was one of the big selling geatures,for GT4 . . . and it was dropped.  I would say about 90% of the,fans were ultra-pissed.  How is playing against a human opponent,not much better than playing against the computer?  That is just a,dumb statement to make.
P.ride
I.ntegrity
G.uts
Remember the Toy Story graphics on a machine more powerful than a 733Mhz PC, with online capabalities that would make you feel like you are in the Matrix? I do. It was called XBox.
Sony Products=Overhyped/under-provide
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,xPIGx wrote:

,Master P86 wrote:
xPIGx wrote

"Tell you which 5 year old PC is able to run that? I am sorry. When did GT4 come out? 5 years ago? Nope. So you have one game in the PS2's 5 year existence? Oh, and where is the online play in GT4?"

Your an idiot, why the hell does it matter when GT4 came out? The point is that its running on 5 year old hardware and it looks better than most games out now. GT3 came out 4 years ago and looks almost as good as GT4 and GT3 smoked any PC or console graphics at the time. Also Ridge Racer 5 came out 5 years ago and looked better than anything out at the time and it still looks good. I can care less about online play in a racing game anyways, I had Project Gathom 2 and played on live, its not that much better than playing against a computer.

Here we go again with the name calling.  Geez.  Grow up.  Did you take lesseons from Katarugi?

Anyways . . .

It matters because all games for the PS2 were promised to look that good from the start.  It takes them 5 years to produce a game that looks that good?  GT3 looks nowhere near as good as GT4, and that game did not get good reviews either.  It smoke the other console graphics because there was no competition, and there were no GT wannabes on PC to compare.  If you want to get technical, at around the same time, MFS 2002 came out, and it looked much better than GT3.  Ridge Racer 5 was nothing compared to MFS, or eve CFS.  Sure, you could care less abouit online play in racing games . . . but you are the minority.  That was one of the big selling geatures for GT4 . . . and it was dropped.  I would say about 90% of the fans were ultra-pissed.  How is playing against a human opponent not much better than playing against the computer?  That is just a dumb statement to make.

In 1999, Sony showed some PS2 tech demos for the first time.  One of them was the Tekken tech demo.  Watch the Tekken tech demo vid here:

Now compare the quality of the PS2 Tekken tech demo to the quality of Tekken 4 and Tekken 5.  Did Sony overhyped the PS2?  No.

Here are some more PS2 tech demos:

Look at the GT tech demo and compare it to GT3 and GT4. 
Look at the Skeletal Dragon tech demo and compare DMC3, GOW, and Shadow of the Colossus.
Look at the Ridge Racer girl and the old man tech demo and compare them with the charater models in FFX, MGS2/3, Tekken 4/5, and Silent Hill 3
Some of those examples look just as good, the rest look significantly better.
Back in 1999 I am sure there are people who think Sony is overhyping the PS2.  Did Sony overhype the PS2?  Did Sony underdeliver?  No.
Now look at the PS3 tech demos, I am sure PS3 games will look better than those PS3 tech demos.

Sony did not show any pre-rendered CG tech demos when they unveiled the PS2 in 1999.  Why are people are still bashing the PS3 by saying all PS3 tech demos were fake because they were all pre-rendered?

The most controversial PS2 tech demo had to be the Final Fantasy VIII tech demo.  Back in 1999 Sony claimed the FFVIII was running in real time using PS2 hardware.  Now let's look at some screenshots: (to show that PS2 had already supassed the quality of the PS2 tech demos in early 2001, I've added a FFX screenshot so that you can compare the two)

vs

The first three pics are from the FFVIII PS2 tech demo.  The last two are screenshots of Tekken 5 and MGS3.  As you can see, the FFVIII tech demo was not as detailed as some of the PS2 games.  But back in 1999 when people saw the FFVIII tech demo, people thought they were pre-rendered CG.  They were wrong because you can clearly see jaggies in the FFVIII pics.  Obviously, the PS2 has supassed the "CG" quality of the FFVIII tech demo.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
27123 posts

Jun 7, 2005
same old , same old!,
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
935 posts

Jun 7, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:
MS had to make the PS3 look bad.  MS knows if people don't buy the X360 before PS3 comes out, they will probably never buy a X360 again.  MS is trying to confuse people and make sure that enough X360 are sold before PS3 launch. ,

This is true..... BIll Gates is out for blood this is why there releasing halo for the ps3 launch.... but i know alot of ppl that don't even like a halo... it has a good multiplayer but the storyline sucks
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (17 Views)
0 Likes