I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Re: "Superweapon" game mode (My suggestion for a DLC)

Aug 1, 2012
Message 31 of 69 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Oh sure, it's done.

Sorry, I was pasting from an old Word document and I didn't even think to check my links Smiley Tongue
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 32 of 69 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Well I'm back Smiley Happy

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Jun 27, 2012 8:41 AM

Arron_Rift wrote:

-----

one of the posters here is suggesting a game mode called "domination" inspired by the one-rift-extractor concept here

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37824958

It's quite similar, so you guys may enjoy looking there also. Smiley Happy

-----

i'm checking it out right now, thanks for the link

Ishbu

Jun 27, 2012 8:52 AM

I only read part of it.. but so far..... Its Insane... and above all IMO amazing

Arron_Rift

Jun 27, 2012 10:20 AM

Hey guys!

Just got a message from psn upon log-in today that they are migrating their forums, and so things posted for the next few days may not be saved. As such, I will probably rain in my posting until then, but I hope to continue fleshing things out here once things are all secure again Smiley Happy

Also, you guys may want to copy and paste anything you are attached to on these forums to a safer place just in case it doesn't all make it.

FL4TULENT Mau5

Jun 27, 2012 1:34 PM

Like!

"These garages would exit the base through indestructible gates similar to the B&B ones. Only infantry could enter the base..." I was thinking good on the gates, but leave them shut for ANY infantry then put open doors(more like a human sized hole) next to the gates.

"External turrets should probably be mounted on the sides and bottom of the ship, be accessible from within the ship, and should require repair if they withstand enough damage." Good; Good; and I think there should be a point where(if there are many turrets) they are destroyed permanently if damaged too badly; I mean BAD. Or perhaps they can be turned off by destroying the command core(Different from energy core).

Arron_Rift said "What I'm not sure about is how the rift energy should be acquired to build these ships. Perhaps you would just get rift energy from being near the base, as you do in other game modes." Utilityguy said: "...for the rift distribution, have the base rift obsorbtion be 2x less than the middle area while also having random rift barrel hot spots appear two at a time throughout the map." These are good ideas; what about having the hangars outside of the rift zones so that you have to travel to them to deposit in the bank o' doom?

I like your ideas for destroying the guns/ship. Good good. Smiley Happy

Perhaps delay its arrival by shooting at the propulsion system? Engines, power coils, cooling system and such? Picture Starwars but better...

Arron_Rift

Jun 27, 2012 10:46 PM

FL4TULENT_Mau5 wrote:

---

... deposit in the bank o' doom?

---

LOL, great name for it! much funnier than plain "energy reserve" Smiley Happy

Yeah, I was thinking that there should be infantry doorways too, but I forgot to mention it. I'm picturing 4 garage doors on the front, a double-wide door in the middle, and then there would maybe be two narrow doors to either side. They should always be open, but I think they should be too small for vehicles to enter.

I don't think that the turrets should ever be permanently gone, as they would be the main defense against hawks. Otherwise, that might allow for a few hawks to ravage what is supposed to be an unstopable war machine, and it would kind of ruin the effect if the enemy hawks could go and do the chicken dance on your deck without the there being any danger lol. But I was thinking that perhaps if the turret ever ran out of health, perhaps you would have to repair it to full health before it could be entered again. Or perhaps they could have their own respawn timer.

As cool as it would be to have lots of damage points on the ship, I think that may get too convoluted. However, I was thinking that external damage to the super laser could shut it down for a few seconds and buy your team more time. This was the focus would still be on launching your own ship or taking out the enemy's power core, but the ship wouldn't be completely unphased by attacks either.

Celsus

Jun 27, 2012 11:13 PM

Nice to see this idea going strong, also liked the ideas on the threads about massive forts on one side that the team tried to take down from the other...so BRs would be ok since the point is to defend the base.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Jun 28, 2012 6:41 AM

Arron_Rift wrote:

---

Hey guys!

