Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 31 2005
By: strikedragon~ Hekseville Citizen 407 posts

loadtimes

12 replies 2 views Edited May 31, 2005
what are the loadtimes going to be like on the PS3. will they be better than the PS2's
**********************************************************************************************************************************

The dragon is watching, always watching.

Dont let Government infrigne on your gaming rights, DON'T vote for Hilary Clinton in 2008!
Jesus is the answer. Republicans rock!!!!!. Bush! Bush! Bush! First of all follow the bible.
Do you like my sig?

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.')_('.')signature to help him gain world domination
Message 1 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Re: loadtimes

May 31, 2005
This is what I have been pondering.  They'll probably have a drive in there with at least 12x capabilities when it comes to DVDs.  But what about the Blu-ray media speed?  I haven't found any disclosed information on the what the speed will be for Blu-ray discs. Only speculation.
Message 2 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15424 posts

May 31, 2005
There will be some no doubt about that...there always will be if you,have the games on some kind of disc....will they be betetr than that of,the PS2...most likely.
Message 3 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2698 posts

May 31, 2005

there will be aftermarket under~drive pulleys for the ps3 which will

significantly improve the load times by double!

Message 4 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

May 31, 2005

,strikedragon wrote:
what are the loadtimes going to be like on the PS3. will they be better than the PS2's

Blu-Ray will allow less compression, which means shorter load times.  Loadtimes WILL be better overall. Just think of a PS2 game like God Of War that had next to no load times. It will be something like that but even quicker.

Message 5 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9606 posts

May 31, 2005

garnett215 wrote:

strikedragon wrote:

Blu-Ray will allow less compression, which means shorter load times. ,Loadtimes WILL be better overall. Just think of a PS2 game like God Of,War that had next to no load times. It will be something like that but,even quicker.

Finally, someone who acknowledges that fact that having all 54 gb's on BR will help with shortening load times:smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,garnett215 wrote:

,strikedragon wrote:

Blu-Ray will allow less compression, which means shorter load times.  Loadtimes WILL be better overall. Just think of a PS2 game like God Of War that had next to no load times. It will be something like that but even quicker.

lets not forget the HDD which can cache things before they accually load, for even better load times,
Photobucket
Message 7 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jun 1, 2005
Thats a good question i heard that 360 has no load times i kno sounds ridiculous but its what i heard (no link),
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Jun 1, 2005
with with HDD the system Blue Ray should be same as or more then a Hard Drive with a 72000 RPMs. The speed will be increidbly fast when it needs to read up to 59gigs to 100gigs of a blue ray disk. with HDD  it probably use same speed of a Hard drive depending on the RPMs almost instant load if you using Blue Ray, and HDD and the cell processor power that it has with Nivida RSX. But I'm not 100% or even 50% sure on this, it is a good question.

Messing with me is like playing with death.
Message 9 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 1, 2005
There will always be load times.
,As the technology moves along, the developers then increase the quality of textures/visual effects to use this power.
,Whereas, if they kept the games at the current visual standard on the next consoles, the load times would be much faster.
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi

Message 10 of 13 (2 Views)
0 Likes