Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Re: playstation haters

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

Why does everyone hate on playstation. Im getting tired of xbox fanboys always bashing ps3. ps3 is the better and more powerful console plus it has the best exclusives. Why do you guys think people hate on playstation so much?

It isn't always "xbox" people who hate on Sony. Some of Sony's biggest fans see issues with some of the stuff that Sony does. While they have their good, they also have their bad. I'm sure that Sony employees would be the first to acknowledge they have issues.

People for reasons get passionate about a product, take it for what it is.

Message 11 of 55 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Mar 21, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

Why does everyone hate on playstation. Im getting tired of xbox fanboys always bashing ps3. ps3 is the better and more powerful console plus it has the best exclusives. Why do you guys think people hate on playstation so much?

They own an XBOX and are jealous of a few of our features so they bash it.

Much like some PS3 owners bash on XBOX for charging online even though that money gives them more options for online interactions. 

Message 12 of 55 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9675 posts

Mar 21, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Are you happy with your console?  If so, enjoy the crap out of it and forget the rest.

Bingo!

You shouldn't need the approval of random people to enjoy a gaming console. Just like how I don't need approval to have tea parties with my stuffed animals.

Message 13 of 55 (192 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9900 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013
That money is not giving them more room for online interaction and they are making a fortune with or without the fee. Everybody has an opinion on what the Gold Sub is paying for and you know just as well as I do that the only thing that prevented the same online interaction for PSN users is system RAM.

The cost of Live is disgusting and while they take that money from users, they turn around and spend billions on advertising firms to turn the entire interface into an advertising canvas which is cluttered and has little customization options even for premium subscribers. Now even worse, the secretly removed the family plan without even a single warning to the customers. Now a family of four has to pay the cost of a console itself every year just to play online.

And it's not even just online interactions that are blocked. Every single feature that is 100% free everywhere else is tied to that subscription fee. So that means in order for a gamer who has not a care in the world for a friends list or online multiplayer to watch a movie on Netflix, Hulu, etc, he must first pay Microsoft either 60.00 a year, 25.00 quarterly or 10.00 every month on too of what he is already paying these services. This is why I gave up my Ambassador privliges. I got tired of having to break the news to general consumers as to why they can't watch a movie even though that already paid for Netflix.

Further more, I believe this online fee has really hindered game development. Do you want to know why Microsoft can get by just giving you a Halo or Gears game every year? It's because they don't have to make money the old fashioned way anymore. Instead of depending on Microsoft Studios for innovating AA, and AAA games, they can instead make their money selling a service that unlocks half of the game they already paid for or other service they already paid for. They are not trying to sell you games and they are especially not trying to sell you exceptional single player campaigns since that would be counter productive with selling the subscription. They are trying to sell you a means to play content you already paid for while giving lame perks like early access to COD DLC.

The funniest thing about many Xbox gamers is they **bleep** the idea of any sort of Online Pass that gives you access to an actual game server but praise the biggest online pass of all which relies on our connections for the games to even work. Xbox Live is not a premium service. It's a firewall. It's sort of like paying the troll under the bridge.
Message 14 of 55 (183 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:

Live is not a premium service. It's a firewall.

It's called a Paywall.

Message 15 of 55 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9900 posts

Mar 21, 2013
You can call it that too if you like but the definition of firewall is not limited to router options. Firewall means barrier whether it is a construction barrier or the Chinese censorship firewall called the Great Firewall. Would have been nice if you could have added something meaningful to the conversation.
Message 16 of 55 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3058 posts

Mar 21, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

People "hate on" PlayStation for the same reason that people "hate on" Xbox. Some people derive their identity from the brand of electronics that they use. It's very sad and incredibly pathetic but it's (unfortunately) true.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 17 of 55 (168 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9900 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Well some people actually hated the playstation for the reasons I did until only a few years ago. Aside from hardware mistakes, there were issues with Sony trying to be too much like Microsoft with their push for gritty realism. Even some of the Naughty Dog employees were against the idea. Did you know even Uncharted was changed quite a bit to appeal to Xbox market?
Message 18 of 55 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Mar 21, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Anytime there are few choices, but mass communities, there's going to be strong rivalry.  PlayStation vs Xbox, iOS vs Android, Crips vs Bloods,  Windows vs Mac vs Linux, etc.

isnt that called democracy?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 19 of 55 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
You can call it that too if you like but the definition of firewall is not limited to router options. Firewall means barrier whether it is a construction barrier or the Chinese censorship firewall called the Great Firewall. Would have been nice if you could have added something meaningful to the conversation.

I'm fully aware of what a firewall is and does, thank you. Paywall is appropreate as you must pay or you do not get those features, I thoguth maybe you had not heard the term.

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Well some people actually hated the playstation for the reasons I did until only a few years ago. Aside from hardware mistakes, there were issues with Sony trying to be too much like Microsoft with their push for gritty realism. Even some of the Naughty Dog employees were against the idea. Did you know even Uncharted was changed quite a bit to appeal to Xbox market?

I hadn't heard this before, how did they change it?

Message 20 of 55 (134 Views)
0 Likes