Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2013
By: princepaulo23 Splicer 73 posts
Accepted Solution

psp/vita question

26 replies 244 views Edited Mar 17, 2013
I was planning to buy a vita but I was wondering if I got a PSP instead can I play all PSP and ps1 games on it? Either downloading it from PSP store or transfer from ps3? Just wondering if having a PSP would do the same thing and save me money since there aren't really any vita games I really want
Message 1 of 27 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: psp/vita question

Mar 17, 2013

IMO, there's no point in buying a PSP nowadays unless you already own a bunch of physical PSP games (UMDs). Since it sounds like you've never owned a PSP, I'm going to guess you don't.

What kind of games do you like to play? I find it hard to believe there are no Vita games you'd like.

Message 2 of 27 (240 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Ibhad a PSP years ago when it first came out and now I want a handheld again. Mainly I want to play ps1 classics like tomb raider and some downloadable PSP games like god of war. From what I've seen at the stores I haven't really wanted any vita games. But it seems like a lot of people on here play a lot of old games on vita
Message 3 of 27 (232 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Mar 17, 2013

You can play both PSP and PS1 games on a Vita and they do look significantly better than they do on a PSP. Also for the price you'll pay for a new PSP, you might as well get a Vita. There is one caveat, and it's just that the Vita is limited to certain available titles in the store. Games like God of war and the Tomb Raider games are available for the Vita, you can also play GOW 1 and 2 on a Vita with a PS3 using remote play. But if you still own umd's and have certain favorites you want to play then you may just want to get a PSP. But let me tell you, when you see some of the PS1 games and PSP games on the Vita screen, you'll want a Vita.

Message 4 of 27 (228 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Alright yall are convincing me. My only question is about the memory card on the vita. How much does the one that cones with the vitahold and how much space do downloadable/transferrable games typicqllly take? What size cards do you have for your vita?
Message 5 of 27 (225 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Well the sizes of the memory cards are 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB. I currently have a 32GB card, but you don't necessarily need to go that big. I would start with an 8GB card, since a 4GB card will only hold a small number of games depending on their size. But in all honesty it's whatever you can afford, since the Vita and memory are not cheap at the moment. Most PS1 games are usually under 1GB, some exceptions are the later PS1 Final Fantasy games, and the God of war PSP games are just over 1GB. So with an 8GB card it gives you enough room to have a number of games that you like, as well as space for apps, music, photos etc.

Message 6 of 27 (218 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Okay 1 more question. Can any ps3 games be played on the vita? For example, Lego batman 2 dc superheroes cones out both on ps3 and vita, if I have 1 can I play it on both?
Message 7 of 27 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Mar 17, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
Okay 1 more question. Can any ps3 games be played on the vita? For example, Lego batman 2 dc superheroes cones out both on ps3 and vita, if I have 1 can I play it on both?

There are only a few games that support cross-play, like MLB:The Show, Sound Shapes and a few others, but the Lego games are not currently cross-play so for Lego Batman 2 it would either be one or the other. There are also cross-buy games where you purchase the PS3 version and you get the Vita version for free, but unfortunately it doesn't work the other way around. If you check out the PSN store and go through the Vita section it will give you a better idea of what games  and options are available to you. Also if you own a PS3 there are some PS1 and PSP games that are not available directly for the Vita but can be transfered using the conent manager to the Vita, but do the research before you buy.

Message 8 of 27 (206 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:

Certain games have Cross-Buy (eg. PSASBR, Sly Cooper IV), but I don't believe Lego Batman 2 is one of them.

EDIT: ninja'd by Asphalt

Message 9 of 27 (205 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I have one more question if anyone can help me. The 3g vita can use internet anywhere? Without being in a WiFi spot?
Message 10 of 27 (172 Views)
0 Likes