Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9445 posts

Re: playstation haters

Mar 22, 2013
Uncharted was originally supposed to be inspired by JJR Tolkien. It was supposed to be a fantasy game like what the Playstation brand had always been known for in the past. While Uncharted may have been really successful with what it ended up being, I don't think this kind of gaming has been nearly as successful as a whole. If you look at Microsoft, its been two generations now and they still have not achieved the sales Sony saw during their very first attempt. Both Xbox's put together still have not sold 100K units. Meanwhile with the shift of Sonys focus to those kinds of games, they now have sales similar to Microsofts.

Some people like to blame the consoles launch price yet realistically the PS3 was a steal at 500.00 and was only 30.00 more expensive than a 20GB 360 after you buy a year of Xbox Live and a Play & Charge to power your controller. The 400.00 360 also didn't have any HDMI or Wifi. About the only extra it did have was a cheap headset that was known to break in under a month. Even if these people's Xenon 360's survived RRoD. Many still had to upgrade to a later model once HDMI was available. In the long run, the 360 was far more expensive than even a 600.00 PS3. To date, a launch 360 owner has had to spend over 800.00 on a console. And that's only if they didnt need more than one Live account for the family.

http://www.1up.com/news/gritty-xbox-shooters-caused-uncharted-move-away-tolkien-elements
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 55 (184 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Mar 27, 2013
The only garbage thing about the Ps3 is its durability
Sony Dishes out cheap **bleep** Ps3 that don't last long and the constant Updates are so annoying -.-
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 55 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

You know, I tend not to listen to fanboys, let alone Xbox fanboys.  Especially when they pay for their online capabilities.  Especially with their games looking alot less inviting (all I know is GOW:J and Halo 4 did nothing to increase its status)  Especially with the new direction Sony has.  Especially with great exclusives like TLOU on the line. Especially with my PSPlus memberships giving me new games every month to enjoy.  No I'm not committing to a flame war or anything, just stating the truth.   Right now is a good time to be rolling with Playstation and I really don't see a leg for Xbox fans to stand on.  So when the fanboys flame, I laugh...hysterically

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 55 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2794 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Murderstyle75 has some very great points.

People shouldn't bash any console. Without competition there would be nothing the console manufacturer would think to improve.
With no Achivements there would be no Trophies.
If Xbox Live wasn't such a big deal there would be no Playstation Plus.
Now with PS+, Xbox gamers are finally getting huge discounts on games (though PS+ users usually just smile and say, "that's cute" at their "sales").
With the PS3 not being as successful as they thought it would be due to the Xbox, Sony wouldn't have changed their business strategy for the PS4. And they needed to.
My point is, competition can be good. It's good for the industry and gamers everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 55 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Mar 27, 2013

TheAncientPanda wrote:
The only garbage thing about the Ps3 is its durability
Sony Dishes out cheap **bleep** Ps3 that don't last long and the constant Updates are so annoying -.-

And yet... you have ZERO experience in the matter aside from reading a few threads.... seeing as how you've JUST GOT your FIRST PS3...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Did-I-screwed-Up/m-p/39990459

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 55 (148 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I Prefer SONY Myself ^5 :smileyhappy:
RED
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 55 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8252 posts

Mar 27, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

Why does everyone hate on playstation. Im getting tired of xbox fanboys always bashing ps3. ps3 is the better and more powerful console plus it has the best exclusives. Why do you guys think people hate on playstation so much?

They mad because we play the games they do online, but we dont have to pay extra for it.

They trying to justify to themselves that they are paying extra because they are getting extra, LOL.

Everyone always hates the king, they want to be the king so its perfectly normal man, dont fret.

They also jealous that the box they bought just plays games, where as ours has always been more then that.

Just know everytime you hear them yap about it, it is because they feel buyers remorse for wasting their money and are trying like crazy to feel ok about it.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 55 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8252 posts

Mar 27, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

But the PS3... has no gaems.

It doesnt need gaems, it has amazing games you can not get anywhere else.

Xbox has 4-5 exclusives(Gears,Halo,Forza,Fable.......????), but of all the ones I have played none of them are must have games.

And if any of these are also computer games they are not exclusives at  all.

PS3 has the real exclusives worth buying a console for, such as MGS4, Resistance1, Resistance 2 coop, Infamous 1/2/festival of blood, Drakes Fortune 1,2,3, Motorstorm 1-3 plus 3d rift, LBP 1,2,karting, etc, etc, etc.

Plus for motion control games no one can touch PS3, we got Sports Champions 1/2, Eyepet 1/2, Medevil Moves, Socerery, Start the Party(My kids love this game), etc.

But I will say, if you want to play dance games xbox is the console for you, with Kinect.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 55 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Eh, I have always prefered Sony. Even way back when there was the original xbox I never had one. I never even wanted one. I was quite content with the PS2 and the games it offered (and boy, there were some good ones....lots of memories) Then the xbox 360 came out and I still had no desire to buy one. But you better believe I was waiting in line at Best Buy in 2006 for several hours to get my PS3 though, haha.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 55 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8252 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Uncharted was originally supposed to be inspired by JJR Tolkien. It was supposed to be a fantasy game like what the Playstation brand had always been known for in the past. While Uncharted may have been really successful with what it ended up being, I don't think this kind of gaming has been nearly as successful as a whole. If you look at Microsoft, its been two generations now and they still have not achieved the sales Sony saw during their very first attempt. Both Xbox's put together still have not sold 100K units. Meanwhile with the shift of Sonys focus to those kinds of games, they now have sales similar to Microsofts.

Some people like to blame the consoles launch price yet realistically the PS3 was a steal at 500.00 and was only 30.00 more expensive than a 20GB 360 after you buy a year of Xbox Live and a Play & Charge to power your controller. The 400.00 360 also didn't have any HDMI or Wifi. About the only extra it did have was a cheap headset that was known to break in under a month. Even if these people's Xenon 360's survived RRoD. Many still had to upgrade to a later model once HDMI was available. In the long run, the 360 was far more expensive than even a 600.00 PS3. To date, a launch 360 owner has had to spend over 800.00 on a console. And that's only if they didnt need more than one Live account for the family.

http://www.1up.com/news/gritty-xbox-shooters-caused-uncharted-move-away-tolkien-elements

Hey man I paid $699 for my Launch 60GB PS3, plus tax and warrenty and I thought and still do think it was a steal of a deal.

Back then Blu-ray players alone cost $600 - $800 and were not upgradable, had no HDD, no internet, etc.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 55 (101 Views)
0 Likes