Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2013
By: Kennnyk3n Splicer 55 posts

#playstation2013 event hopes...

[ Edited ]
21 replies 359 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

What do yall hope the event will be an announcement for? Its a large possibility it will be sony's next console but what would make you swell with kid like excitement if they announced it?

if you haven't seen it already here is the video.

Message 1 of 22 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: #playstation2013 event hopes...

Feb 1, 2013

The video looks cool and all but as I watched it I lost interest knowing it was a nothingness teaser. At first I thought they were glancing over a new system and wouldn't show anything too revealing, that would have far more peaked my interests.

Message 2 of 22 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

President Kaz Hirai said: "Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

This it not going to be some huge PS4 announcement if at all even about the PS4. He has made it very clear he doesn't want anyone to know what Sony is really releasing or what they are up to until Microsoft has released their console first.

So early also I don't get why everyone is assuming it's about the PS4 and maybe am I wrong but usually people always get Sony's teasers confused, even if they did do something about the PS4 like I said it will be little to no information on the PS4 in it other than possibly some upcoming games but even that is asking for a lot so early on.

Then everyone is like did you see the implication of the use of 4? No I didn't because Sony has always shown their symbols in tons of other advertisements, so I am not going to assume just because they show the 4 PS buttons it has anything to do with the PS4 when they have shown those button symbols off tons of other times.

Message 3 of 22 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

President Kaz Hirai said: "Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

This it not going to be some huge PS4 announcement if at all even about the PS4. He has made it very clear he doesn't want anyone to know what Sony is really releasing or what they are up to until Microsoft has released their console first.

So early also I don't get why everyone is assuming it's about the PS4 and maybe am I wrong but usually people always get Sony's teasers confused, even if they did do something about the PS4 like I said it will be little to no information on the PS4 in it other than possibly some upcoming games but even that is asking for a lot so early on.

Then everyone is like did you see the implication of the use of 4? No I didn't because Sony has always shown their symbols in tons of other advertisements, so I am not going to assume just because they show the 4 PS buttons it has anything to do with the PS4 when they have shown those button symbols off tons of other times.

That's true. I'm kind of hoping it's gaikai implementation through the vita. It would be fine for the ps3 but I really want that technology to go towards making remote play something awesome. It's not terrible right now but it could be heaps better.

Message 4 of 22 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Yea I was actually coming back just to say what you were, Gaikai has been completely under the radar since they bought it and we all know they have invested close to 1 billion into it, so to me it seems much more likely they might be showing that off finally.

Of course I could be wrong as well and maybe it is about the PS4 but I just don't see any reason for them to teasing the PS4 this early on. So that is my reasoning for really not jumping on the PS4 teaser bandwagon just yet. It would make much more sense to get a solid foundation for Gaikai started before they start showing off the PS4.

Message 5 of 22 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

I hope its for gaikai or new games. You guys are right, gaikai on vita will be glorious!

Message 6 of 22 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2514 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Basically, if this isn't going to be about the PSV and new games for it, I'm not interested nor hyped~.
Message 7 of 22 (313 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 1, 2013

One out of the 4 things

1.Price drop

2.announcements of games

3.Gaikai on the Vita

4.all of those

Or Bust.

Message 8 of 22 (292 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Feb 1, 2013

ColorlessMage wrote:

One out of the 4 things

1.Price drop

2.announcements of games

3.Gaikai on the Vita

4.all of those

Or Bust.

A Neogaf user sloothed around and found the source code which (essentially) stated 'Playstation Meeting'.

The Playstation Meeting was birth to the VITA (than known as the NGP) in 2011.

Message 9 of 22 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Wakefulness wrote:

ColorlessMage wrote:

One out of the 4 things

1.Price drop

2.announcements of games

3.Gaikai on the Vita

4.all of those

Or Bust.

A Neogaf user sloothed around and found the source code which (essentially) stated 'Playstation Meeting'.

Wakefulness wrote:

ColorlessMage wrote:

One out of the 4 things

1.Price drop

2.announcements of games

3.Gaikai on the Vita

4.all of those

Or Bust.

Welp,i guess that means the ps4 is likely to show right?

Message 10 of 22 (280 Views)
0 Likes