Nov 01 2013
By: all_precise First Son 5 posts

playstation 4 restrictions

[ Edited ]
7 replies 217 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

plastation 4 will not be able to play mp3s or any cds . also the system will not be able to support external hard drives. ok the first thing i think that is unfair that sony is making me use thier service i listen to alot of local bands and un mainstream music wich i know they dont have on thier service i love custum soundracks especialy since i play alot of fighting games like streetfighter and i love the ability to listen to my music mixed in the backround of the game sony can you please change this i know its as simple as doing an update for the fact its a bluray player hardware wise it should play blurays, dvds, and cds, so that means its a software lock. Then on the fact that it will not support external harddrives means you have got to let me redownload something i bought again like if i buy an episode of dexter i own that right but i need to delete it from my ps4 or my harddrive gets corrupted i need to redownload it again as current policys stand if i buy something on your network like that you tell me i have to back up to an external drive so how am i gonna do that if the ps4 dosent allow external hardrives unless sony allows me to redownload movies or tv shows or videos again that i already own and am not capped on how many times i want to download to my vita or ps3 or even ps4 so lets let sony know so they can make the ps4 the perfect system . also you will not be able to stream movies videos or mp3s or anything from home network pc like the ps3

all precise
Message 1 of 8 (217 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9165 posts

Re: playstation 4 restrictions

Nov 1, 2013

None that good.

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 8 (208 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

They exist. Yes.

EDIT: It was a blank message when I replied

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 8 (206 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9165 posts

Nov 1, 2013

^ That the official list and i see none hehe.

KANE-FIRE

Message 4 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4036 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Hmmm. shot list .  Gald you came to post it. Now to stand by my door for the nest 14 days waiting on the UPS guy or lady.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 5 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9165 posts

Nov 1, 2013

They will probably add the MP3 thing in the future.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/MP3-Support-DLNA-coming-in-2nd-PS4-update...

KANE-FIRE

Message 6 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Xbox One restrictions if you don't buy Live Gold = virtually everything except single player games.

Message 7 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

the majority of things that are lacking in the PS4 at launch, are the same things the PS3 did not have at launch either.

The PS4 is a completely new ecosystem and hardware architecture. 

Its not that easy to have something that was there before, from a different architecture and hardware to something completely different and totally unrelated to the previous.

PC's don't have that problem... because well, they havent changed much in the grand scheme of things.

You don't have to buy a next-gen console at launch.... you CAN wait.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes