Feb 18 2011
By: zwanguy First Son 3 posts

new ToS borked my account

3 replies 20 views Edited Feb 18, 2011

ok, so....really frustrated.... I signed on yesterday and everything was fine...now the PSN is telling me that I have to ask the master account holder to accept the terms of service...yet I am the master account holer...confused and in need of help

Message 1 of 4 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: new ToS borked my account

Feb 18, 2011

Ehh, if you're getting that message, your PSN ID is likely a sub account.  If you created it, you probably created it with a Master Account, and should log into that to try and resolve your issue.

Otherwise, you'll have to talk with Sony about it.

Message 2 of 4 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 18, 2011

ya, I created it like 3 years ago on a former roomates console... but I didn't know at the time that it was a sub....I read that anyone over 18 was a master account...I was 27 at the time of making the account....

Message 3 of 4 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Feb 18, 2011

zwanguy wrote:

ya, I created it like 3 years ago on a former roomates console... but I didn't know at the time that it was a sub....I read that anyone over 18 was a master account...I was 27 at the time of making the account....

Yeah, it'd be nice if Sony added some more functionality to the account management system.

It doesn't matter what the age of an account is, any can be created as a sub-account it seems.  But only those 18 and over can be created as a master account.

And there is no way to migrate a sub account to a master account, and no way to delete sub accounts.

Message 4 of 4 (20 Views)
0 Likes