Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 23 2013
By: VorxDargo Uncharted Territory 1422 posts

message from someone, is it legit?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 404 views Edited May 24, 2013

*deleted*

mods please close, sick of this BS for only asking a **bleep** question..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7536 posts

Re: message from someone, is it legit?

May 23, 2013
No.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (402 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18087 posts

May 23, 2013
The message you received is common chainmail and should not be believed. It's not real.

You can report the sender for this if you want to as well. To do this, press Triangle on the message in your Inbox and say Grief Report. You can pick an appropriate reason in the menu that comes up.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

May 23, 2013

these chains are getting annoying..

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6365 posts

May 23, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

ok this is getting annoying, some person called MusicActivated13 sent me a message it reads, quoted:

"i'm Kevin Butler from the Sony Entertainment Company. I would like to stop this spamming rumour about Playstation Network users having to pay for playing online, so please help me stop the rumour spamming. If you send this to 35 people, you will be granted $37 on Playstation Store; just check your wallet money on Playstation Store. This message is tracked by me, Kevin, and Sony Entertainment Company. please copy and send to all friends GO TO COPY PRESS X AND SCROLL"

so is this for real or is this more rnadom spam, if it is PSN needs to somehow work on stopping this!

Kevin butler doesnt work for playstation right now. but jamal still does:smileyvery-happy:

So its not real .. Happy gaming in your future

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

May 23, 2013

there's no way to actually stop chain mails other then reporting and blocking is there? i wish we had some kind of network filter..

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5518 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

ok this is getting annoying, some person called MusicActivated13 sent me a message it reads, quoted:

"i'm Kevin Butler from the Sony Entertainment Company. I would like to stop this spamming rumour about Playstation Network users having to pay for playing online, so please help me stop the rumour spamming. If you send this to 35 people, you will be granted $37 on Playstation Store; just check your wallet money on Playstation Store. This message is tracked by me, Kevin, and Sony Entertainment Company. please copy and send to all friends GO TO COPY PRESS X AND SCROLL"

so is this for real or is this more rnadom spam, if it is PSN needs to somehow work on stopping this!

That is a FAKE/SPAM/CHAIN MESSAGE. That message has layers of wrong.

PSN Terms of Service says:

You must not take any action that Sony considers to be disruptive to PSN, including, but not limited to, junk mails,:smileymad: spam,:smileymad: excessive messages or 

:smileymad:chain letters.:smileymad: Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Online Network.

The message says it will stop spam by creating more spam. Sony does not track our PSN messages. Sony will NEVER pay you to send messages to your friends. Sony will NEVER pay you to violate the PSN Terms of Service. Kevin Butler is a fictional character played by actor Jerry Lambert in Sony commercials. Kevin Butler (Jerry Lambert) does not work for Sony anymore.

Fight-show-off-fail.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (379 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14278 posts

May 23, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

Kevin butler is the character name of an actore...first of all...did you REALLY question the lagitimacy of this? And what kind of amount is $37? Lets use some critical thinking shall we?

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

May 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

Kevin butler is the character name of an actore...first of all...did you REALLY question the lagitimacy of this? And what kind of amount is $37? Lets use some critical thinking shall we?

so i take it your the forum **bleep** huh, always one.. and they always come out when people actually ask a question.

but i'll humor you and answer, yes i was unsure just like a few monsth ago when PSN guys gave out the $10 free. since that i double check before doing anything. don't like me asking here then don't read the message.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (365 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14278 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Mmm, I simply can't stomach the fact that some people can't exercise common sense is all. Unless there is an official [PSN] user with  the PSN logo as an avatar, it isn't legit. You think "hey, it isn't possible to get that avatar, this is probably real" 

And then there's, "hey, a guy from comical commercials...ya, this is fake" but somewhere those wires got crossed didn't they?

And I'm not the forum -(*insert childish swear*)- I just say what most users are too nice to verbalize in text, but believe me, they're all thinking it.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (359 Views)