I Only Post Everything
1067 posts

Re: just wan't to clear the sky for the ps3

Jun 8, 2005
Thats why MS had to make its debut on MTV, to get the kids to buy the console. Sony didnt need no lame ass celebrities, or a lame ass band. Sony brought to us what we wanted to see, MS showed us celebrities playing the x360. I wanted gameplay, not "the killers". MS is trying to appeal to the teenagers by using rock bands and faceplates. Sony has a much wider base of game genres. And the publisher support is abundant with the playstation. The xbox doesnt have the best third party xclusive support. Capcom is one of the best xclusive companies to have on your console. Especially with games like RE4. Xbox live isnt worth an xbox360. Even if Sony's online stays the same, itll be less laggy becaus e there will be no dial up users, just broadband users. All i want is a friends list, and im good. And it better be free. MS has Halo. Sony has DMC4, Killzone, God of War, Tekken and so on. Thats why Sony will win, yet again.

Go Pheonix Suns!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 51 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 8, 2005

Chaos_Theory wrote:
Thats why MS had,to make its debut on MTV, to get the kids to buy the console. Sony,didnt need no lame ass celebrities, or a lame ass band. Sony brought to,us what we wanted to see, MS showed us celebrities playing the,x360. I wanted gameplay, not "the killers". MS is trying to appeal,to the teenagers by using rock bands and faceplates. Sony has a much,wider base of game genres. And the publisher support is abundant with,the playstation. The xbox doesnt have the best third party xclusive,support. Capcom is one of the best xclusive companies to have on your,console. Especially with games like RE4. Xbox live isnt worth an,xbox360. Even if Sony's online stays the same, itll be less laggy,becaus e there will be no dial up users, just broadband users. All i,want is a friends list, and im good. And it better be free. MS has,Halo. Sony has DMC4, Killzone, God of War, Tekken and so on. Thats why,Sony will win, yet again.

You wanted game play, and Sony gave you what you wanted?
,I didnt know they showed any gameplay.
,Link?
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi

Message 52 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 8, 2005
wow...microsoft just got owned
Message 53 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 10, 2005
Alberto:

Here is the Newsweek Link.

Timmyoj:

Rockstar,supports PS3: That one you can look up, as you tend to pull facts out,of your ass. But I assure you, Rockstar isn't sitting on their hands:,i.e. the demo shown at the Sony conference

So tell me,,why has no contract been announced?  I never said that Rockstar,would not ssupport PS3, just that it was no longer a Sony exclusive, as,it has been.

Forza ranks better than GT4 in most,reviews, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean that it is better in,every aspect, I prefer GT4, it is more rewarding.

Same can be said for your DMC/NG comparison

It,doesn't really amaze me that Square Enix plans to bring FFVII to the,360, I remember MGS being brought to Gamecube, not overly impressive,,the same game just prettier. Sure FFVII is one of, if not the, greatest,RPGs of all time, but why buy a brand new console to play a game you,have already played?

MGS was brought to the XBOX as well,. . . it sucked hard.  I kind of felt bad, because I actually did,like the series at one point.  I do like the FF series, though,,and it will be nice to play it with all the extra graphical prettiness,that the 360 will be able to produce.

Splinter,Cell and MGS are different types of games, although they are both under,the genre of Stealth Action, Splinter Cell is more a modern warfare spy,game, whereas MGS is more action based. Although the XBOX Splinter Cell,looks better than the PS2, I believe that the argument in this thread,is about Next-Gen.

I believe that the two can be beaten,different ways.  In either game, you can win by stealth and/or,action.  Hence the genre Stealth/Action.  Yes it is about,next-gen, but someone decided to argue that MGS was better than,Splinter Cell.  I do not find this true.

Follow the Microsoft marketing machine as long as you want, you still can't argue worth a damn.

Neither,can you.  I don't want to hear any crying from you when Sony,underdelivers, yet again . . . on top of the delays that are no doubt,,going to happen.  Have a nice day!

Chaos_Theory

Thats,why MS had to make its debut on MTV, to get the kids to buy the,console. Sony didnt need no lame ass celebrities, or a lame ass band.,Sony brought to us what we wanted to see, MS showed us celebrities,playing the x360. I wanted gameplay, not "the killers". MS is trying to,appeal to the teenagers by using rock bands and faceplates. Sony has a,much wider base of game genres. And the publisher support is abundant,with the playstation. The xbox doesnt have the best third party,xclusive support. Capcom is one of the best xclusive companies to have,on your console. Especially with games like RE4. Xbox live isnt worth,an xbox360. Even if Sony's online stays the same, itll be less laggy,becaus e there will be no dial up users, just broadband users. All i,want is a friends list, and im good. And it better be free. MS has,Halo. Sony has DMC4, Killzone, God of War, Tekken and so on. Thats why,Sony will win, yet again.