Just got a message from psn upon log-in today that they are migrating their forums, and so things posted for the next few days may not be saved. As such, I will probably rain in my posting until then, but I hope to continue fleshing things out here once things are all secure again Smiley Happy

Also, you guys may want to copy and paste anything you are attached to on these forums to a safer place just in case it doesn't all make it.

---

MOST of the threads/forums will remain intact but your PM's will all be deleted so save anything you don't want to lose!

Arron_Rift

Jun 28, 2012 10:28 AM

Oh good, most of my stuff is in dicussions anyways.

Actually, I don't think I have a PMs, I really never used this forum before this time last week Smiley Happy

Arron_Rift

Jun 28, 2012 10:30 AM

Oh, and I'd like to point out that, as of today, this thread is officially 1 week old Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for all of your posts, It's been fun talking to you guys Smiley Tongue

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Jun 28, 2012 12:10 PM

Don't let me post in your thread, it will never die because i'm addicted Smiley Tongue

FL4TULENT_Mau5

Jun 28, 2012 12:16 PM

You've obviously thought about this more than I have! Smiley HappyYour right about the chicken dance and the ship becoming convoluted. I still hold to the idea of a command core seperate from the power core. Get destroyed and turrets go down; grab a welding torch turrets are back up (this would not effect the anti-infantry turrets, being as they are a self contained unit anyhow...).

And Congrats on your week anniversary! =D

Arron_Rift

Jun 28, 2012 3:08 PM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

---

Don't let me post in your thread, it will never die because i'm addicted Smiley Tongue

----------------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click

here

---

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I'd actually like for this thread to last as long as possible, as that will help us flesh out this idea and attract more attention from the community and LBI.

So thanks for your help man, now I don't have to worry so much about posting every day Smiley Very Happy

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Jun 29, 2012 6:43 AM

Arron_Rift wrote:

---

-----

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

----------------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click

here

-----

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I'd actually like for this thread to last as long as possible, as that will help us flesh out this idea and attract more attention from the community and LBI.

So thanks for your help man, now I don't have to worry so much about posting every day Smiley Very Happy

---

Smiley LOLNo problem Smiley Tongue

YAY!! I finally fixed it! Now this thread has everything it did before the forum migration! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy Only took me a month to get around to it! LOL

Now, is anyone still interested in this idea?....

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 33 of 69 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Aug 4, 2012

I still support the idea.Smiley Happy

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Message 34 of 69 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
389 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Man Very HappyArron_Rift wrote:

YAY!! I finally fixed it! Now this thread has everything it did before the forum migration! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy Only took me a month to get around to it! LOL

Now, is anyone still interested in this idea?....

You bet, excellent idea.

Message 35 of 69 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Hey guys,

I just saw on my calendar that this thread is officially one year old today! 

Of all my treads, I think this one was my favorite! Not only was it my biggest, but I think this posting and maintaining this thread was what originally got me involved in this community here Smiley Happy

Personally, I hope the MCCs in Dust are like this one day Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 69 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey guys,

Of all my treads, I think this one was my favorite! Not only was it my biggest, but I think this posting and maintaining this thread was what originally got me involved in this community here Smiley Happy

Digging up old threads are we? Robot tongue

CCP said they want to make fighting in the MCC's possible...

Message 37 of 69 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey guys,

Digging up old threads are we? Robot tongue

Lol Smiley Happy

Honestly, sometimes I enjoy going back and seeing how hopful we all were for this game back in the beginning. It seemed like anything was possible back then...right until LBI went down the tubes Smiley Tongue

I had so much fun thinking of stuff to suggest, and even though they never came to fruition, I'm still glad I posted all of these threads Smiley Happy

Does anyone here have a favorite idea that they can remember?

Message 38 of 69 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Wow... Old thread!!!
Message 39 of 69 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Anyone else catch "giant drop pod?"
Message 40 of 69 (160 Views)
0 Likes