MS did not make its debut on MTV .,. . the XBOX 360 did.  And it was a smart move.  Sony,actually started it by trying and succeeding in getting the time slot,right before MS at E3.  SO MS one-upped Sony, and released a week,early, and got some good advertising in as well.  I do not hear,you complaining about the PS2 ads that run on MTV.  Essentially,,all the program was was an ad for the 360.  And look.  You,even watched it!  MS knows that teenagers is where the games are,at.  Yes, us older folks play them, and grew up on them, but the,kids is always where it will be.  So you are upset because MS is,playing smart.  Weird.

Sony has a wider base of game genres?  Okay . . . go here and here,,and look at the list of genres.  They look the same to me! ,XBOX does not have the best 3rd party support, correct, but the 360,will.

RE series is old already.  Seriously.

XBOX,Live is not worth a 360?  You would rather stick with Sony's,online lies and lag?  If you get anything better than what you,have right now, it will not be free.  ANd Sony will not beat MS in,the online dept.  I guarantee that.

MS has Halo NG, Jade,Empire, Forza, KOTOR, and so on.  How can you put Killzone on your,list.  It does not help your argument, sadly.  The fact is,,Killzone AI sucks bad.  I mean like not even funny bad.  It,tried to hard to be a Halo killer (which I might add, the PS2 does not,have one yet!  Syill waiting . . . after 4 years.  Sad,,really!), and failed miserably.  It looks pretty, but looks are,not everything.

So Sony will win because . . . what?

le3t:

wow...microsoft just got owned

Grow up, and come back when your balls drop.  I cannot take serious, anyone who uses any form of elite-speak.
=================================================================
P.ride
I.ntegrity
G.uts
Remember the Toy Story graphics on a machine more powerful than a 733Mhz PC, with online capabalities that would make you feel like you are in the Matrix? I do. It was called XBox.
Sony Products=Overhyped/under-provide
Message 54 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 10, 2005

xPIGx wrote:
Alberto:

That does not say that Sony promised Toy Story graphics, but "Part of that expense goes to reating "Toy Story" - quality computer-generated movies..."

This is talking about the designers, I think that you just put in google the words "PlayStation" and "Toy Story" to see what it came up with. The point is that people repeating "Toy Story graphics" over and over again are anti Sony guys who heard the rumor once and now can't stop bashing Sony about it, even if they're not sure if Sony indeed promised that.

On the other hand, the article that I posted clearly states that Microsoft said Xbox could "achieve" the visual detail you see in Toy Story.

Toy Story by Microsoft
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 55 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,xPIGx wrote:

LOL, they were saying Toy Story quality for CG movies, and Xbox fanboys are still bashing Sony for promising Toy Story graphics.

"Many designers expect development costs for a PlayStation 2 game to jump to at least $4 million.
Part of that expense goes to creating "Toy Story 2"- quality computer-generated movies; Capcom hired a
film director to handle the opening sequence for Onimusha, its samurai-versus-the-undead adventure game."

When Sony said "Toy Story" graphics, they were talking about running pre-rendered CG movies on PS2 that have Toy Story quality.  Sony was right, intros/cutscenes in Onimusha, Final Fantasy, etc all have better quality than Toy Story. 

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-10-2005 01:56 PM

Message 56 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jun 10, 2005
Jeez... You mean to tell me that we took all that guff for nothing? Time to revolt
Message 57 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,JimbobSquich wrote:
Jeez... You mean to tell me that we took all that guff for nothing? Time to revolt

Well, I don't think Sony said PS2 will run Toy Story in real time.  It was the media's fault for misinterpreting what Sony said.  Like the article xPigx provided, they were talking about running Toy Story quality CG movies on PS2, not running Toy Story quality game in real time. ,
Message 58 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1415 posts

Jun 10, 2005
I believe that most of those X-box fanboys here trash talking the PS3 are no one but X-Box PR people.,
You'll never be alone again
You'll never die again
You'll never be born again
You'll forever be, stuck here in eternity
Message 59 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Llama Herder wrote:
LOL, they were saying Toy Story quality for CG movies, and Xbox fanboys are still bashing Sony for promising Toy Story graphics.

"Many designers expect development costs for a PlayStation 2 game to jump to at least $4 million.
Part of that expense goes to creating "Toy Story 2"- quality computer-generated movies; Capcom hired a
film director to handle the opening sequence for Onimusha, its samurai-versus-the-undead adventure game."

When Sony said "Toy Story" graphics, they were talking about running pre-rendered CG movies on PS2 that have Toy Story quality.  Sony was right, intros/cutscenes in Onimusha, Final Fantasy, etc all have better quality than Toy Story. 

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 06-10-200501:56 PM

It is clear then, that once again Sony delivered what it promised.
Message 60 of 63 (58 Views)
0 Likes